Just watched both coaches press conferences

1billsfan

It's so stupid to even play their starters against the Jets' backups it's not even funny. That wouldn't even be a win in my book. Does anyone here think that win against the Colts last year was a real one? It was basically a forfeit, which is what this weeks win will be. By doing this the Bills will ensure that they drop 4 to 5 draft slots for all seven rounds in the draft. I'm sure that the Jets actually would love the fact that they will lose but essentially win when the Bills will miss out on a guy that would provide havoc against their offense for the next ten years.

The Bills' FO and coaching staff should get with the freaking program that this is NOT a real NFL game being played this weekend and treat it as such when the Jets pull their starters. If their backups win against the Jets backups then so be it, but don't insult the Bills' fans intelligence by trying to win with their starters against a bunch of second and third teamers.

I agree but I also think my point is valid as well. Failure is like mother's milk to some folks here.

PTR

This doesn't make sense. Say you're a LB and you don't want the Bills to draft someone to take your job as you stated, so you play hard so they don't take a LB you would have to determine would be taken at pick 2-4. But then the o line would have to think that hey if we lose they'll draft that LB and I'll keep my job. So the LB would play to win and the O line would play to lose? Which players would play for the win in your theory to not lose their job?

The Bills' scrubs would all try to play hard and try to win the game and keep their spot on the roster for 2011. What is so hard to understand about that?

It's so stupid to even play their starters against the Jets' backups it's not even funny. That wouldn't even be a win in my book. Does anyone here think that win against the Colts last year was a real one? It was basically a forfeit, which is what this weeks win will be. By doing this the Bills will ensure that they drop 4 to 5 draft slots for all seven rounds in the draft. I'm sure that the Jets actually would love the fact that they will lose but essentially win when the Bills will miss out on a guy that would provide havoc against their offense for the next ten years.

The Bills' FO and coaching staff should get with the freaking program that this is NOT a real NFL game being played this weekend and treat it as such when the Jets pull their starters. If their backups win against the Jets backups then so be it, but don't insult the Bills' fans intelligence by trying to win with their starters against a bunch of second and third teamers.

I got an idea, why even play the game. Why not just forfeit? Why risk anyone getting hurt if you want them to throw the game.

The Bills' scrubs would all try to play hard and try to win the game and keep their spot on the roster for 2011. What is so hard to understand about that?

It took Gailey an entire off-season/camp/preseason/2 games to figure out he picked the wrong starting QB. You figure he's going to decide which 2nd or 3rd string D-lineman to keep after 1 game?

What's so hard to understand about that is that someone could have such a ridiculous thought. You actually think "scrubs" as you call them, are going to win the game tomorrow and an even dumber thought, that they are thinking about loosing their job to draft picks.

What's so hard to understand about that is that someone could have such a ridiculous thought. You actually think "scrubs" as you call them, are going to win the game tomorrow and an even dumber thought, that they are thinking about loosing their job to draft picks.

It all boils down to this. There is a,"smart team" and there is a,"really dumb team", guess which team is playoff bound?

Hint: The,"smart team", coach has a wife with pretty feet.

Remember with injuries we are playing with half of the o-line out of position, wide receivers nobody other than Bills fans have heard of, no real TE and our D front seven would likely be second or third string on most teams (outside of K Williams). Let the cards fall where they may. I could really give a flip either way win or lose - this has been a meaningless season number 11 in a row.

Rex Ryan -

This isn't a bye week (wink wink, but it really is)

I could be wrong and often am. I just don't believe the Jets will let this one go.

I think Ryan would like nothing better than to out-Pat the Pats* in butt-whupping the Bills to send a message.

I think he's too canny to go on record towards that end, just in case it doesn't go his way "oh, well, it really was a meaningless game for us".

One way to find out

It all boils down to this. There is a,"smart team" and there is a,"really dumb team", guess which team is playoff bound?

Hint: The,"smart team", coach has a wife with pretty feet.

And guess which team is going to try and give us every opportunity to win the game so it diminishes our draft position? I would too if it was a team in my division.