Nice Da'Quan Bowers Article

Drifter

I just finished reading this article in the paper and thought I would pass it along. It does a good job showing how he has handled recent deaths in his life and applied new focus to succeed.

Charlotte Observer

Nice article and thanks for posting. As a sports fan, I love reading these stories. I certainly hope that Bowers is a changed man and that he has a long and successful career.

My problem with Bowers is that I haven't been impressed with any of the video I've seen of his play.

I am aware of his incredible statistics…his numbers are more impressive than any of his rival prospects…15.5 sacks and 25 tackles for loss are amazing numbers for a player who was probably being double teamed quite a bit.

But I'm not a big numbers guy for the most part and don't see where his game is that impressive on tape. I've been wrong before though.

Nice article and thanks for posting. As a sports fan, I love reading these stories. I certainly hope that Bowers is a changed man and that he has a long and successful career.

My problem with Bowers is that I haven't been impressed with any of the video I've seen of his play.

I am aware of his incredible statistics…his numbers are more impressive than any of his rival prospects…15.5 sacks and 25 tackles for loss are amazing numbers for a player who was probably being double teamed quite a bit.

But I'm not a big numbers guy for the most part and don't see where his game is that impressive on tape. I've been wrong before though.

:unsure:

Edited by vincec

It was that time I thought I was wrong but actually…ah never mind.

What is it about Bowers' game that you dislike? I've seen him a good amount down here in ACC-land, and i watch him terrorize us (FSU, with one of the best OLs in the nation) this past season. He's big enough to play 3-4 DE (275-280 depending on what you believe), and a consistent pass rusher/disrupter. He recorded sacks in all but 2 games last season, so its not as if he piled up numbers against 1-AA schools.

What is it about Bowers' game that you dislike? I've seen him a good amount down here in ACC-land, and i watch him terrorize us (FSU, with one of the best OLs in the nation) this past season. He's big enough to play 3-4 DE (275-280 depending on what you believe), and a consistent pass rusher/disrupter. He recorded sacks in all but 2 games last season, so its not as if he piled up numbers against 1-AA schools.

could be a one year wonder like maybin. until this year nobody heard opf him!

I feel the same and his bowl game was an embarrassment, popped strait up, no leg drive didn't go after ball carrier if it was "too far" out of his way. Maybe he needs to shelve the music for awhile because playing a gig a few hours after the game makes it impossible to be completely focused on the game. He may have got his act together after his father's passing but good life stories don't make great players, desire does. Hope he does well in the league but haven't been impressed so far.

You know Ramius, I just don't see the suddenness and explosion that the great pass rushers have.

His stats are incredible so there's obviously something there. I don't know the ACC and the quality of that conference because I don't watch that much college football.

I'd like to see (but haven't searched for) his video against top teams to see how he performed against top caliber competition. But regardless of your positive testimony, I don't see the explosion and quick twitch movements.

In the Bowers' videos I saw, he actually reminded me of Tyson Jackson (stylistically that is, I know statistically that Bowers is much superior). I like Tyson Jackson, but he was not supposed to be a top five talent, regardless of the fact that the Chiefs drafted him there.

Again I could be wrong about Bowers.

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

Watching tape of Bowers, Fairley and Dareus, I was least impressed by Bowers. Dareus is so quick and athletic for a big man and has power for a bull rush. He sheds blockers better than FaIrley. Fairley has power and a nasty streak I liked. Nothing really popped out at me watching Bowers - though stats dictate he's got something going on.

Edited by Green Lightning

could be a one year wonder like maybin. until this year nobody heard opf him!

He was the #1 overall recuirt coming out of HS so people have heard of him. He also isnt built like a skinny WR.

I feel the same and his bowl game was an embarrassment, popped strait up, no leg drive didn't go after ball carrier if it was "too far" out of his way. Maybe he needs to shelve the music for awhile because playing a gig a few hours after the game makes it impossible to be completely focused on the game. He may have got his act together after his father's passing but good life stories don't make great players, desire does. Hope he does well in the league but haven't been impressed so far.

??? I didnt hear anything about this? Please explain.