Draft Status

Where are we at 4:00 with the draft status? What do we need to happen??

I believe we need Denver to win, What else???

If Denver wins we pick 2 or 3 based on tie breakers with Cinci. If Denver loses we pick 3 or 4 based on tie breakers with Cinci.

Tie Breaker with Cinci is based on the following:

1) SOS.

2) Conference record (We will end up tied here as well)

3) Coin toss

Our opponents currently have one more win than Cinci's opponents, so we need to gain at least one more loss based on the following.

We need Jax to lose. Our man Trent may actually help us here!

Colts to Win

If Denver losses with the above we pick 3.

If Denver wins with the above we are in a coin toss with Cinci for #2.

There are some other scenarios if Jax wins where we can move up to 3, but the big ones are Jax loss and Colts win.

Edited by bmacdona

If Denver wins we pick 2 or 3 based on tie breakers with Cinci. If Denver loses we pick 3 or 4 based on tie breakers with Cinci.

Tie Breaker with Cinci is based on the following:

1) SOS.

2) Conference record (We will end up tied here as well)

3) Coin toss

Our opponents currently have one more win than Cinci's opponents, so we need to gain at least one more loss based on the following.

We need Jax to lose. Our man Trent may actually help us here!

Colts to Win

If Denver losses with the above we pick 3.

If Denver wins with the above we are in a coin toss with Cinci for #2.

There are some other scenarios if Jax wins where we can move up to 3, but the big ones are Jax loss and Colts win.

wow, i hoe you are right. Jax losing and Indy winning are very likely and I think Denver is going to win too. Too bad we would lose the coin toss. One would also think that head to head would come into play before a coin toss would. O the NFL

right now the Bills will pick no worse than three cuz Cincy had a slightly tougher schedule, thus they select after buffalo. If Denver wins, Bills select #2. If Denver loses Bills select 3rd.

I'm hoping for the #2 pick so that Ralph has to give up a $50m in guaranteed money. Well, if he wants to make payroll he's gonna need to fill the seats. And if he's gonna need to fill the seats, he's gonna have to give fans a reason to be there.... field a good team ralph.

The second, third, fourth pick, or first for that matter, what't the difference....they should still be able to grab the top rated DB, running back, or tweener DE/LB that was "their pick all along". I'd include a smiley face in the post if I were kidding.

For What It's Worth dept.....watching Broncos/Chargers. They displayed a graphic showing top defensive prospects for the upcoming draft. The broadcast crew singled out The Bills as "being high on Nebraska's Prince Amukamara" - a cornerback.

They could have easily stopped after describing the Bills as "being high"

God help us.

I think 3 is high for a CB, but it is usually high for a DT and I wouldn't have minded Suh. But a CB for us would have to be a game changing superstar. If we think Prince is that, I don't have any issues based on Jauron drafts or our current roster. But I expect we will go in another direction. I just hope we get a great football player, and I like our chances with Buddy and Chan.