No way this team gets better anytime soon

HelloNewman

Yes you do build through the draft but at the same time you need to spend money on free agency and land a superstar on offense and a superstar on defense. Nobody on this team knows how to win...even the veterans. Whitner is kidding himself if he wants elite safety money. He is part of the problem and not the solution.

I truly believe Ralph is not willing to spend any money for one star player when you can get 10 mediocre players for the same amount. He is living in the past and still thinks this is 1990 salary-wise. So we are stuck building through the draft and playing things on the cheap.

Yes you do build through the draft but at the same time you need to spend money on free agency and land a superstar on offense and a superstar on defense. Nobody on this team knows how to win...even the veterans. Whitner is kidding himself if he wants elite safety money. He is part of the problem and not the solution.

I truly believe Ralph is not willing to spend any money for one star player when you can get 10 mediocre players for the same amount. He is living in the past and still thinks this is 1990 salary-wise. So we are stuck building through the draft and playing things on the cheap.

It does seem like Groundhog Day on TSW

It does seem like Groundhog Day on TSW

It has been Groundhog Decade as a fan of this team. I'm almost numb to this organization. I also don't share the optimism that many fans seem to have about the current regime's ability to build a contender. We won a few games against poor teams and kept a couple close, but are we really better off than the team that finished 7-9 under interim head coach Perry Fewell? I don't think so.

This roster has more holes than Swiss cheese. Anyone that watches a lot of NFL games must realize that playoff teams have backup players, particularly TE's, WR's, O and D linemen that would be starters for us. We can't even get production out of top 100 picks in the draft and the same people who made these picks are still calling the shots.

- It's just terribly frustrating and I honestly don't see this team climbing out of the basement of the AFCE anytime soon.

- Flame away, I know the "lowered expectations" crowd will.

I guess the same applies to the Jets and the Bears. They'll never be any good either.

PTR

- Obviously twisted logic. The Bears are division champions and the Jets are playoff bound for the second straight season. The fact that they were both thrashed by the Pats has no bearing on the pitiful state of this franchise.

I guess the same applies to the Jets and the Bears. They'll never be any good either.

PTR

Doesn't it ring any bells or cause you to ask, why you have to repeat statements like this every year around this time as a rule now?

It has been Groundhog Decade as a fan of this team. I'm almost numb to this organization. I also don't share the optimism that many fans seem to have about the current regime's ability to build a contender. We won a few games against poor teams and kept a couple close, but are we really better off than the team that finished 7-9 under interim head coach Perry Fewell? I don't think so.

This roster has more holes than Swiss cheese. Anyone that watches a lot of NFL games must realize that playoff teams have backup players, particularly TE's, WR's, O and D linemen that would be starters for us. We can't even get production out of top 100 picks in the draft and the same people who made these picks are still calling the shots.

- It's just terribly frustrating and I honestly don't see this team climbing out of the basement of the AFCE anytime soon.

You're right. Think about all the needs we have. Besides WR on offense there isn't a spot except for maybe Wood at C, that we cannot upgrade in substantially. Spiller sucks leaving only Fred Jackson there and he's heading out of his prime.

On D, might be better to ask where we don't have needs. I mean which spot on D would anyone argue can not use an upgrade?

Unlike you I already am numb to this organization and just waiting for Ralph to kick the bucket to see what happens with it. Not that I wish him any ill will, but this nonsense about keeping this siht in Buffalo "for the fans" is like keeping a load in your underwear while being told that it's so that you can keep your own underwear so that you don't have to have new ones.

This team, without having lost anyone significant, is actually worse off than it was last season. How is that even possible? Our last two top draft picks have been complete busts too. All it tells us is that Gailey too isn't a good coach.

Not as if this is news or anything, but the FO doesn't have a clue what they're doing, and that reflects in the coaching. Wilson's so far out in the weeds that who knows what his mental condition is. I still have no idea, besides longevity, why he ever even made the Hall of Fame. He's never done anything significant.

Wash, Rinse, Repeat...

The only question that I have is do the season ticket holders regret having spent their money on this? If so, then why did they? I wouldn't spend a dime on this. In fact, the only way I'd even go to a game anymore is if I got free tickets, free parking, and free transportion and either the weather was good or I was inside. They always talk about what great fans Buffalo has and how intelligent they are in a football kind of way, well this team is an insult to intelligent Bills fans.

