First Child

the_franchise

I am now a proud parent of my first child. Carson was born 1/11/11. We joked about our son being born on this date a couple months ago and sure enough, he was. He was almost born at 11 am too... Now that would have made it complete but we came up an hour short. Anyways, he's got his Bills pacifier and family from back home has already sent some Bills/Sabres clothing down here to the Carolinas. Carsons combine was pretty impressive too, 8lbs 7oz & 22 inches. He also ran a 4.29 40 and had 32 reps on the bench.

If you guys don't mind, message me your email addresses so I can refer you to the Huggies Enjoy the Ride Rewards thing. Its free and they will only send you one email if you sign up for registration. I get points per reference and then I can use the points to get free stuff for Carson and enter to win free diapers amongst other things. It takes like 30 seconds to do if you choose to. Thanks if you do and if you don't.

Oh yeah, I understand now why people want to tell you about their kids and why people that don't have kids or don't really know you couldn't care less but I figured I'd share. :beer::thumbsup:

I am now a proud parent of my first child. Carson was born 1/11/11. We joked about our son being born on this date a couple months ago and sure enough, he was. He was almost born at 11 am too... Now that would have made it complete but we came up an hour short. Anyways, he's got his Bills pacifier and family from back home has already sent some Bills/Sabres clothing down here to the Carolinas. Carsons combine was pretty impressive too, 8lbs 7oz & 22 inches. He also ran a 4.29 40 and had 32 reps on the bench.

Oh yeah, I understand now why people want to tell you about their kids and why people that don't have kids or don't really know you couldn't care less but I figured I'd share. :beer::thumbsup:

Most outstanding news. Young Carson has all the measurables...now all he needs is good coaching, that's where you and mom come in.

Enjoy him & love him. Congratulations to the 3 of you! :thumbsup:

Most outstanding news. Young Carson has all the measurables...now all he needs is good coaching, that's where you and mom come in.

Enjoy him & love him. Congratulations to the 3 of you! :thumbsup:

Congrats man! Kids are awesome. Have fun, and enjoy them when they are tiny. Before you know it, they're running around the house begging you to "play with me!"

Mom wants him to play soccer and I'm pushing for football or hockey. We both played soccer and I used to play football before hurting my shoulder and grew up playing hockey with my brother. The kid has big hands so he could either play net or qb. I don't know, no pressure at all just happy and healthy is all I really plan on pushing on him.

I don't look forward to him growing up because I know I was a handful...

Good luck and congrats gringo. Enjoy sleeping while you can.

Edited by the_franchise

Can he play RT, or DL?

Congrats, nice to know another Bills fan is in the Carolinas!

Congrats. Mine's a year and a half old. He loves his bills hoodie. Start em young. There's a good sabres game to watch tomorrow night.

One good thing about being in NC is that when I go watch the Sabres play there is always a lets go buffalo chant going to counter whatever hillbilly hockey chant gets started. Yes, they consider the Candycanes hillbilly hockey. Got tickets for the game here in March and hopefully its a W.

His mothers family is mostly Bucs fans and for some reason they seem to think I'm going to allow them to give him their merch to wear. I've already dedicated of the bib they bought him for cleaning spit up. Her best friend is also a Cowboys fan and we have came to an agreement if she ever puts him in anything silver and blue she loses all visitation rights.

Edited by the_franchise

If you guys don't mind, message me your email addresses so I can refer you to the Huggies Enjoy the Ride Rewards thing. Its free and they will only send you one email if you sign up for registration. I get points per reference and then I can use the points to get free stuff for Carson and enter to win free diapers amongst other things. It takes like 30 seconds to do if you choose to. Thanks if you do and if you don't.

Don't take any advice froma bunch of 30-something snotnosed kids with one or two kids. Listen to me. I have 5 between 29 and 20, and none of them are convicted felons yet. All are either college graduates or in the process.

Do NOT start a college fund...Not officially anyway. These tax-free-free-freeze-the-tuition-rates funds will be held against you when they apply for financial aid. Take the CASH and stash it in a safe deposit box. You won't make much interest anyway. A friend of mine started a generous fund for his grandchildren whose parents make less than $30,000 combined. Those kids would get a free poor-boy ride if not for that nice fund he started for them. He should keep the money himself, and then buy their books and himself a better nursing home when the time comes.

