The Chickens Come Home to Roost

3rdnlng

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2011-01-10/news/ct-met-inauguration-legis-0111-20110110_1_income-tax-tax-rate-cigarette-tax-hike

A while back I posted a list of Illinois school administrators and their future pensions. The top guy was going to start retirement with a $700,000 annual pension escalating to something like 1.3 million at the estimated time of his death. There were many more starting out at several hundred thousand dollars. Illinois is now raising its state income tax by 66%, its business tax by 46% and more than doubling its cigarette tax. I wonder if there could possibly be any correlation between the tax increases and the outlandish state pensions?

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2011-01-10/news/ct-met-inauguration-legis-0111-20110110_1_income-tax-tax-rate-cigarette-tax-hike

A while back I posted a list of Illinois school administrators and their future pensions. The top guy was going to start retirement with a $700,000 annual pension escalating to something like 1.3 million at the estimated time of his death. There were many more starting out at several hundred thousand dollars. Illinois is now raising its state income tax by 66%, its business tax by 46% and more than doubling its cigarette tax. I wonder if there could possibly be any correlation between the tax increases and the outlandish state pensions?

The pigs have come to wallow, would be more appropriate.

The pigs have come to wallow, would be more appropriate.

The serfs continue to support the royalty.

Holy mixed metaphor, Batman! :lol:

The Chickens Come Home to Roost referred to the tax increase while the piper thingy referred to the pensions.

The serfs continue to support the royalty.

The Chickens Come Home to Roost referred to the tax increase while the piper thingy referred to the pensions.

It's still a mixed metaphor, providing the wonderful image of the Pied Piper leading all the roosting chickens out of Hamelin...

It's still a mixed metaphor, providing the wonderful image of the Pied Piper leading all the roosting chickens out of Hamelin...

Where's he leading them to? Kentucky to meet the colonel?

So, the pied piper should be a hero in Illinois allowing that state to forever tax and spend their way to prosperity? I wonder where he is going to lead them to? They had better make sure to pay him though.

So, the pied piper should be a hero in Illinois allowing that state to forever tax and spend their way to prosperity? I wonder where he is going to lead them to? They had better make sure to pay him though.

If they don't pay him, he'll take their children...presumably to a finacially solvent state.

Next time I have a chance to say "The chickens are coming home to roost", I'm going eschew that idiom in favor of the far more surreal "The dolphins are flying to Arkansas!"

If they don't pay him, he'll take their children...presumably to a finacially solvent state.

Next time I have a chance to say "The chickens are coming home to roost", I'm going eschew that idiom in favor of the far more surreal "The dolphins are flying to Arkansas!"

Does coach Sparano know?