Edited by TaskersGhost

I am so sick of the Ralph won't spend any money argument . A few years ago when Levy took over he dumped about 100 million in one day. What great free agents have left in the last few years. Nate Clements ? nobody would have matched that contract. I would say Greer was the best player to leave but we were pretty deep at the position. If this team ever gets that talent level up then we will see if he is willing to keep players. There is no way to measure the damage Dick Jauron has done to this team. 4 years of draft and aquiring players to fit his outdated defensive system.

Cleary we have a different group in place . For the first time I feel as though the people Buddy/Haley making the decisions will make the right ones most of the time . NOBODY IS PERFECT. Take a look at the some of the PATS drafts . The quaterback and the system cover alot of personal sins.

And you don't think that the play of the team is driving that or something?

The team, not its fans, determine that it's Groundhog Day.

The team has been mediocre to bad for a long time.

What the fans control is the Groundhog Day refrain "we need a superstar on offense, superstar on defense, Ralph is too cheap to pay top money etcetera"

I could be wrong, I honestly don't see the FA thing as either the major problem or the most likely solution. Spending $$$$ all over the place for FA superstars -- worked really well for the Redskins? It seems to me as a strategy for most teams around the league, it has been iffy and has worked best when used sparingly to add a couple key pieces to a quality foundation.

I'm not a Billiever yet in our FO. I don't know how much Ralph is still mixing in or letting the marketing folks mix in, and that's been deadly.

The Spiller pick and naming him the starter at the beginning of the season, when it must have been obvious to the coaches he wasn't ready to help with protection, wrecks of the splashy TO signing the previous year, which I think was marketing hype and/or Ralph.

The Kelsay extension and the Green signing at RT have me scratching my head.

That said, it seems obvious to me that the real problem on the Bills is, and has been, our inability to consistently bring in quality impact players with our first 3 round draft picks and/or to develop the players we do bring in. That's primarily the FO and coaching. I see positive signs of quality coaching that I didn't see last year (WR pointing toes and stretching to come down both feet in bounds, WR defending the errant pass sometimes, improved OL play, fewer penalties). I also see a long way to go (fundamental tackling technique, ball security). Can our current crop of FO and coaches get us there? *uncertain*.

My opinion, we are still a house built on...maybe this year it's pea gravel and not sand, but it sure ain't bedrock.

Draft for the lines and continue to upgrade position coaches and maybe DC.

My $0.02 and worth what you pay for it.

Actually they finished 6-10 last year. The fact is that the QB turned the ball over four times yesterday against a very good team. That is the reason for the result of this game. Fitz has been entertaining to watch this year and he has the ability to put some points on the board, but his penchant for turnovers bit him in the rear end yesterday. You just can't turn the ball over against good teams and expect to win. Period. He is a step up over Trent Edwards, but ultimately not the answer. I do not have "lowered expectations". I fully realize this team has a lot of holes, but I do believe that if they find a decent QB that does not turn the ball over and get get a couple decent defensive players in the draft, then they can contend. Cheers.

I am so sick of the Ralph won't spend any money argument . A few years ago when Levy took over he dumped about 100 million in one day. What great free agents have left in the last few years. Nate Clements ? nobody would have matched that contract. I would say Greer was the best player to leave but we were pretty deep at the position. If this team ever gets that talent level up then we will see if he is willing to keep players. There is no way to measure the damage Dick Jauron has done to this team. 4 years of draft and aquiring players to fit his outdated defensive system.

Cleary we have a different group in place . For the first time I feel as though the people Buddy/Haley making the decisions will make the right ones most of the time . NOBODY IS PERFECT. Take a look at the some of the PATS drafts . The quaterback and the system cover alot of personal sins.

BKC, that's just amazing.

Please explain to me why, in your view, Langston Walker was outright released last offseason. Not why he was demoted, but why he was released. Let's start there.

BKC, that's just amazing.

Please explain to me why, in your view, Langston Walker was outright released last offseason. Not why he was demoted, but why he was released. Let's start there.

