News Site Recommendation

Virgil

So, I realized that I spend way too much time online reading about irrelevant things. I literally check the web 3-5 times a day and go through about 10 different sites, just to keep up with sports, tv, and technology. Yet, I couldn't tell you anything that's actually going on with the world.

Here is where I need help. I want to find a good site that talks about news in the world, but I don't want the articles written from an opinionated point of view. I keep hearing about how Fox news is apparently really skewed and every site has an agenda. I don't care if the site has parts that talk from an agenda point of view, but I would like for it to be clear that the POV is being written through.

Does this even exist? If not, someone should make a site like that. Like, here is a list of what's going on in the world. Just the facts. And then they have columists who take on the issue from whatever wing they support.

I don't have a faction that I support. I just want to know what's happening and draw my own conclusions.

Ideas?

So, I realized that I spend way too much time online reading about irrelevant things. I literally check the web 3-5 times a day and go through about 10 different sites, just to keep up with sports, tv, and technology. Yet, I couldn't tell you anything that's actually going on with the world.

Here is where I need help. I want to find a good site that talks about news in the world, but I don't want the articles written from an opinionated point of view. I keep hearing about how Fox news is apparently really skewed and every site has an agenda. I don't care if the site has parts that talk from an agenda point of view, but I would like for it to be clear that the POV is being written through.

Does this even exist? If not, someone should make a site like that. Like, here is a list of what's going on in the world. Just the facts. And then they have columists who take on the issue from whatever wing they support.

I don't have a faction that I support. I just want to know what's happening and draw my own conclusions.

Ideas?

I put together my own news feed from the RSS feeds of BBC, MarketWatch.com, NYT, Washington Post, The Guardian, and AP (and TSW) on Google Reader. Still lots of sorting wheat from chaff, but at least it's all in one place.

Ideas?

This is why I still read the physical newspaper every day.......Besides having the local content and people who I know went to college writing, it's like it's telling me what is important from all the junk I read all day online.

To me, it's like a restart button or something.