"Falling Skies"...New Show from S.Spielberg.

ajzepp

Omg...worst...episode...ever.

I can't believe i wasted an hour of my time watching that. Not a single damn alien the entire hour. If someone could have just said,

they met up with the others in Charleston

, that's all I needed to know. What a completely pointless episode.

So Colonel Sink* is in charge in Charleston? Wonderful. I'm still mad at him for bragging all day on the radio for the raid that killed Private Jackson*. The 2nd Mass. is doomed.

*These are Band of Brothers references.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't see Sunday's yet, though AJ's review has me less excited, but the previous 2 episodes (the final 2 at the hospital) were the best of the series in my opinion. I'm still holding out hope...

Mark Vader and I were just saying the other night how our confidence in the show was renewed these last few weeks...so I was pretty eager to see this week's show. I honestly don't know what they're thinking. It's like they compltely forget they have been invaded by aliens. All this boring dialogue that has absolutely no bearing on the present is just agonizing to sit through. I just don't get it...I love alien/sci-fi stuff. I'll watch Skyline and enjoy the hell out of it while most everyone else is baggin on it. I'll probably love Battleship when I see it. Cloverfield was one of the absolute best HT experiences I've ever had. It's pretty hard to frustrate me when it comes to aliens....but somehow this show finds a way to do it. I really think it tries to be more than it is. I'm sorry, but if I had aliens, robots with lasers, children with glowing spikes shooting out of their spine, and whatever else trying to kill me, I really don't think I'd be all that concerned about whether someone had a drug problem several years ago. Pretty much my entire focus is on the survival of my family, my friends, and myself. They keep losing sight of that, and it's really getting frustrating. It almost feels like they're taking a viewer like me for granted, cause they know I'll keep watching.

So Colonel Sink* is in charge in Charleston? Wonderful. I'm still mad at him for bragging all day on the radio for the raid that killed Private Jackson*. The 2nd Mass. is doomed.

*These are Band of Brothers references.

Loved Band of Brothers. Have you watched The Pacific yet?

I stopped watching after the 3rd episode of season 2. It has it's moments, but they're rare. IMO, just not a very good show. I really hope The Walking Dead comes out swinging.

It's not a good show at all, I agree. It's a show that is very interesting and entertaining at times, but overall just drops the ball. I'm with you on Walking Dead. Can't wait to see where it goes with these new characters being introduced. I still think the show needs more Darabont, but I'm psyched for the upcoming season.

This season has had its ups and downs. Mostly downs, but I'll finish out the season

Same here. I'll keep watching cause the alien scenes are really damn good most of the time. I also love the idea of the skidders being enslaved by the stretchy guys and how they're trying to rebel. Why can't they focus more on THAT??

i love this show. I dont mind the blabbing between characters. What I dont like is how this show, like the walking dead, gives the little kids too much of a role. I hate that little kid. Smallest of the 3.

This last episode was the worse. The girl that got hit by the bus was green and basically a skitter already. And the stupid kid was like, "I wont let you go!."

Loved Band of Brothers. Have you watched The Pacific yet?

Oh yeah. Thought is was great. John Seda portrayed John Basilone so well. Too bad Shane from "The Walking Dead" had to die at Guadalcanal. Then Leckie was so good on "Rubicon" but then Clay Davis from "The Wire" had to off Rita Skeeter.

I watch too much television. :bag:

Oh yeah. Thought is was great. John Seda portrayed John Basilone so well. Too bad Shane from "The Walking Dead" had to die at Guadalcanal. Then Leckie was so good on "Rubicon" but then Clay Davis from "The Wire" had to off Rita Skeeter.

I watch too much television. :bag:

:lol:

Omg...worst...episode...ever.

I can't believe i wasted an hour of my time watching that. Not a single damn alien the entire hour. If someone could have just said,

they met up with the others in Charleston

, that's all I needed to know. What a completely pointless episode.

You have been more critical of this show than I have aj, but I understand your frustration with this particular episode. Having said that, I do think that this has been an overall good season and I enjoy this show very much.

In a way this show reminds me of the ABC reboot of "V". The first season of "V" had it's moments, but I did not think it was a great show. When Season 2 started, I stayed with it to see which direction the show was going and if it would get any better. At first it was pretty much the same stuff, however by the middle of the second season, "V" had one of it's best episodes ever. From that point on the show really took off and became very exciting, all the way to the season 2 finale.

I thought for sure that "V" would be renewed and I could not wait to see what happened. Alas, the show was cancelled, and the potential was killed.

