Make a call to the Jets?

I dont know the details of Quincy Carter's contract, but is that a viable option? Trade draftpicks for him? Then again, we dont have a #1 next year, so that would probably be tough. I just dont want to get stuck with Kordella. Ill take Flutie or Dilfer over him.

I dont know the details of Quincy Carter's contract, but is that a viable option? Trade draftpicks for him?  Then again, we dont have a #1 next year, so that would probably be tough. I just dont want to get stuck with Kordella. Ill take Flutie or Dilfer over him.

11391[/snapback]

I rather make a trade with KC and get Todd Collins back!

I dont know the details of Quincy Carter's contract, but is that a viable option? Trade draftpicks for him?  Then again, we dont have a #1 next year, so that would probably be tough. I just dont want to get stuck with Kordella. Ill take Flutie or Dilfer over him.

11391[/snapback]

I figured this was a joke until you bumped it...

First off, the Jets need Quincy as much as we would. They didn't have a bunch of injuries, but after losing Vinny they have a bunch of Zolman's behind Chad.

Second, are you actually suggesting that if we had a #1 pick next year we use it for a backup QB? :blink:

Second, are you actually suggesting that if we had a #1 pick next year we use it for a backup QB?  :blink:

11693[/snapback]

First of all let me say that this thread is a trainwreck and I shouldn't even get involved. :P

Second, I think that he was just saying that we are already shorthanded with picks next year so our remaining picks would probably be better spent on actual prospects rather than a backup QB.

Enjoy the mess.

First of all let me say that this thread is a trainwreck and I shouldn't even get involved.  :blink:

Second, I think that he was just saying that we are already shorthanded with picks next year so our remaining picks would probably be better spent on actual prospects rather than a backup QB.

Enjoy the mess.

11699[/snapback]

Actually, that makes a hell of a lot more sense.

Second, are you actually suggesting that if we had a #1 pick next year we use it for a backup QB?   :blink:

11693[/snapback]

No... what i was saying is that since we do not have a #1 pick next year, our #2 becomes our #1. So, we dont have the luxery of trading the #2 pick like would would if we still had a first rounder.

Second of all, I honestly dont understand why everyone thinks looky at Quincy is such an awful idea. If it was logistically probable, I would say he is the best man available.

:blink:  :P

:P

11769[/snapback]

sorry, I'll spell it out a little clearer for you:

We dont have a first round pick.

We DO have a second round pick.

THUS, our 2nd round pick does technically become the first pick for the Buffalo Bills in 2005.

That being said, we can no longer afford to part with it like we would have if we still had the first round pick.

If you want, I'll draw you a picture.

THUS, our 2nd round pick does technically become the first pick for the Buffalo Bills in 2005.

That being said, we can no longer afford to part with it like we would have if we still had the first round pick.

11776[/snapback]

So in other words, if we had a first-round pick, you'd be willing to trade the second-round pick for Quincy Carter - who we could have had off waivers two weeks ago - to play back-up?

Hell, why not just bench Bledsoe so our starter doesn't get hurt, and play Carter instead? Sure, Carter's only the #2 quarterback...but since 2 = 1... :D

I figured this was a joke until you bumped it...

First off, the Jets need Quincy as much as we would.  They didn't have a bunch of injuries, but after losing Vinny they have a bunch of Zolman's behind Chad.

Second, are you actually suggesting that if we had a #1 pick next year we use it for a backup QB?  :D

11693[/snapback]

a first rounder for Carter.... lol ;):lol:

i havent lauphed that hard in a while. :):):)

Hey stevestojan, whatever you are drinking and smoking, STOP. It is some bad stevestojan. This has got to be about the most stupid thing ever stated on this board. Just take your stash, and your koolade you'redrinking, and drop it in the trash bin. You are having a bad high. :D

11776[/snapback]

Well, I'm sure people understand what you are saying, but you really aren't drunk enough to be suggesting that we trade a 2nd round pick for Carter, ar you?

Hey stevestojan, whatever you are drinking and smoking, STOP.  It is some bad stevestojan.  This has got to be about the most stupid thing ever stated on this board.  Just take your stash, and your koolade you'redrinking, and drop it in the trash bin.  You are having a bad high.  :D

11902[/snapback]

VABills, from reading you posts for a while, I realize you are very good at one thing. Instead of giving any of your own opinions as to why something would work, or why it wouldnt, you simply make personal attacks like a jackass. This is the second thread today in which you have added absolutly NOTHING of substance, but instead chose to tear on the poster themselves. Bravo.

Ok, and here's some info:

Quincy Carter '03 season: 292/505 57.8% 3302yards 17TDs 21INTs. Rating: 71.4

Drew Bledsoe '03 season: 274/471 58.2% 2860yards 11TDS 12INTs. Rating:73.0

NO, I am not saying he should replace frigging bledsoe people, so settle down. What i am saying is that all of you who are saying he would be a terrible option are basing that opinion on WHAT? Only one of you so far has said WHY its a bad idea. Others, not surprisingly, just attacked the point.