The Bills are on the right track

1billsfan

QB - We finally have our franchise QB in Fitzpatrick. In a couple of years this team will be poised to win a Superbowl with this guy leading the way. I truly believe that. He's Buffalo's version of Drew Brees. Though he's not quite as accurate as Brees, he still averaged almost two TDs a game with virtually no substantial running game to speak of, and no TE. Tough, smart, throws TD passes through small windows…what's not to like? Enough with the insane talk of Cam Newton.

Receivers - We have receivers coming out of our yin yang. Johnson, Evans, Parrish, Nelson, Roosevelt

RBs - We have two really good backs that are the perfect complimentary combination of power and finesse.

TEs - This is something we need to become a real powerhouse team.

O Line - Solid group that needs one or two more behemoths away from a dominating group.

D Line - We still need two solid players here to become dominating. This is where the 1st pick in the draft can fill one of those holes.

LBs - We need two solid players here also to have a solid group.

DBs - We are set here. Once we can get a few playmakers up front, these guys can start getting some easy interceptions.

That's about seven players away, seems like it's doable that we can find 4 of them this offseason.

Special Teams - This was a major disappointment, but this shouldn't be all that hard to become a positive force with all of the skilled return players that we have.

Coaching - Chan Gailey has done a great job this season. Even though the record didn't show it, I see a team that's poised to take the next step. Players know their rolls, the locker room is gelling, you can see a team with a foundation to make a big rebound in 2011. The DC position could use a substantial upgrade. I just don't think Edwards can pull the same weight on defense that Gailey does with the offense.

Final Note - This team needs to concentrate on getting a few playmakers on defense, a couple of behemoths for the O line to get the running game going, teach the skill guys to stop fighting for extra yards and hold onto the ball instead of getting it stripped from them, and to rip the ball from the opposing players. Stripping players of the ball is a league wide practice that will only continue to grow in popularity and the Bills need to start teaching their players to get down on the ground when they are surrounded. Getting two extra yards is not worth it fellas.

I feel like we finally have a foundation of players. I feel like it's the mid-eighties again! Here's hoping that breakout "we have something serious brewing again" year comes in 2011!

Edited by 1billsfan

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You have seen our drafting history the past 10 years havent you?

Seeing as how he is Bills Fan #1, and you are Bills Fan #714.. I'm gonna guess he has. :nana:

BTW, I agree with you 1BF.

Edited by Quester74

We were always drafting out of the elite group spots between the 1st and 6th picks. That's the BIG difference this year. The Bills were left with taking Spiller or Bulaga and I'd still bet that Spiller will become a much better player. That pick will prove his worth in 2011.

Edited by 1billsfan

God bless you kool-aid drinkers.

Oh, I don't neccesarily believe Fitz will lead us to the promise land.. I would just prefer to fix the rest of the team first. Behind this line, and college QB is gonna struggle and TBD will be calling for his head in 2 years. I like Fitz well enough to hand him the reins for a couple more seasons, while the rest of this team is groomed into a competant team.

Edited by Quester74

Oh, I don't neccesarily believe Fitz will lead us to the promise land.. I would just prefer to fix the rest of the team first. Behind this line, and college QB is gonna struggle and TBD will be calling for his head in 2 years. I like Fitz well enough to hand him the reins for a couple more seasons, while the rest of this team is groomed into a competant team.

This team will succeed with Fitz only if we fix the defense. Fitz cannot carry this team on his shoulders and makes turnovers at crucial times in games. The Bills need to fix the defense to stop the run and play a more competitive football game.

Si, senor.

And Tom Modrak is still employed is his defender's position of Director of Scouting- but he's not responsible for any of the players we actually select...he just compiles scouting reports on all of college football.

Modrak has NOTHING to do with selecting our players of the last 10 seasons....

uh-huh....

