observation on the draft

Just a quick thought on where the Bills pick and the need they have at QB. Without Luck some draftnicks feel that Gabbert is the only top ten QB and the other three are lower first round picks. Lets say the Panthers take Fairly first that would put the Broncos at a power position as teams like Arizona, San Fran, Minnesota, and Washington would want to move in front of the Bills to get Gabbert. That would leave Bowers for the Bills. However if the Broncos want Bowers or the corner from LSU and make the pick the Bills could hold a lot of teams ransom for the pick. Either way it could be a win win for the Bills, the key being if they don't blow the pick. I could realistically see them getting Bowers or a trade down and Clayborne and multiple picks in the second and third, and with the way Washington moves around a trade with them could net us a extra second, third and next years first. Obviously alot could happen and nothing is set in stone like the Bills botching everything and ending up with a reach(Whitner) or complete bust(Maybin). If they do reach it is not a huge deal if the guy becomes a pro-bowler but if he ends up average then it is a waste.

There's no team insane and dumb enough to trade up for Gabbert. He's not worth it. Not even by a long shot.

I wouldn't be so quick to make that assertion. Gabbert's performance at the combine and other post-season workouts could potentially boost his stock immensely. He's a smart, tough quarterback who possesses great arm strength, has proven to be able to make all the thrown in the NFL, and he is quite mobile. Remember, there are potentially 5-6 teams picking in the top 10 that are in desperate need of a Quarterback. If Gabbert really impresses teams before the draft, it is not inconceivable that one of those teams might want to "leap frog" Arizona at the 5 position. Arizona is very likely to take the best available QB on the board at #5. Also, with a new coach in Cleveland, and Colt McCoy as their starter, it is not ridiculous to think that they would consider drafting a QB that they covet at the #4 spot. All of these scenarios make Buffalo's #3 pick very desirable to these other teams.

I think there could be a large-scale QB slide in the first round. However, that might set us up in strong position to trade away #34 once somebody drops out of the first round. Glancing at last year's draft trades, if we're willing to slide 10 picks or so, we could net an extra third round pick there. Arizona (38), Tennessee (39), Washington (41) and Minnesota (43) might be interested in that pick to leap frog one another to go after a slipping Mallet, or Locker, or however it plays out, if they all remained too gunshy to bite in the first round.

I think there could be a large-scale QB slide in the first round. However, that might set us up in strong position to trade away #34 once somebody drops out of the first round. Glancing at last year's draft trades, if we're willing to slide 10 picks or so, we could net an extra third round pick there. Arizona (38), Tennessee (39), Washington (41) and Minnesota (43) might be interested in that pick to leap frog one another to go after a slipping Mallet, or Locker, or however it plays out, if they all remained too gunshy to bite in the first round.

Why is everyone obsessed with amassing 3rd round picks. Look at our 3rd round pick from last year. Awesome. We have a chance at a real honest-to-God blue chipper for once, let's friggin take one!

Why is everyone obsessed with amassing 3rd round picks. Look at our 3rd round pick from last year. Awesome. We have a chance at a real honest-to-God blue chipper for once, let's friggin take one!

I don't see anything wrong so far with last year's 3rd round pick. Carrington got some significant playing time at the end of the year and played reasonably

well. Hopefully, he will improve significantly in his 2nd year (as many players do). I don't think Carrington will ever be a dynamite pass rusher, but he

is strong and tall and could do a good job tying up blockers and making plays against the run.

People need to understand that very few #1 picks turn into Bruce Smith. A good chunk of 1st round picks are mediocre, some are complete busts and some

turn out great. By no means is every top 10 pick a Pro-Bowl player or even a very good starter.