Kyle William -- Peter Kings All Pro

Glad to see Kyle get his props. It seems that for once the National media is giving more accolades and praise to a Buffalo Bill then the local media. He may have played on the worst run D, but was consistently making plays.

Peter King named Kyle Williams to his All Pro team as the nose tackle. I'm pleasently surprised.

Peter Kimg

He is so deserving of this.

What's amazing ... the out of town experts and fans all love Kyle Williams as a NT. Here in NJ where I am surrounded by Eagles, Jets, and Giant fans my friends rave about Williams play.

But, here on this board ... it seems there is this bizarre thought that he should play DE and that what he has done could be done better by some other player. Yet, King has him as the best NT in the league bar none. :worthy:

What we need is a stud DE or LB in the draft and Williams will be even more of an asset as our PRO BOWL NT!!

Glad to see Kyle get his props. It seems that for once the National media is giving more accolades and praise to a Buffalo Bill then the local media. He may have played on the worst run D, but was consistently making plays.

:thumbsup::worthy:

But, here on this board ... it seems there is this bizarre thought that he should play DE and that what he has done could be done better by some other player. Yet, King has him as the best NT in the league bar none.

It's just that if he were at DE he would be able to use his full array of skills on each and every play. There are certain responsibilities w/ being the NT in a 3/4...while all DLmen must occupy the OLmen and control the gaps (so the LBs can wreck havoc) the NT is particularly important and can't just being shooting gaps or penetrating like a made man.

Seeing as KW can penetrate and control the line extremely well...he would be free to do either depending on the circumstances of a given play at DE more so than NT....at least that's what I think. Say you get a lesser man but a bigger man who can control the line but not shoot the backfield so much you can put him at NT and KW at DE and we get better...see?

It doesn't matter where he plays or in what system though he's a beast. We simply need more beasts on the DL to help take some of the focus off of him. Dareus at end and KW in the middle means we are one man away (theoretically) from having an all star front...of course we don't have a single LB haha...

Edited by dayman

It's just that if he were at DE he would be able to use his full array of skills on each and every play. There are certain responsibilities w/ being the NT in a 3/4...while all DLmen must occupy the OLmen and control the gaps (so the LBs can wreck havoc) the NT is particularly important and can't just being shooting gaps or penetrating like a made man.

Seeing as KW can penetrate and control the line extremely well...he would be free to do either depending on the circumstances of a given play at DE more so than NT....at least that's what I think. Say you get a lesser man but a bigger man who can control the line but not shoot the backfield so much you can put him at NT and KW at DE and we get better...see?

It doesn't matter where he plays or in what system though he's a beast. We simply need more beasts on the DL to help take some of the focus off of him. Dareus at end and KW in the middle means we are one man away (theoretically) from having an all star front...of course we don't have a single LB haha...

Agreed - in the same piece King mentions that Wilfork plays all the Pats DL positions

He is so deserving of this.

What's amazing ... the out of town experts and fans all love Kyle Williams as a NT. Here in NJ where I am surrounded by Eagles, Jets, and Giant fans my friends rave about Williams play.

But, here on this board ... it seems there is this bizarre thought that he should play DE and that what he has done could be done better by some other player. Yet, King has him as the best NT in the league bar none. :worthy:

What we need is a stud DE or LB in the draft and Williams will be even more of an asset as our PRO BOWL NT!!

:thumbsup::worthy:

Good post. Too many on here are hung on player X needing to be exactly Y size and have exactly Z skills to play a specific position. Thats not true at all. Kyle Williams has the skill to play NT, so let him play NT and get some better talent around him.