flozell adams

birdog1960

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jonathan Scott maybe. But there was no point in signing Adams. Yes he wouldve helped. But hes on the downside of his career and merely wouldve been a stop gap (although better than Green). I think any FAs they sign going forward will be younger guys that will be around for a number of years....

Jonathan Scott maybe. But there was no point in signing Adams. Yes he wouldve helped. But hes on the downside of his career and merely wouldve been a stop gap (although better than Green). I think any FAs they sign going forward will be younger guys that will be around for a number of years....

and i would argue that this "build to win in 2-3 years" philosophy is one of the reasons for 11 playoff-less years.

Okay so now Jonathan Scott is a good tackle? I must have missed all the posts praising his play with the Bills. All I remember reading is how he was crap and needed to be replaced. Memories are such fragile things.

PTR

maybe it was the coaching? maybe the incohesiveness of a group? the surrounding cast? i don't know, that's why i'm asking why a team with 2 different starters this year at offensive tackle (including a bills failure) just ran all over the jets in the afc playoff game while the jets whipped the bills line twice this year.

going to the superbowl with the improved steelers line. think he may have helped the bills offensive tackle problems this year? never a whiff from a team with a glaring need...why not?

Cuz he's old that's why. And he wanted a boatload of money. He could help an O line in Pittsburgh that was already pretty good. He would not have been the answer on an O-line that needed the experience that they got this year.

Funny thing how a group of mediocre to poor players gets rolled, but one mediocre/poor player is elevated with a strong supporting cast.

This just in: The Steelers are a good franchise, and the Bills are not.

but that's just defeatist for the sake of it...we had what most here consider 2 good guards to start the season and a servicable center. so the parts were available for a line as good as the steelers. we were given the same parts bin, told to build a car and we ended up with a go cart and they got a bmw. how come?

Edited by birdog1960

Wouldn't exactly call the Steelers line a BMW. And ours was not the problem. We had absolutely no defense. We scored enough points to win and actually should have beat Pittsburgh. The D is the problem. The O-line actually performed pretty well.

Okay so now Jonathan Scott is a good tackle? I must have missed all the posts praising his play with the Bills. All I remember reading is how he was crap and needed to be replaced. Memories are such fragile things.

PTR

+1. People just looking for a reason to B word.

Yeah, this year it wasn't our O-line's fault. Sure, it needs improvement. Our run game needs improvement. Mostly, though, that will come with better Defense, so we don't feel - and it seemed Gailey felt, like QB's do, the pressure to score, even when we weren't down by much - the pressure to outscore everyone so early, and just abandon the run.

But, Roethlisburger's amazing ability to move around and to evade tackles has to be a consideration. If Brady were their QB, he'd of been beaten up. I commented on this yesterday: Both Pittsburgh and Green Bay have Franchise QB's; Yet, they have, it seems, only last year spent a first rounder on trying to protect them. Both those team's lines have been pretty bad over the last few years. Either the Front Office of those teams thought since our QB's are so good, we'll let their talents out match the deficiencies on the line? or, maybe that is why they get so good elsewhere, because they didn't have to focus so much on the line? Whatever the case may be, imagine how good both of those QB's would be - those teams - with stellar offensive lines?

PTR

Dude stinks several really really good pieces on both sides of the ball can cover a couple below average guys

and i would argue that this "build to win in 2-3 years" philosophy is one of the reasons for 11 playoff-less years.

maybe it was the coaching? maybe the incohesiveness of a group? the surrounding cast? i don't know, that's why i'm asking why a team with 2 different starters this year at offensive tackle (including a bills failure) just ran all over the jets in the afc playoff game while the jets whipped the bills line twice this year.

i might be wrong but i do believe that they signed our old o-line coach :wallbash:

i might be wrong but i do believe that they signed our old o-line coach :wallbash:

and again i was seriously asking why things played out so much better for the steelers line than ours..so maybe it's not primarily the coaching. maybe players don't care as much in buffalo and don't put out the effort. i've put forth severaL theories. no one's added anything except to defend a below average o line. but many here now seem so quick to defend an oline that was the constant target of criticism this year. if you're satisfied with garbage, then that's what you deserve. it's certainly what you've been getting. giving cheap, practice squad players and late round draft picks experience has worked out so well after all. sure the defense sucked but does that make the need for a decent oline (which was there for the taking) any less??

and again i was seriously asking why things played out so much better for the steelers line than ours..so maybe it's not primarily the coaching. maybe players don't care as much in buffalo and don't put out the effort. i've put forth severaL theories. no one's added anything except to defend a below average o line. but many here now seem so quick to defend an oline that was the constant target of criticism this year. if you're satisfied with garbage, then that's what you deserve. it's certainly what you've been getting. giving cheap, practice squad players and late round draft picks experience has worked out so well after all. sure the defense sucked but does that make the need for a decent oline (which was there for the taking) any less??

I'll give you a try - you say there wasn't a peep from the Bills organization when he was available, how do you know this? Were you privy to the negotiations? Also he signed with Pittsburgh, do you really think, given the choice, he would have chosen us over Pittsburgh?

I'll give you a try - you say there wasn't a peep from the Bills organization when he was available, how do you know this? Were you privy to the negotiations? Also he signed with Pittsburgh, do you really think, given the choice, he would have chosen us over Pittsburgh?

he wasn't brought in for an interview. he had very few interviews when he first become available. i believe the steelers even waited quite a while to bring him in. and yes, if offered enough, i do think he would have come.

And ours was not the problem. We scored enough points to win ... The O-line actually performed pretty well.

25th in total offense. 29th in scoring. doesn't take much to please some folks i guess.