Christian Ponder

Already a thread on him, but having watched him every game since he was a sophomore, I think he'll do very well. Very mobile, could get better passing, but has a good arm and good technique. Very smart and a great leader.

Say no to 2nd and 3rd round QB's

Pretty good article on 2nd and 3rd round QB's. Horrible success rate. Only criticism of the article is that they use 18 years worth of data, which conveniently leaves Favre out of the analysis. Still wouldn't change the success rate that much.

My 2 cents is that QB is the most scrutinized and coveted position. So if a college QB grades out, he'll get taken in the 1st round.

I haven't seen enough of him to Ponder the question of him as Bills QB - but, interestingly, Chan Gailey and staff will get a great chance to work with him and evaluate him (and other key prospects) in a real live game situation when they coach him in the January 29th Senior Bowl...

Chan Gailey coaching at Senior Bowl could pay off for Buffalo Bills

I've been reading the threads - Ponder, Newton, Locker, Next great bust/lock - and I'm sure there will never be a guy everyone likes and agrees on. There is always going to be the Ryan Leaf factor, even for a top rated guy like Bradford or Luck. Before we actually see the guy play in the NFL, we just won't know for sure. I guess we have to hope that Buffalo can make the best choice that they can at the time. I would not take any of these guys with the #3 pick, but down in round two or three, sure. It is a little like taking a shot down field a couple times a game. We are just going to have to do it - this year, maybe next year, too. We HAVE to find a quarterback. I like Fitz, and he'll do until we find the guy, but we have to find the guy.