How to Beat Brady in 3 Steps

The Jets owned the Pats & Brady today. The rookie TEs were taken out of the game. Welker & Branch looked oversized and Woodhead missed his blitz pickups. I am surprised the Pats didn't go more no huddle to wear down the Jets.

The Bills will not be able to compete against the Jets or Pats for 3 to 4 years. The Pats have a lot of young talent and a loaded 2011 draft and the Jets are the power team. We are so far from competing against these teams.

1. pressure. rattle him; sack him a few times; make him hear footsteps

2. coverage. take away his receivers long enough that the footsteps and clock in his head get loud

3. turnovers. take it away and don't give it up

Note that only 1/2 out of 3 involve offense and none require Marvelboy QB (provided the QB we have doesn't throw to the wrong color)

2 1/2 do require significant upgrades on D

The thing isn't that what every team has to do every single week?

I'll probably catch all sorts of crap for this but if Peterson is what they say he is, does he look so bad now?

You know I was thinking the exact same thing. Part of the reason that the Pats won the time-of-possession battle is that on each pass play Brady held onto the ball for like 5-6 seconds and STILL couldn't find open receivers. Of course, it helps that the Jets have such a good front 7 that they can mix-and-match their coverages like that so that even a seasoned pro like Brady starts worrying about the pressure -- even if there isn't any.

actually its only one thing, pressure. Every time a team tries it against him he crumbles. For reasons I cannot fathom 90% of teams dont even try to pressure him.

Thoner, it's not just pressure. The Jets tried to blister his a** with the blitz Week 13 and he put on a 45-3 clinic.

I think the post about taking away the short field (no dump-offs) and COVERAGE is straight on. The Jets line and their DB played out of their minds.

It's the combination of pressure and coverage that did the trick.

Well that and it helped to dirty his drawers a few times early on. Oh, I so enjoyed watching that.

2. coverage. take away his receivers long enough that the footsteps and clock in his head get loud

Note that only 1/2 out of 3 involve offense and none require Marvelboy QB (provided the QB we have doesn't throw to the wrong color)

I've only been watching football for 40 years, but I would say your "formula" would beat any qb.

Brady will be retired before the Bills are able to do any of those.

The Jets took away the middle of the field. This made Brady have to make throws to the outside or downfield and he couldn't do it. This is something the Bills need to model their defense after.

By the way we need to draft defensive players if we want to win. It is always will and always has been that defense wins championships. You have to be able to make the stop when the game is on the line.