Monday morning Don Criqui Rant

OnTheRocks

:o

when Losman entered the game....he refers to him as:

JR Losman

then

JT Losman

and then never corrected himself a 3rd time.

I know this is trivial....but...it just makes me nuts.

I guess in Criqui's defense...he was probably on his 6th martini by the time Losman checked into the game.

:o

when Losman entered the game....he refers to him as:

JR Losman

then

JT Losman

and then never corrected himself a 3rd time.

I know this is trivial....but...it just makes me nuts.

I guess in Criqui's defense...he was probably on his 6th martini by the time Losman checked into the game.

158099[/snapback]

The only defense I can give for Don C and Steve T (and any other host) is that they have producers jabbering at them non-stop during the whole game. Plug the Survivor show, go to commercial, go to sideline reporter, tee up the personal video, blah blah blah. If I had that many people yapping at me during a game at my house, I'd last about 2 minutes before I strangled somebody.

I have figured out the problem with Criqui: he's about 5 second too slow.

For instance, the Browns on a 3 and 18 completed a 9 yard pass. 5 second after the pass, Criqui jumps through the roof: "Oh, what a play for a nine-yard completion!!" Then, 5 seconds later, he realizes it's not such a great play because it's fourth down, "Oh, and, uh, that brings up fourth down."

That happened all day. Criqui: "Josh Reed running down the sideline for a 40 yard reverse." About 10 seconds after the play, Criqui: "Reed--what a great run! Oh, uh, I mean Lee Evans. That was Lee Evans?"

But, as bad as Criqui is, he's bad in a good-natured way. Tasker is plain irritating with his Bills-bashing.

Tasker is plain irritating with his Bills-bashing.

158115[/snapback]

i have heard a number of people post this ....and i just don't hear anything annoying from Tasker during the games. I think he is about Avg. Nothing spectacular, but far from horrible.

i have heard a number of people post this ....and i just don't hear anything annoying from Tasker during the games.  I think he is about Avg.  Nothing spectacular, but far from horrible.

158121[/snapback]

I agree. I think people expect him to be a blatant Buffalo homer and whenever he says anything complimentary about the other team or misses an opportunity to say something good about the Bills, people say he's bending over backward to prove he's not a homer. Just like when ESPN's PrimeTime doesn't give us 30 minutes of coverage people get all bent out of shape without realizing that there are 31 other NFL teams for christ's sake.

I wonder how Tasker feels getting assigned to the Bills week in and week out. That can't be good for his credibility as an analyst, so I don't blame him for trying to be balanced.

That said, it's time for Criqui to hang up his microphone. At one point he was a rising star at NBC and, I think, was doing the #1 game of the week with Trumpy. Now that he's been relegated to the back bench like Brent Musburger and so many others, he seems to be mailing in his efforts.

i have heard a number of people post this ....and i just don't hear anything annoying from Tasker during the games.  I think he is about Avg.  Nothing spectacular, but far from horrible.

158121[/snapback]

I think he tries too hard to be even-handed to the point where he is over-critical of the Bills. In terms of his color commentary, I agree, he's not terrible. I would just prefer to see him doing non-Bills games.

At least we got to hear the details of the conversation he had with Robert "Griffin" on Saturday.  I'll give him credit, he actually was calling him Griffith by the 4th quarter.

158108[/snapback]

How bout the Cleveland punt that was" nice directional punt angled at the sidelines", that was fair cought by the Bills between the hash marks? I wasnt there, but gotta figure the wind wasnt that brutal

I have figured out the problem with Criqui: he's about 5 second too slow.

158115[/snapback]

Drew..........I am your father.......

But Criqui did say "I can't see Pittsburgh coming into Buffalo and beating the Bills.  No one has come close to them in a month."

158211[/snapback]

Yup he said it and Tasker was trying to get on him about it but I really think its true. I can see us beating the Steelers even if thye are playing all the starters for the entire game. Just cant give up 3 turnovers to a team like them even if we are at Home!!!

...my hunch is that Enberg and the Dorkster will be doing this Sunday's game in Cinci. 

That will relieve you of the "suffering" you've experienced through three straight weeks of Criqui/Tasker.

158335[/snapback]

On CBS website, Ian Eagle/Soloman Wilcots doing next week, then back to ole Criqui/Tasker for the 49er game. They are so low on the totem pole, Criqui/Tasker have Houston/Chicago this week. So enjoy your one week break for the fellas this week

On CBS website, Ian Eagle/Soloman Wilcots doing next week, then back to ole Criqui/Tasker for the 49er game. They are so low on the totem pole, Criqui/Tasker have Houston/Chicago this week. So enjoy your one week break for the fellas this week

158366[/snapback]

Soloman = the human robot

158366[/snapback]

Iggle/Wilcots not much better imho. Sheesh!

Perhaps if the Bills/Steelers game means something in the closer, you might get Nantz/Simms or Enberg/Dorkster.

But Criqui did say "I can't see Pittsburgh coming into Buffalo and beating the Bills.  No one has come close to them in a month."

158211[/snapback]

That was one of the dumbest conclusions of the afternoon.

At least he did not comment about Terrence McGee replacing "Antonio" Smith in the off season as he has on multiple occasions in the past! :o