Do NOT let your kids play tackle football until middle school, and only then if it is a school team. Little League/Pop Warner football is a joke. The coaches get all of their football "knowledge" from playing madden and watching TV. Very few of them even played in high school. They will teach your kids bad habits, and may even get them crippled from bad technique. In the early years, steer them toward soccer, basketball, martial arts, track, etc. If you have an endomorph who looks like he might be an OL someday, get him into raquetball for his footwork.

Do not PUSH your kids into athletics....PULL them into it...

When it comes to weight training, do not let them use any heavy weights until they sprout hair in their armpits. They could get hurt and they won;t make any gains anyway until the testosterone kicks in. SQUATS are the most important excercise they can do. You don't need to use alot of weight, but they need enough weight and enough reps to make them breathe like a rhino after the set. They need to use proper technique and perform the reps clearly breaking 90 degrees for each rep. If they don't go down far enough or start "backing" the reps- reduce the weight

Do not let them get piercings, tattoos, or wear their hair like Justin Bieber

Don't YOU get piercings, tattoos, or wear their your like Justin Bieber

Edited by Bills99999

Congrats, man!

I'll be curious to hear how these first few months go, as I'm expecting my first in June...a future Buffalo Jill!

I'll be sure to update this thread a handful of times in the first couple of months. If you have any questions about things that people don't tell you about feel free to ask me and don't worry about asking other people because nobody can tell you everything and they don't. We've had so many questions pop up since our son was born that we never heard a thing about from friends or family or hospital/health personnel

Don't take any advice froma bunch of 30-something snotnosed kids with one or two kids. Listen to me. I have 5 between 29 and 20, and none of them are convicted felons yet. All are either college graduates or in the process.

Do NOT start a college fund...Not officially anyway. These tax-free-free-freeze-the-tuition-rates funds will be held against you when they apply for financial aid. Take the CASH and stash it in a safe deposit box. You won't make much interest anyway. A friend of mine started a generous fund for his grandchildren whose parents make less than $30,000 combined. Those kids would get a free poor-boy ride if not for that nice fund he started for them. He should keep the money himself, and then buy their books and himself a better nursing home when the time comes.

Do NOT let your kids play tackle football until middle school, and only then if it is a school team. Little League/Pop Warner football is a joke. The coaches get all of their football "knowledge" from playing madden and watching TV. Very few of them even played in high school. They will teach your kids bad habits, and may even get them crippled from bad technique. In the early years, steer them toward soccer, basketball, martial arts, track, etc. If you have an endomorph who looks like he might be an OL someday, get him into raquetball for his footwork.

Do not PUSH your kids into athletics....PULL them into it...

When it comes to weight training, do not let them use any heavy weights until they sprout hair in their armpits. They could get hurt and they won;t make any gains anyway until the testosterone kicks in. SQUATS are the most important excercise they can do. You don't need to use alot of weight, but they need enough weight and enough reps to make them breathe like a rhino after the set. They need to use proper technique and perform the reps clearly breaking 90 degrees for each rep. If they don't go down far enough or start "backing" the reps- reduce the weight

Do not let them get piercings, tattoos, or wear their hair like Justin Bieber

Don't YOU get piercings, tattoos, or wear their your like Justin Bieber

We've already agreed upon martial arts, soccer, baseball, and basketball. Football will take a little bit more work to get mom to be ok with but I'm sure she'll come around. And I helped coached a little league basketball team down in Florida with a friend of mine and thought it was a lot of fun. I figure if he would rather play football over soccer, baseball or basketball I'd just sign up and try to coach that. I wont let my son have the Bieber. He can have shaggy hair if he wants it as I've had short, medium, andlong hair over years and try not to be a hypocrite. I'm going to try like hell to not have him idolize pop culture more than enjoy it for what its worth, which is a short spurt of entertainment.

Like George Carlin said "Aren't you sick and tucking fired of being who your heros are?"