Edited by Red

Free agents, Lamarr Woodley OLB, Paul Soliai NT, Jeremy Trueblood ROT

Draft per Draft Tek

1. Fairley 3-4 DE

2. Courtney Upshaw ILB

3. Mike Pouncey OG

4. Aaron Williams CB

4. Kendrick Ellis NT

5. Phil Taylor NT

6. Jabaal Sheard OLB

7. BPA

Trade Kyle Williams to Chicago for Greg Olsen TE

Front 7 Carrington DE, Soliai NT, Fairley DE

Woodley LOLB, Upshaw ILB, Moats ILB, Merriman ROLB

Starting Oline Bell LT, Levitre LG, Wood C, Pouncey RG, Trueblood RT

Draft per Draft Tek

1. Fairley 3-4 DE

2. Courtney Upshaw ILB

3. Mike Pouncey OG

4. Aaron Williams CB

4. Kendrick Ellis NT

5. Phil Taylor NT

6. Jabaal Sheard OLB

7. BPA

Ah, this just in....

...Tom Modrak is STILL Director of Scouting for the Buffalo Bills....

Edited by Red

This team will succeed with Fitz only if we fix the defense. Fitz cannot carry this team on his shoulders and makes turnovers at crucial times in games. The Bills need to fix the defense to stop the run and play a more competitive football game.

:thumbsup:

QB - We finally have our franchise QB in Fitzpatrick. In a couple of years this team will be poised to win a Superbowl with this guy leading the way. I truly believe that. He's Buffalo's version of Drew Brees. Though he's not quite as accurate as Brees, he still averaged almost two TDs a game with virtually no substantial running game to speak of, and no TE. Tough, smart, throws TD passes through small windows…what's not to like? Enough with the insane talk of Cam Newton.

Receivers - We have receivers coming out of our yin yang. Johnson, Evans, Parrish, Nelson, Roosevelt

RBs - We have two really good backs that are the perfect complimentary combination of power and finesse.

O Line - Solid group that needs one or two more behemoths away from a dominating group.

D Line - We still need two solid players here to become dominating. This is where the 1st pick in the draft can fill one of those holes.

DBs - We are set here. Once we can get a few playmakers up front, these guys can start getting some easy interceptions.

That's about seven players away, seems like it's doable that we can find 4 of them this offseason.

Special Teams - This was a major disappointment, but this shouldn't be all that hard to become a positive force with all of the skilled return players that we have.

Coaching - Chan Gailey has done a great job this season. Even though the record didn't show it, I see a team that's poised to take the next step. Players know their rolls, the locker room is gelling, you can see a team with a foundation to make a big rebound in 2011. The DC position could use a substantial upgrade. I just don't think Edwards can pull the same weight on defense that Gailey does with the offense.

Final Note - This team needs to concentrate on getting a few playmakers on defense, a couple of behemoths for the O line to get the running game going, teach the skill guys to stop fighting for extra yards and hold onto the ball instead of getting it stripped from them, and to rip the ball from the opposing players. Stripping players of the ball is a league wide practice that will only continue to grow in popularity and the Bills need to start teaching their players to get down on the ground when they are surrounded. Getting two extra yards is not worth it fellas.

I feel like we finally have a foundation of players. I feel like it's the mid-eighties again! Here's hoping that breakout "we have something serious brewing again" year comes in 2011!

OMG LOL you're doing alot of drugs buddy!!!!!

I don't know... I saw the press conference with Gailey and I didn't interpret what he said about the defense as meaning that we'd not see any changes. He said he and Nix would evaluate and go from there - that he likes the staff in place - but, (I hope) that doesn't mean someone else couldn't step in and help make the necessary changes - someone with experience and success.

Draft per Draft Tek

1. Fairley 3-4 DE

2. Courtney Upshaw ILB

3. Mike Pouncey OG

4. Aaron Williams CB

4. Kendrick Ellis NT

5. Phil Taylor NT

6. Jabaal Sheard OLB

7. BPA

I like it, but what's your backup plan if Merriman doesn't recover?

+1

First rule of Modrak Club: it's never Modraks fault.

The thing that kills me, is that he is untouchable.

I've written to reporters who defend him, claiming that Overdorf and Littman have more to do with the Bills than Modrak.

Both Overdorf and Littman suck. But Modrak has proven nothing but his terrible scouting on our draft picks for the past 10 years.

I don't remember Philly being a "powerhouse" his defenders like to claim (even the Reggie White Eagles never played in the Super Bowl, and how often did they make the playoffs?).

Why is Modrak untouchable?

With all due respect, I believe you are a touch optimistic. We won't go anywhere until we can beat the Jets backups.