Two Options For This Team To Go

After the last two weeks, it is clear that these idiots are MILES away from the Jets and Patriots who just so happen to be in OUR division. Personally, I hope that Chan Gailey is in love with Cam Newton (even though I am not) and picks him as he thinks he is a game changer. On the other hand, if he is not in love with any of these QBs, I think we are looking at 2-3 years without playoffs. This defense is so pathetic that I think two more successful drafts is the best Buffalo can hope to accomplish their goal.

So, if they still take a QB in the first, I realize that he probably won't start for another year but it will at least give me a sense of some distant light at the end of the tunnel. I think the oline will be fine when healthy and the receivers look pretty solid. Defense and more defense in free agency and draft.

Our starting QB just passed for 3000 yards with

- a makeshift offensive line

- Inexperienced WR's

- NO TE

- A defense that couldn't get off the field, stop the run, or create turnovers

Its an easy choice to me

Too easy! Fitz needs a running game too. Our o-line flat s***s!

why would you want Cam Newton that guy is the next J. Russell if you ask me.

I'll preface my comment by saying I'm not a huge Cam Newton fan. But I've watched enough of him this year to realize he is no Jamarcus Russell. They guy wins games whether it's with his arm or feet. Straight baller. Can he run a NFL offense, I wouldn't bet on it. But he's a gamer.

On the other hand, if he is not in love with any of these QBs, I think we are looking at 2-3 years without playoffs.

We are at least 2-3 years away from the playoffs no matter what. A rookie QB is not going to change that,

This team is nearly devoid of talent at every position.

The good news is no matter who they pick first it will go towards a position of need (even running back now).

why would you want Cam Newton that guy is the next J. Russell if you ask me.

+2398743298749283741987043710398470987290875092740958274098572435

This team just gave up 72 points to NE and NY. They need to draft for defense, period.

We are at least 2-3 years away from the playoffs no matter what. A rookie QB is not going to change that,

This team is nearly devoid of talent at every position.

The good news is no matter who they pick first it will go towards a position of need (even running back now).

If it's unanimous that our o-line is horrible, why get another RB. With our talent at RB I would think that it is obvious we can't block anybody.

If it's unanimous that our o-line is horrible, why get another RB. With our talent at RB I would think that it is obvious we can't block anybody.

I wasn't suggesting we should draft a RB. In my opinion both lines is where we should spend a great many of our picks this time.

But last year they drafted a RB when we didn't need one. With Lynch gone, Freddy a year older, and Spiller looking to be a situational player at best, RB will be a position of need before you know it.

Edited by CodeMonkey

I wasn't suggesting we should draft a RB. In my opinion both lines is where we should spend a great many of our picks this time.

But last year they drafted a RB when we didn't need one. With Lynch gone, Freddy a year older, and Spiller looking to be a situational player at best, RB will be a position of need before you know it.

Spiller is a situational player right now in large part to poor blocking. I have no doubt that if Spiller was on the Jets squad he would have had 400 yards on the ground. A playoff calibre o-line would turn him into a monster.

Only 3 points on offense.

This team needs everything.

all the more reason. our offense is not that much better than the D. I think the revelations of SJ and RP are blinding people a little to that fact.

Fitz's number arent great by any means, and he has just as much time to throw as other QBs.

While I agree that the Bills should take a top QB if one is available, I don't think that they

have the margin of error to take Cam Newton in round 1. Yes, he is a tremendous athlete. No,

I am not terribly worried about the fact that he or his father tried to make financial gains

during his recruitment.

What has me concerned with Newton is the following:

1. He has only played 1 year of Division 1 football. Is he a one-year wonder who would not

have played as well next year when NCAA defenses devise better ways to handle him? With

the one-year wonder bust of Aaron Maybin fresh in our minds, I'd just as soon stay clear

of Newton in round 1.

2. He plays in a non-traditional spread offense and rarely took a snap under center. Does

he have the foot-work and ability to read NFL defenses that will be needed to excell? I

know that he does not have that today, and I am not sure that he can develop it. Too much

of a gamble (IMHO) in round 1 for this team.

3. NCAA QBs who make their living primarily as runners don't often pan out in the NFL. I

look at Newton and see Vince Young, if the team that drafts Newton is lucky. How much of

a running threat is Young in the NFL? Not much of one. Teams take away his running ability

through scheme and dare him to beat them passing which he hasn't yet shown he can do. (And

Young has a GREAT RB playing with him).

I'd much rather see them take someone who has produced for several seasons at a high level

in college. I also would LOVE to see defensive help first. I can take watching a bad

offense much more easily than I can watch a defense that can't stop the run at all. This

defense is world-class bad and is painful to watch.

After the last two weeks, it is clear that these idiots are MILES away from the Jets and Patriots who just so happen to be in OUR division. Personally, I hope that Chan Gailey is in love with Cam Newton (even though I am not) and picks him as he thinks he is a game changer. On the other hand, if he is not in love with any of these QBs, I think we are looking at 2-3 years without playoffs. This defense is so pathetic that I think two more successful drafts is the best Buffalo can hope to accomplish their goal.

So, if they still take a QB in the first, I realize that he probably won't start for another year but it will at least give me a sense of some distant light at the end of the tunnel. I think the oline will be fine when healthy and the receivers look pretty solid. Defense and more defense in free agency and draft.

Thank you for posting this!!! God please let us draft Cam please!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't stand the Fitz's the Trent's the "OMG" Brohm's no more!!!