Sam Acho

Been watching some film on OLB/DE and Sam Acho stands out big time and this kid is STOUT against the run and can rush the passer. I can't believe draftek has him 3rd round OLB and 4th round 43 end, no friggin way this guy falls that far. I'd take him in the second no problem (unless they are very very confident they can get him in the third). He would truly fit the multiple front D that we want to employ. The guy can play DT, DE and OLB, can't be believe he only ways 260, he anchors like a 300Lb DT. I was (still am) a big Robert Quinn fan but Acho is the real deal. Take Dareus in the first because he is the best 34 DE out there and is way better than Bowers who is overated and Fairly who will be just a guy in the NFL. Then Take Acho in the second and our draft will get (BE) an A just for them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfKcMbuFycs&feature=related

Sam has gotten a lot of love and honestly Im not too sure why. Im a huge Horns fan and love adding Texas guys but Sam just doesn’t have the athletic ability to play OLB. He is gonna have to keep his hand down because of that. 2nd round? I think he is more of a late 4-7 type guy.

The few games I watched Sam Acho I was impressed,he does seem kinda stiff but I don't know if its a solid no for OLB, but it is a solid no for DT he would need to eat a lot of Brisket to plat DT.

Wayne Daniels is another guy in the same Draft Range that I like too.

Both guys are are team Captains (seems Buddy has a preference for that) and Acho won the "academic Heissman" so he must be pretty smart. Smart, leaders with High motors are what the Bills appear to be targeting.

I'd be happy if one of these two guys or maybe both were on the Bills roster in 2011.

Watching those NEB highlights I'm not too impressed with Acho. Seems like he got swallowed up a lot by bigger lineman. Granted he does have some good plays in there. But we're also trying to get guys who constantly disrupt plays, not guys who are mediocre anchors on the line, we have enough of those with Stroud and Edwards.

Edited by STLBILLS15

I don't know anything about Acho, but I don't know how you can say that about Fairley. I thought he looked quick, powerful and mean. He's the #1 overall pick right now for a reason.

I have watched Fairly four times this year and he does not impress me, I don't care what the experts say I go by what I see on the field and he is not a superstar.

For those who weren't impressed by the Nebraska Film I don't know what you are looking for but you want more than just a pass rusher you need a run stuffer too and he has that in spades. They way he constantly drove guys off the ball was impressive and at 260 is friggin Amazing. He can definitely rush the passer and play OLB so he is what we need.

I have watched Fairly four times this year and he does not impress me, I don't care what the experts say I go by what I see on the field and he is not a superstar.

For those who weren't impressed by the Nebraska Film I don't know what you are looking for but you want more than just a pass rusher you need a run stuffer too and he has that in spades. They way he constantly drove guys off the ball was impressive and at 260 is friggin Amazing. He can definitely rush the passer and play OLB so he is what we need.

So basically, you only want to hear people agree with your opinion.

So basically, you only want to hear people agree with your opinion.

No every one is entitled to their opinion, but I am not just going go with what the talking heads say. I have seen too many guys that were not going to "make it" according to the pros but I knew could play, Like Kyle Williams, Jones- Drew, Kelly Greg, Tebow off the top of my head.

Acho is a beast, and i've been following him for a while now, and the reason why he won't come out before the 3rd round is b/c he's such a raw product. Depending on his combine, he'll probably go in the high to mid 3rd round.

Thank you, If he is there in the third we are stupid not to take him.

Been watching some film on OLB/DE and Sam Acho stands out big time and this kid is STOUT against the run and can rush the passer. I can't believe draftek has him 3rd round OLB and 4th round 43 end, no friggin way this guy falls that far. I'd take him in the second no problem (unless they are very very confident they can get him in the third). He would truly fit the multiple front D that we want to employ. The guy can play DT, DE and OLB, can't be believe he only ways 260, he anchors like a 300Lb DT. I was (still am) a big Robert Quinn fan but Acho is the real deal. Take Dareus in the first because he is the best 34 DE out there and is way better than Bowers who is overated and Fairly who will be just a guy in the NFL. Then Take Acho in the second and our draft will get (BE) an A just for them.

youtube.com/watch?v=BfKcMbuFycs&feature=related

what makes you think he will be just another guy? The guy was the most dominant player, by far, in the biggest game of the year. Was the best defensive player in college footballs best conference. Dudes a beast. I'd take him over Dareus in a heartbeat. Wouldnt even consider taking another DL before him.

what makes you think he will be just another guy? The guy was the most dominant player, by far, in the biggest game of the year. Was the best defensive player in college footballs best conference. Dudes a beast. I'd take him over Dareus in a heartbeat. Wouldnt even consider taking another DL before him.

How many times to I have to say he DOESN'T STAND OUT. I am not saying he is a bum but he is not the best DT/DE out there. When I have watched him was neutralized by one guy for the most part and when he made plays the offense messed up and left him totally unblocked. If we get him I will be disappointed but will hope he dominates for us but I just don't see it, kinda like Stroud since he has been with us.

I hear you. But I've seen Fairley as well and he seemed to be in control at all times. After watching Stroud on rollerskates all year, the idea of a stout guy with quickness appeals to me. Acho looks like a solid football player. Dunno if he's strong enough at this point. But the Bills could use Fairley, Acho, Matthews, Miller, Bowers AND Peterson before Belichick will take them seriously.

I'd like to see a DC who does as much with his "talent" as Chan did with the offense.

How many times to I have to say he DOESN'T STAND OUT. I am not saying he is a bum but he is not the best DT/DE out there. When I have watched him was neutralized by one guy for the most part and when he made plays the offense messed up and left him totally unblocked. If we get him I will be disappointed but will hope he dominates for us but I just don't see it, kinda like Stroud since he has been with us.

you should get glasses or get a bigger tv then. He doesn't stand out....LOL. Whatever you say. You have the right to your opinion, as do I. You're talent evaluation skills need some improvement.

I like Sam Acho, mainly as a stand-up 3-4 linebacker, not as a 4-3 DE, or as a DT (LOL).

He's currently listed as the #34 player on our Big Board. We draft #42 in RD2.

Dude is smart. He won the Campbell trophy, the scholar-athlete of the year. (by the way, Greg McElroy was a finalist).

Gailey and Nix like smart players, and both could end up in Bills Blue.

I watched Fairley about 5-6 times this year and all he did was stand out. Yeah he plays a little stupid some times and gets flagged a lot for personal fouls but there is not another DT/DE even in his league that I see. How the hell do you not stand out when you get 12 sacks and 25 TFL as DT in the SEC? :rolleyes: Oh and I like Acho a lot too but a lot of mocks I've seen have him going in the top half of the second round, which is where I believe he'll go.

I like Sam Acho, mainly as a stand-up 3-4 linebacker, not as a 4-3 DE, or as a DT (LOL).

Dude is smart. He won the Campbell trophy, the scholar-athlete of the year. (by the way, Greg McElroy was a finalist).

Hey Astro, just checked the big board and he wasn't in the top 50 and the 51 thru 150 has't been available in days, need to get that fixed. Martez Wison is 34 and don't we pick 34 rnd 2?

Andrew Luck at 12? :huh: