Denver's Need for a CB

Rockinon

I really like Peterson, he is head and shoulders above everyone in this draft.

Mock this

1.Peterson cb

2.Wilson ilb

3.jenkins 34 de

4-7.bpa regardless of position

Sign a TE, a NT and a RT.(Miller, soliai & trueblood or Hunter)

2. Denver Broncos: Patrick Peterson, CB, LSU.

Denver has seen their defensive backs go from one of the best in the NFL, to now finding themselves in need of improvement. Champ Bailey and Brian Dawkins are both passes their prime, and don't have many years left to play at the NFL level. Their other cornerback, Perrish Cox, has found himself in legal troubles.

Linky

Personally, I think this plays into our hands nicely.

I say trade them Leodis McFumble for Brady Quinn. He isn't in their future, and might be the QB of the future here, so we can draft defense. Plus getting rid of McFumble automatically adds one or two wins to our record, seems like he fumbles at least a game or two away each year.

Mock this

1.Peterson cb

2.Wilson ilb

3.jenkins 34 de

My concern is that his return highlights are a big part of his climb - great added value for another team, not great for us

2. Denver Broncos: Patrick Peterson, CB, LSU.

Denver has seen their defensive backs go from one of the best in the NFL, to now finding themselves in need of improvement. Champ Bailey and Brian Dawkins are both passes their prime, and don't have many years left to play at the NFL level. Their other cornerback, Perrish Cox, has found himself in legal troubles.

Linky

Personally, I think this plays into our hands nicely.

the best two players in this draft are Fairley and Dareus.....so if denver picks Peterson, this is good for buffalo.

the best two players in this draft are Fairley and Dareus.....so if denver picks Peterson, this is good for buffalo.

Dareus is definitely not considered one of the two best players in this draft. In fact he's widely considered second tier talent after Fairley, Peterson, Green. If the Bills don't draft him, he probably falls to the 6-12 range of the first round. Dareus is considered a solid d-line prospect, but not someone who'll become a perennial pro bowler. The Bills should either draft one of the top three, or trade back and go to a defensive line player. Dareus would be a good pick in a trade back scenario.

Edited by 1billsfan

Dareus is definitely not considered one of the two best players in this draft. In fact he's widely considered second tier talent after Fairley, Peterson, Green. If the Bills don't draft him, he probably falls to the 6-12 range of the first round. Dareus is considered a solid d-line prospect, but not someone who'll become a perennial pro bowler. The Bills should either draft one of the top three, or trade back and go to a defensive line player. Dareus would be a good pick in a trade back scenario.

well, everyone looks at talent differently, Dareus will continue to move up the board, in fact, the Sporting News has him going #1 overall to Carolina as the "safest" pick in the draft....much like miami took OT Long a couple years back as the safest pick:

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/feed/2011-01/2011-nfl-draft/story/nfl-mock-draft-alabama-dt-marcell-dareus-moves-up-to-no-1

well, everyone looks at talent differently, Dareus will continue to move up the board, in fact, the Sporting News has him going #1 overall to Carolina as the "safest" pick in the draft....much like miami took OT Long a couple years back as the safest pick:

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/feed/2011-01/2011-nfl-draft/story/nfl-mock-draft-alabama-dt-marcell-dareus-moves-up-to-no-1

I think ol' Russ is high on crack. No way does Nick Fairley slip past the Bills. Miller over Fairley???? That's too rich.

They said the same things about Warren Sapp. Just makes the comparisons between the two even stronger. Fairley is a beast and the Bills would be pulling another bone-headed Whitner over Ngata move if they did this.

BTW, Green is the safest pick in the draft. Put down the pipe Russ.

Mock this

1.Peterson cb

2.Wilson ilb

3.jenkins 34 de

I'd be happy with those additions, but I disagree that he is head and shoulders above the rest of the qbs. He's a better athlete than prince, but doesn't play the cb position as well. I'd rather have prince.

Mayock has dareus as the number 1 DL.