Worlds strongest NT

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is it that prevents a guy like this, with all the phyiscal tools, and then some, from having elite talent? I'm asking honestly - there are certainly bigger, stronger, and faster men out there who get cut from NFL rosters in favor of guys with more football ability, but I don't know what that means.

I think some people who are big and strong just aren't very good athletes.Being muscle bound doesn't change a poor athlete from being a poor athlete...In fact it may just make him even slower in quickness and reflex.So I don't know exactly what 'physical tools' are....Usually that is a prelude(when it is emphasized) to the fact that a guy isn't a good athlete.Ted Washington looked like a fat blob physically.But he was amazingly quick and no one..NO ONE--no offensive lineman could move him/stand him up.Bobby Chandler was small(180lbs) and slow--great great receiver though.Got open--dove for balls/jumped for balls--and came up with the catch against guys who were twice as fast and had twice the leaping ability that he had.

Cool video but the guy is nothing more then a workout warrior. Its all numbers his play doesn't back up his workouts. All in all I would take a flier on the guy as a UDFA but giving up any picks even a late rounder isn't worth it. Weight training is only one of many dimensions to how good a football player he is.

Hey as a 7th round pick or an Un-Drafted free Agent I wouldn't mind taking a look at him.. Remember Kyle williams was a 5th round pick none even heard of, it was his high motor and work ethics that got him to where he is today, him and kyle would be pretty mean on the line..

Kyle Williams played for LSU against some of the toughest opponenets collge ball had to offer. Perhaps you take a chance on this kid as an UDFA but not a valuable draft pick.