Did Shaud Williams seal T. Henry's fate?

The_Real

Im sorry I had to waste my time rewriting my posts because idiots like you dont understand them.

Actually, I'm sorry too.

In the future, please feel free to allow me to wallow in my ignorance.

Pretty please?

I know it is hard to let go of Travis Henry, but did this guy make an impression on anyone else?  He is really explosive and plays to the whistle.  I know size has GOT to be a concern, but the guy could be a nice back up. 

Could that pave the way for a Travis Henry trade? 

T_R

158860[/snapback]

Decent backs are a dime-a-dozen. I like Williams, he was the leading rusher in the SEC in 2003 and is durable and physical for his size. It helps that he has that knack for not taking the brunt of a big hit. But quality back up running backs are not that hard to find. Joe Burns is an adequate backup, as long as he holds on to the football and they don't try to throw it to him.

I know it is hard to let go of Travis Henry, but did this guy make an impression on anyone else?  He is really explosive and plays to the whistle.  I know size has GOT to be a concern, but the guy could be a nice back up. 

Could that pave the way for a Travis Henry trade? 

T_R

158860[/snapback]

No, not at all. Williams went down after first contact every time. Henry breaks tackles. Not like McGahee, but he still breaks tackles. Williams just doesn't have the weight to do so.

No, not at all. Williams went down after first contact every time. Henry breaks tackles. Not like McGahee, but he still breaks tackles. Williams just doesn't have the weight to do so.

158949[/snapback]

No he certainly did not. He had a few runs where he broke tackles really well. Look at his TD run. He dragged a couple of guys the last two yards if I recall correctly.

Am I the only one who was really impressed with Henry as a pure runner. I thought as I pure runner he was better than Thurman. He was lousy at everything else, especially picking up blitzes, and this year he was just horrible, period. Slipping all over. But, 2 years ago, I never saw anybody break so many tackles, since Earl Campbell. Last year, the last 10 games, he was almost as impressive.

Am I the only one who was really impressed with Henry as a pure runner.  I thought as I pure runner he was better than Thurman.  He was lousy at everything else, especially picking up blitzes, and this year he was just horrible, period.  Slipping all over.  But, 2 years ago, I never saw anybody break so many tackles, since Earl Campbell.  Last year, the last 10 games, he was almost as impressive.

158964[/snapback]

Willis is better. But lets remember Travis is a good RB. Stick him in Denver and he gets 1,600 yards and 14 TD's.

Remember when TD picked Willis - the whole town was about to tar and feather him. We loved Henry.

Your either stupid or you just cant understand what I wrote and put meaning to it. The Cleveland drive was a POS drive and everyone on here knows it. Another poster already sayed that above. NOW - im not saying the pre-season was meaningless. I was just mentioning that he ALSO looked good in the pre-season. Making the point, that everyone says that pre-season doesnt matter. So why should 3 minutes left in a game where the Cleveland starting D' is out matter? It is basically the same thing.

Im sorry I had to waste my time rewriting my posts because idiots like you dont understand them.

158892[/snapback]

Ooh, somebody's fishing for a timeout.