I Know PPP is Largely Conservative Now

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as I know he was always very anti-drugs. I remember how shocked I was when I learned that seeing I was never NOT stoned when I listened to his music. But then again I was 16.

Link

He's a rock star (since releasing his first album in 1967) who has been clean and sober (no drugs, alcohol or tobacco) his entire life; a Christian, a hunter and a conservationist.

Tell that to the woman who looses her breasts to cancer. Dick.

And I'm not 'on' any stem cell thing, I just have a Google alert and pass along the things I find interesting. If I throw a little dig in for you righties once in a while it's because I think these discoveries could have been here sooner. Please feel free to ignore any stem cell threads in the future.

BTW, Bush was "creepy" about it because god told him to be.

Hang in there Gene-o.

Similar to fire: you can burn your neighbor's house down or cook food. Same fire, different uses.

Hang in there Gene-o.

Similar to fire: you can burn your neighbor's house down or cook food. Same fire, different uses.

Whoa! You don't really think Gene gets that concept, or, gets it, but doesn't want to miss the chance to phony it up, do you?

The problem with trying to create political wedge issues is: they have to be more be more compelling to emotion, rather than reason. Gene's campaign to try to create a wedge on stem cells, and thereby paint conservatives as nuts is FAIL, because nobody is going to get emotional about something that we know is merely a tool.

Gene's attempts like this will always fail, because just like stem cells, he is merely a tool as well. Whose tool is Gene? That's the real question.

Whoa! You don't really think Gene gets that concept, or, gets it, but doesn't want to miss the chance to phony it up, do you?

The problem with trying to create political wedge issues is: they have to be more be more compelling to emotion, rather than reason. Gene's campaign to try to create a wedge on stem cells, and thereby paint conservatives as nuts is FAIL, because nobody is going to get emotional about something that we know is merely a tool.

Gene's attempts like this will always fail, because just like stem cells, he is merely a tool as well. Whose tool is Gene? That's the real question.

It's not whose tool, he is a tool. :lol:

*Yawn*

But that's what I'd expect from a bunch of repressed homos. :)

You guys are totally missing the point of these stem cell threads. They are not politically-motivated. If I read something exciting about stem cell research, which I find to be a fascinating field, I'll post it because I think it's great. There's no downside for anyone. It seems to me that the only "tools" are the ones who see the words "stem cells" in 2011 and immediately think politics. It's extremely funny to me that you jackasses can't get past the fact that this was, until recently, a hot-button political issue. I think I'm going to keep passing these things along regardless.

Again, if I occasionally like poking at the Sean Hannity worshiping retards among us, well, THAT is because I don't like you or your politics. Again, this has nothing to do with stem cells.

OC, that's the first post of yours I've read in a long, long time. I can see I haven't been missing much.

Just the same old tired ****...

*Yawn*

You guys are totally missing the point of these stem cell threads. They are not politically-motivated. If I read something exciting about stem cell research, which I find to be a fascinating field, I'll post it because I think it's great. There's no downside for anyone. It seems to me that the only "tools" are the ones who see the words "stem cells" in 2011 and immediately think politics. It's extremely funny to me that you jackasses can't get past the fact that this was, until recently, a hot-button political issue. I think I'm going to keep passing these things along regardless.

Again, if I occasionally like poking at the Sean Hannity worshiping retards among us, well, THAT is because I don't like you or your politics. Again, this has nothing to do with stem cells.

OC, that's the first post of yours I've read in a long, long time. I can see I haven't been missing much.

So if in your mind this is not political why did you not post it in Off The Wall?

*Yawn*

You guys are totally missing the point of these stem cell threads. They are not politically-motivated. If I read something exciting about stem cell research, which I find to be a fascinating field, I'll post it because I think it's great.

Awesome.

Why not post them on the Bills board too? They are not Bills related either. The Consumer board could use a little help getting it more active.

Edited by ieatcrayonz

*Yawn*

Says the OP who titled this thread "I know PPP is largely conservative now". Did you just need to practice your hypocrisy?

*Yawn*

Again Gene, stem cell research was never a hot button political issue. Federal funding for embryonic stem cell research was. Those who are not aware of this should probably quietly bow out of the conversation and hope no one remembers their involvment.