SInce "Falling Skies" is on a cable network and has fewer episodes, and better ratings, I am sure that it will stick around.

I think this season has mostly delivered the goods. The skitter rebellion, more alien interaction, bringing Karen back, and everything involving Ben. I also like how Lourdes, a character that they need to involve more in, has apparently started to lose her faith & hope in everything.

We'll see what happens, but I hope they film more episodes, and have the show come back sooner than Summer.

Edited by Mark Vader

You have been more critical of this show than I have aj, but I understand your frustration with this particular episode. Having said that, I do think that this has been an overall good season and I enjoy this show very much.

In a way this show reminds me of the ABC reboot of "V". The first season of "V" had it's moments, but I did not think it was a great show. When Season 2 started, I stayed with it to see which direction the show was going and if it would get any better. At first it was pretty much the same stuff, however by the middle of the second season, "V" had one of it's best episodes ever. From that point on the show really took off and became very exciting, all the way to the season 2 finale.

I thought for sure that "V" would be renewed and I could not wait to see what happened. Alas, the show was cancelled, and the potential was killed.

SInce "Falling Skies" is on a cable network and has fewer episodes, and better ratings, I am sure that it will stick around.

I think this season has mostly delivered the goods. The skitter rebellion, more alien interaction, bringing Karen back, and everything involving Ben. I also like how Lourdes, a character that they need to involve more in, has apparently started to lose her faith & hope in everything.

We'll see what happens, but I hope they film more episodes, and have the show come back sooner than Summer.

I could really see myself being less critical if they would just be more consistent. Those last few shows prior to this one really entertained me. I felt like the show was turning a corner and ready to just really captivate us. But this week completely let me down. I definitely want the show to stick around, I just want more meat and less gristle. I'm glad you're enjoying it, though...I'm hopeful that I'll get to where you are at some point, I'm just not quite there yet.

I could really see myself being less critical if they would just be more consistent. Those last few shows prior to this one really entertained me. I felt like the show was turning a corner and ready to just really captivate us. But this week completely let me down. I definitely want the show to stick around, I just want more meat and less gristle. I'm glad you're enjoying it, though...I'm hopeful that I'll get to where you are at some point, I'm just not quite there yet.

Bennet Ahmed survived the beat-down from Stan and Belco only to get eaten from the inside-out by mini-skitters. Guy can't catch a break.

Ok, I'll stop now.

Bennet Ahmed survived the beat-down from Stan and Belco only to get eaten from the inside-out by mini-skitters. Guy can't catch a break.

Ok, I'll stop now.

Now that was a disappointing show. I watched the entire season and wish I had given up sooner

I'm with you Mark. The show is not that bad. Enjoying it too. Aj where's my kudos??? The preview to the season finale looked "sick" (the good kind)

Like any other show, there will be some dialogue that is weak. Maggie and Hal going back and forth because he was not mad at her for being a bad mom. She wanted more emotions. I can relate to that kind of men/women mumbo jumbo. Really relevant? Not really. But it's part of the show and you move on.

I'm with you Mark. The show is not that bad. Enjoying it too. Aj where's my kudos??? The preview to the season finale looked "sick" (the good kind)

Like any other show, there will be some dialogue that is weak. Maggie and Hal going back and forth because he was not mad at her for being a bad mom. She wanted more emotions. I can relate to that kind of men/women mumbo jumbo. Really relevant? Not really. But it's part of the show and you move on.

so you guys liked this last episode?

I was good with it. It's interesting to see how a large group of folks will reorganize in a dystopian environment. In "The Walking Dead", it's a smaller group so there's a different dynamic at work. But with a much larger group it's fun to play with the possibilities. In this one hour, we had something of a benevolent dictator running things with the idea that it was similar to the American Revolution. Things went sour fast. It sort of reminded me of "The Stand". What would Randall Flagg do?

I really enjoy this series because I know one of the techical advisor's that works on the show.....fun to talk to him side bar about it.

I really like the touch that in order to do what you want (going out to meet with the rebels) you have to choose the lesser of two evils in this new community.

You simply cannot lay low and hope the bad guys will leave you alone......that never works

Yes, although I am tired of the whole Hal-Maggie relationship. I found last season's Hal-Karen relationship much better, with Lourdes making it a love triangle.

Glad to see Terry O'Quinn guest star.

Edited by Mark Vader

Yes, although I am tired of the whole Hal-Maggie relationship. I found last season's Hal-Karen relationship much better, with Lourdes making it a love triangle.

Glad to see Terry O'Quinn guest star.

Okay, I guess it's just me then lol...I"m glad you guys are enjoying it...wish I could, too!