What Will Maybin Do After Football

Bills99999

For all intensive purposes, he should retire.

I am not usually the grammer police, but shouldn't that be "intence and purposes"?

I could care less what he does after football. Irregardless of where he was drafted, he sucks anyways. He's to lite to play DE and to tall for OLB. Not for nothin, but we shouldn't resign him when his contact is up. Your nuts if you think we should. Let him go on dancing with the stars with his quick first step!

I know you might not be worried about whom is going to play his position, because he really doesnt have one, but he is still a human being and we hope he finds meaningful employment outside of football

ahhh "Irregardless" that has always been one of my favorites... Nice!

Mine too :devil:

Edited by Bills99999

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting comparison - I don't know his lifestyle but I'm guessing that getting a more-or-less ' average ' rookie contract and living in Buffalo (as opposed to getting a record-breaking deal in Toronto, then moving on to LA) tempers Maybin's spending habits compared to a showboat like like Ismail.

So, you think Maybin, Mensa member that he is, was prognosticating all along for a very short direct descent nosedive sort of NFL career and invested the bulk of his "earnings" shrewdly, eh? Based on ... what? ... his choice of haircut?

For his sake Senator, I hope your guess has some tendrils in reality; but, as Tusser wrote, "A fool and his money are soon parted."

Frankly, Maybin has had all of this year to try to become someone other than a lazy publicity seeking failure.

If he doesn't have the motivation to use his God-given talents for special teams' work then there is a real problem underneath it all. His assets would appear well suited for special teams especially the kick-off squad but he couldn't even make it there under either April or DeHaven.

It is my hope that his money was smartly invested for him so that he can live off this windfall forever.

But, keeping a worthless player on the squad does nothing to motivate other players who give it all like Moats to work harder.

When players don't try ... cut them!

He is not lazy, he is just thin, dainty and has no football instincts

LLet's think outside the box and at the end of the day we will know we need a paradime shift and a culture change for the teams business model

Let's start with a blank sheet of paper and do some blue sky thinking.Let's visualise the process end-to-end. I think it's important that, going forward, you continue to manage the project pro-actively.

From now on this team will only engage in joined up thinking.

We must start off by removing the low hanging fruit, before looking at the tougher problems

I mean, it is mission critical!

Edited by Bills99999

While I understand the bashing of Maybin as a player, I don't get the attacks on him as a person. What has he done, off the field, to warrant these attacks?

From most everything I have read about Maybin, he was a good student and a fine young man. He is also very well spoken, based on the little I have heard of him speaking. He can probably get his Communications degree in short order and go to work at one of any number of media jobs. He probably isn't going to be working at a car wash, or McDonald's. I wouldn't be surprised if there is a job somewhere at Penn State for Aaron, if and when he needs it.

Interesting comparison - I don't know his lifestyle but I'm guessing that getting a more-or-less ' average ' rookie contract and living in Buffalo (as opposed to getting a record-breaking deal in Toronto, then moving on to LA) tempers Maybin's spending habits compared to a showboat like like Ismail.

Maybin does seem a little straight laced.

He wouldn't do something stupid like take a vacation to Peurto Rico and spend money on strippers.

Or produce his own rap song.

Nah. His money is tied up in sound investments. Possibly has a fund set up so he can go back and finish his degree.

He wouldn't do something stupid like take a vacation to Peurto Rico and spend money on strippers.

Nah. His money is tied up in sound investments. Possibly has a fund set up so he can go back and finish his degree.

He should thank the NFLPA . Make donations to old broken down players who get very little.

LLet's think outside the box and at the end of the day we will know we need a paradime shift and a culture change for the teams business model

Let's start with a blank sheet of paper and do some blue sky thinking.Let's visualise the process end-to-end. I think it's important that, going forward, you continue to manage the project pro-actively.

We must start off by removing the low hanging fruit, before looking at the tougher problems

With all that corporate-speak, you'd think you would have spelled pairadigm correctly. Irregardless, point taken.

While I understand the bashing of Maybin as a player, I don't get the attacks on him as a person. What has he done, off the field, to warrant these attacks?

From most everything I have read about Maybin, he was a good student and a fine young man. He is also very well spoken, based on the little I have heard of him speaking. He can probably get his Communications degree in short order and go to work at one of any number of media jobs. He probably isn't going to be working at a car wash, or McDonald's. I wouldn't be surprised if there is a job somewhere at Penn State for Aaron, if and when he needs it.

So true. He's done nothing. But when someone's one-the-field performance doesn't meet their personal standards, they go after the most minuscule of things to call out and deride. My favorite are the tweets that someone must follow to receive.

The view from 30,000 feet :rolleyes:

I knew you were just British.

You make sound points - certainly no one on this august forum has ever vacationed in the Caribbean, or dropped a wad of bills on Lundy's Lane :rolleyes:

But what really grinds my gears is the rap video - the freakin' nerve of that cocky guy! Just who the f*** does he think he is, this 21-year-old kid from Baltimore, spending a tiny bit of his $17 million fortune indulging a musical whimsy???