Best RT to target in FA

The OL situation reminds me a bit of what the Bills had back in 1998. Remember to start the season off, when RJ was taking all of those sacks, Mauck had the lineman go on a strike, where they refused to talk to the press. When RJ went down with an injury and Flutie was inserted -- suddenly the line was no longer a problem.

The same thing happened last year once Fitz became the starter. In the middle part of the season when they were all healthy, the OL actually played pretty well. Funny how a QB capable of reading a defense and making quick decisions can make an OL look so much better!

I will say, however, that the rash of injuries late in the year did reveal a pronounced lack of depth. I believe that the coaches like Bell and believe that he will be even better with a full off-season to get healthy. They look to be in good shape with Levitre, Wood and some combination of Hangartner/Urbick inside. From what I have heard, they really seem to like Pears at RT and believe that he was a nice, low profile pickup. Clearly, they could stand to add some depth -- and certainly an upgrade at either tackle position would be nice. Just do not be overly upset, when the team decides to stick with what they have and add just a few more low profile players for depth.

You are probably right about what they Will do. We will need depth and definition the right side as wood likely goes to center. We have rotational depth when we grab a starting RT in FA. Pears and rhinehart and Hangman and Wrotto. Just put some stong run taclke over ther for a season and leats see how much better our whole offense looks. I think Fitz may have made them look above themselves, but on the other side i think the fellows coming off injuries got a better and quicker path up to speed.

By the way what are we doing with Mr. Wang?

And how'd that Free Agent right tackle work out last year? If you get one, he needs to be top tier, otherwise it’s a waste of time and only delays real progress.

How about replacing Top Tier with "a good football player". I would love to see a good RT in free agency who is better than what we have, and forces the young guys to step up or sit. The problem with Green is that he wasn't a very good football player in 2010. Maybe he never was and he was evaluated badly, maybe he was and had a bad year. But it isn't because he wasn't top tier, but instead because he just stunk it up. I think getting difference makers in the draft and role players in free agency is a good model, and I hope we find a good RT to throw into the mix if one is available.

I think that it did help the bills this past year being able to pick 1st from the waiver wire on some of these guys like Urbick, Rinhaart, and Pears......and I think they like all these guys.

I DONT want to see them take a OT in the 2nd round anymore.....not based off what I saw in these guys at the end of the year. Would rather see them take a flyer on a 2nd defensive player like a DT.

Please bring in a servicable guy good enough to push Pears to backup.....keep Wood at center....start Urbik at RG......and get a decent TE that can both block and take advantage of the underneath stuff.

i think listening to Nix and Galiey you can pencil in reinhart as our new RG they seem to love the guy.

the thing about urbic is why the hell would a team give up on their third round pick before he even finished his first season IMO something is very wrong there.