4 year old sued

Captain Hindsight

the only ruling is that she CAN be sued. Until she is actually brought to court and the suit goes before a judge it is still technically meaningless. Find me a judge that rules in favor of suing a 4 year old for negligence and I'll show you someone that needs to be hung by their toenails.

the only ruling is that she CAN be sued. Until she is actually brought to court and the suit goes before a judge it is still technically meaningless. Find me a judge that rules in favor of suing a 4 year old for negligence and I'll show you someone that needs to be hung by their toenails.

The fact it has gone this far makes me weep for the future...even with my hindsight abilities

Well she is being brought to court. That's the point of the article.

The ruling by the judge, Justice Paul Wooten of State Supreme Court in Manhattan, did not find that the girl was liable, but merely permitted a lawsuit brought against her, another boy and their parents to move forward.

4 year old to judge: "Bring it on!"

LOL

And maybe someone with more legal expertise could clear up, is this any different than the parents being sued? Are the people basically going through the 4 year old to get to the parents who did a crappy job at supervising their brats and letting them ride their bikes full speed into people?

Who lets little kids with barely enough skills to maintain control of their bikes "race" down a busy city sidewalk? Typical modern parents who think that their child and them are the most important people on the planet...

I think the reason the judge is allowing it to go forward is that the parents were also named in the suit. That doesn't mean I agree with it. Sometimes accidents just happen. There is danger out there and sometimes it ends tragically. This doesn't mean it is anyone in particular's fault. Kind of like my industry. My clients can't sue me for market losses.