Walker had a bad attitude from day one last season. He wanted no part of being the left tackle and made it known. Once they pulled the plug on the move the dumped him. Could he have played a better Right tackle then we saw last year sure, but not much better. He sealed his fate when he became a cancer. If it was about money then you could name some other dead weight that they keep eyar after year. Stroud come to mind.

You guys are funny , the Nfl is not a free agent league. Free agents are nice to add to the puzzle when you have other pieces in place. It is rare that you get a Drew Brees situation. The key is to draft well and then resign your Talent.

Name me the big time free agents the Pats, Colts, Steelers sign.

Walker had a bad attitude from day one last season. He wanted no part of being the left tackle and made it known. Once they pulled the plug on the move the dumped him. Could he have played a better Right tackle then we saw last year sure, but not much better. He sealed his fate when he became a cancer. If it was about money then you could name some other dead weight that they keep eyar after year. Stroud come to mind.

You guys are funny , the Nfl is not a free agent league. Free agents are nice to add to the puzzle when you have other pieces in place. It is rare that you get a Drew Brees situation. The key is to draft well and then resign your Talent.

Name me the big time free agents the Pats, Colts, Steelers sign.

What is your source that Walker was a "cancer," other than some rumblings that he wasn't psyched about being asked to play a position he was physically incapable of playing?

What is your source that Walker was a "cancer," other than some rumblings that he wasn't psyched about being asked to play a position he was physically incapable of playing?

all I have are the Rumblings , that said Lanston Walkers release is what your hanging your hat on.

I would be very interested in how the three dominate teams in the AFC rarley chase free agents and in fact even let high priced veterns leave

all I have are the Rumblings , that said Lanston Walkers release is what your hanging your hat on.

I would be very interested in how the three dominate teams in the AFC rarley chase free agents and in fact even let high priced veterns leave

Ok so you have the Buffalo News' musings that Walker didn't like the switch to LT as evidence that he was a "cancer."

Here is a more reasonable surmise: once he was benched, the OBD bean counters saw to it that he was released. Why? Because a few million dollars looks better in Ralph's pocket than ensuring depth at critical positions.

It's been the same story year after year after year. Yet every time the subject comes up, a few tired folks around here trot out the Walker, Dockery, Tripplett and Owens contracts as "evidence" that Ralphy isn't cheap. Never mind that all of those players were subsequently released with no capable replacements in the fold.

You go ahead and think what you want. Keep buying tickets and merchandise with the confidence that Ralph will spend the money to make this team competitive. At some point, you have to wonder if Bills fans get what they deserve.

Ok so you have the Buffalo News' musings that Walker didn't like the switch to LT as evidence that he was a "cancer."

Here is a more reasonable surmise: once he was benched, the OBD bean counters saw to it that he was released. Why? Because a few million dollars looks better in Ralph's pocket than ensuring depth at critical positions.

It's been the same story year after year after year. Yet every time the subject comes up, a few tired folks around here trot out the Walker, Dockery, Tripplett and Owens contracts as "evidence" that Ralphy isn't cheap. Never mind that all of those players were subsequently released with no capable replacements in the fold.

You go ahead and think what you want. Keep buying tickets and merchandise with the confidence that Ralph will spend the money to make this team competitive. At some point, you have to wonder if Bills fans get what they deserve.

again what free agents do you want to buy, and how does that work for the DEADSKINS. I ask again name we the big buys from the Pats, Colts and Steelers or Chargers for that matter

you build a team thru the draft, you keep the players that excel and move the average players for cheaper replacements. This is how it is done. The team is a mess because Dick Jauron had a misguided belief that you win with small and quick players problem is the league moved away from that 5 years ago

Langston Walker you have to be kidding me

again what free agents do you want to buy, and how does that work for the DEADSKINS. I ask again name we the big buys from the Pats, Colts and Steelers or Chargers for that matter

you build a team thru the draft, you keep the players that excel and move the average players for cheaper replacements. This is how it is done. The team is a mess because Dick Jauron had a misguided belief that you win with small and quick players problem is the league moved away from that 5 years ago

Langston Walker you have to be kidding me

Take a look at what Peppers has done for the Bears. And Dansby has been unstoppable for the Dolphins. Who do I think could make a similar difference for the Bills? David Harris. Will we go after him? Of course not.