Weekend in Buffalo

muffmonster

I need some local Buffalo knowledge. My Wife and I will be spending the weekend of March 18th in the City and I need some ideas about where to stay and dine. Right now we are going to the Sabres game that Saturday (March 19th) and plan on hitting up either the Anchor bar or Duffs for wings at some point. So ideally I want to be in the location of HSBC Arena, but if there is a better place to be I'm not against having to drive in for the game.

My Wife's birthday is March 18th, my birthday is March 19th, and our one year anniversary is March 20th, so to say the least we have a lot to celebrate.

I need some local Buffalo knowledge. My Wife and I will be spending the weekend of March 18th in the City and I need some ideas about where to stay and dine. Right now we are going to the Sabres game that Saturday (March 19th) and plan on hitting up either the Anchor bar or Duffs for wings at some point. So ideally I want to be in the location of HSBC Arena, but if there is a better place to be I'm not against having to drive in for the game.

My Wife's birthday is March 18th, my birthday is March 19th, and our one year anniversary is March 20th, so to say the least we have a lot to celebrate.

Bring your insulin.

I'd stay outside the city. There's a nice hotel in East Aurora I think.

For food or drink near HSBC try:

http://www.pearlstreetgrill.com/

Only a block or two from the arena. They have great beer and food but if you want to eat dinner there go early because it gets packed for Sabres games. The place is huge though and by mid march you might get lucky with the weather and have it nice enough to use their porch as well.

In any case it is always my favorite place to go before/after a Sabres game.

http://www.salvatoresgrand.com/index.html

Hot tub package for $200 with dinner.

What's your budget?

This is where Faith Hill stays when she's here, and the King of Sweden stayed during the recent hockey tourney...

The Mansion on Delaware Avenue

A couple of my favorite restaurants...

Buffalo Chop House

Rue Franklin

Also, the Hyatt on Main St. (owned by former Buffalo Braves owner Paul Snyder) is short walk (or free metro-rail ride) from HSBC Arena and has a top-rated steakhouse featuring world-famous lounge lizard Jackie Jocko...

Hyatt Buffalo

EB Green's

Jackie Jocko

What's your budget?

This is where Faith Hill stays when she's here, and the King of Sweden stayed during the recent hockey tourney...

The Mansion on Delaware Avenue

A couple of my favorite restaurants...

Buffalo Chop House

Rue Franklin

Also, the Hyatt on Main St. (owned by former Buffalo Braves owner Paul Snyder) is short walk (or free metro-rail ride) from HSBC Arena and has a top-rated steakhouse featuring world-famous lounge lizard Jackie Jocko...

Hyatt Buffalo

EB Green's

Jackie Jocko

Thanks to everyone who replied so far, I am getting some good ideas on a plan so far. I don't want to go much over 500 (2 nights) for lodging and food, but a little flexible.

I like the Salvatore's deal, and going by BuffaloBud's reply there are some nice hangouts in the Williamsville area. Then maybe spend Saturday downtown and stay there after the game. I have heard of the Pearlstreet Grill and that sounds like a nice place to hit up before the game.

Thanks to everyone who replied so far, I am getting some good ideas on a plan so far. I don't want to go much over 500 (2 nights) for lodging and food, but a little flexible.

I like the Salvatore's deal, and going by BuffaloBud's reply there are some nice hangouts in the Williamsville area. Then maybe spend Saturday downtown and stay there after the game. I have heard of the Pearlstreet Grill and that sounds like a nice place to hit up before the game.

Highly recommend the stuffed peppers at the Glen Park.

All kinds of advice here

Wife and I use price line and have stayed at the Hyatt Buffalo for $75 per night. Most times you will get them or Adams Mark. Give you lots of money for dinner.

I talked to some people who stayed at the Adams mark last week. Stay away, the word they used, dump. Badly in need of renovations.

I talked to some people who stayed at the Adams mark last week. Stay away, the word they used, dump. Badly in need of renovations.

Last fall we got the Adams Mark and it is going down hill.

We try for the Mariott on Millersport first.

This is a new place downtown that has had some decent reviews.

http://www.avantbuffalo.com/

You can also walk to most of the restaurants and bars. Highly recommend Seabar resaurant for dinner.

Seabar

There are all kinds of great places for dinner though, depending on your tastes.

If you like Belgian beers, hit the Blue Monk on Elmwood (old Merlins). Food is good too.

Edited by TPS

This is a new place downtown that has had some decent reviews.

http://www.avantbuffalo.com/

You can also walk to most of the restaurants and bars. Highly recommend Seabar resaurant for dinner.

Seabar

There are all kinds of great places for dinner though, depending on your tastes.

If you like Belgian beers, hit the Blue Monk on Elmwood (old Merlins). Food is good too.

Cool thanks for the information. I had sushi for the first time a few months ago and as hard as I tried to keep an open mind, I spent the whole time fighting my gag reflex. The Blue Monk sounds pretty cool though.