15 year old sings exactly like Johnny Cash

Phlegm Alley

Until he can hit the emotional button like Cash does in this song he's a novelty act.

YES.

This kid is not Johnny Cash. He sings the words, not the songs.

Find me one person who does not like Johnny Cash. Anyone who does not like him, or at the least understand him, has not heard enough of his music.

Until he can hit the emotional button like Cash does in this song he's a novelty act.

youtube.com/watch?v=Bp4UI_FxGLE

I liked some of his songs, but I always thought Johnny Cash was a total a hole. When I saw that "Walk the Line" movie, having heard it was an authentic view of his life, I was 100% convinced.

Cash was a self-centered, whining dirtbag

Just look and listen to that "Hurt" video...What is he, a senior citizen version of a teenage "cutter"...Then he goes on to compare himself to Christ

This whole "convict" act was another phoney thing about him. He never did any real time and just spent single nights in jail because he acted like an idiot when he was drunk and high

Sorry to slay one of your musical heros, but he was a joke

This is from Wikipedia:

"Although Cash carefully cultivated a romantic outlaw image, he never served a prison sentence. Despite landing in jail seven times for misdemeanors, each stay lasted only a single night. His most infamous run-in with the law occurred while on tour in 1965, when he was arrested by a narcotics squad in El Paso, Texas. The officers suspected that he was smuggling heroin from Mexico, but it was prescription narcotics and amphetamines that the singer had hidden inside his guitar case. Because they were prescription drugs rather than illegal narcotics, he received a suspended sentence."

Ah the old days when most inmates were white.

Well, the inmates who went to the Cash concert were...

Edited by Bills99999

This whole "convict" act was another phoney thing about him. He never did any real time and just spent single nights in jail because he acted like an idiot when he was drunk and high

Well, the inmates who went to the Cash concert were...

No, prior to the 60's the majority of inmates were white

Ah the old days when most inmates were white.

Actually, they were pretty restrictive in who they let go to those concerts (obviously). Blacks, hispanics, and whites don't sit/eat/play together in prison. There was a mexican mafia member who threw and hit Johnny Cash with a coffee cup (some kind of cup, can't remember if it was a coffee cup 100%) during one of the concerts at San Quentin. They didn't let the hispanics near him after that.

Actually, they were pretty restrictive in who they let go to those concerts (obviously). Blacks, hispanics, and whites don't sit/eat/play together in prison. There was a mexican mafia member who threw and hit Johnny Cash with a coffee cup (some kind of cup, can't remember if it was a coffee cup 100%) during one of the concerts at San Quentin. They didn't let the hispanics near him after that.

I hope it wasn't Plastic Cup. That guy already has a bad name.

As for the kid, yeah, he sounds like Cash, but, he doesn't SOUND like Cash.

This is from Wikipedia:

"Although Cash carefully cultivated a romantic outlaw image, he never served a prison sentence. Despite landing in jail seven times for misdemeanors, each stay lasted only a single night. His most infamous run-in with the law occurred while on tour in 1965, when he was arrested by a narcotics squad in El Paso, Texas. The officers suspected that he was smuggling heroin from Mexico, but it was prescription narcotics and amphetamines that the singer had hidden inside his guitar case. Because they were prescription drugs rather than illegal narcotics, he received a suspended sentence."

Johnny Cash may have crafted a persona, but that was common in all types of popular music in his day. And, it still holds true today. Johnny Cash is not even my favorite,though I like him a lot, but nobody in music, practiced what he preached like Cash. He used his music to bring attention to very unpopular causes (the plight of the American indian, prison conditions, literacy), and he likely paid a price for it, because he was dropped from a major record label, because of it.

To write him off, because he didn't do hard time, is just kinda stupid. But, I have been following your work, so I am not surprised! :lol:

As for me, Merle Haggard was the classic of all the country greatest. He did do hard time...he was actually in the audience at the show that Cash did in San Quentin.