1st round QB

bisonbrigade

Yeah, that Sam Bradford guy is sure terrible as a rookie. Matt Ryan and Big Ben were even worse.

i'm feeling better another fan who actually understands football.

no QB no wins,its not rocket science.

look @ NE and Indy w/their injuries this year. if they didnt have great QB's their record would be very close to ours.

great QB carry teams on their shoulders and put their teams in the playoffs every year its a proven fact .

show me one playoff team this year who does not have a great QB,besides the jets who once again like last year backed in with a loss. besides sanchez every playoff team has a great QB.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm feeling better another fan who actually understands football.

no QB no wins,its not rocket science.

look @ NE and Indy w/their injuries this year. if they didnt have great QB's their record would be very close to ours.

great QB carry teams on their shoulders and put their teams in the playoffs every year its a proven fact .

show me one playoff team this year who does not have a great QB,besides the jets who once again like last year backed in with a loss. besides sanchez every playoff team has a great QB.

NFCW QB?

"NEWSFLASH"

There is no Bradford, Ryan, Roethlisberger in this years draft.

The only one of the same caliber is Luck and it looks like he is staying.

So yeah it would take a few years to develop someone.

i think a lot of NFL GM's would disagree with your statement.

this year is a very good year to get a QB with several quality prospects.

hell everyone for the last 2 years was convinced locker was the sure fire #1 pick. he had an off season for a myriad of reasons but his talent is there. dont tell me Mallettt is not a five star pick either obviously you dont watch much collage football by your uninformed comment.

lastly the kid out of auburn also sucks,lol!

"NEWSFLASH"

There is no Bradford, Ryan, Roethlisberger in this years draft.

The only one of the same caliber is Luck and it looks like he is staying.

So yeah it would take a few years to develop someone.

You're making a lot of definitive statements. You must be psychic to know how every player in the draft is going to pan out in December.

NFCW QB?

Bradford... Duh!

PS if Luck come sout he absolutely is the instant great QB.

Locker stinks terribly though. So does Mallet just not as much. Newton is too risky for my blood and I would rather see some definites in this draft.

Sorry guys, but the realists were proved to be correct with Fitzpatrick's abysmal end of season statistical correction.

He is a great guy, I'd love to hang out with him, and I appreciate his drive, demeanor, and desire to win.

I don't appreciate how he consistently goes "on the Fritz" in key moments, and generally displays worst-in-the-league caliber accuracy. Those are not the traits of Super Bowl winning quarterbacks.

The NFL is a quarterback league. The teams that consistently win are the teams that get elite-level play from their quarterbacks.

We will never get elite-level quarterback play with Ryan Fitzpatrick.

We will never consistently compete for championships with Ryan Fitzpatrick.

If you want to try to rebuild back to 7-9, Ryan Fitzpatrick may get you there (he may not either, as this season has shown).

If you want to try to build a championship-caliber team, you simply and undeniably need an elite quarterback.

Does drafting a quarterback with a high first round pick guarantee that you'll get elite-level play from that position for a decade? Absolutely not.

Does drafting a quarterback with a high first round pick give you a better shot than acquiring one through any other means? Absolutely yes.

Does a high first round quarterback have a chance to bust? Absolutely.

Should that scare you from trying to fill the most important position in all sports, no, it shouldn't.

Reject institutional mediocrity. Reject a guy that is just good enough. Reject the notion that we don't deserve the chance at superstar quarterbacks.

Just try. Please, just try.

Actually, Ryan averaged 27 passes a game his rookie year--and had 6 games over 30. So....yes, he was the man right away.

Big Ben had 17 TDs his rookie year and threw 23 times a game.

Flacco has lead his team to the playoffs three years in a row--including his rookie season, where he passes for 3000 yards.

If you want to argue that Fitzy is a solid starter, do so--and stop there. You're argument that rookie QBs can't come in and help out right away isn't holding water.

I never made that argument don't put words in my mouth and argue a point I'm not making.

If you think Matt Ryan and Big Ben haven't improved their game from their rookie year I can't help you.

Ofcourse a rookie can come in and help.

The point is Matty Ice and Big Ben took years to get to where they are now today.

They didn't walk into the League throwing the ball over 33 Times a game and putting the game on their shoulders.

Those teams, especially Flacco relied on the run game and defense.

Edited by Why So Serious?

I never made that argument don't put words in my mouth and argue a point I'm not making.

If you think Matt Ryan and Big Ben haven't improved their game from their rookie year I can't help you.

The point is Matty Ice and Big Ben took years to get to where they are now today.

They didn't walk into the League throwing the ball over 33 Times a game and putting the game on their shoulders.

I am fine with taking a first round QB and not having him contribute for 2-3 years. I will just listen to the impatient fans whine. Then I will mock them, while it takes them 2-3 years to think of a comeback.

Ryan and Flacco have been playing well since they entered the league. There's no convincing argument otherwise. You should stop attempting this.

A first round QB can come in and help the Bills, we agree--your previous statement (Past 1st Round QB picks are used as a comparison to the possibilities they can offer to the Bills") and your comments that followed seemed to suggest otherwise.

Edited by Mr. WEO

Sorry guys, but the realists were proved to be correct with Fitzpatrick's abysmal end of season statistical correction.

He is a great guy, I'd love to hang out with him, and I appreciate his drive, demeanor, and desire to win.

I don't appreciate how he consistently goes "on the Fritz" in key moments, and generally displays worst-in-the-league caliber accuracy. Those are not the traits of Super Bowl winning quarterbacks.

The NFL is a quarterback league. The teams that consistently win are the teams that get elite-level play from their quarterbacks.

If you want to try to rebuild back to 7-9, Ryan Fitzpatrick may get you there (he may not either, as this season has shown).

If you want to try to build a championship-caliber team, you simply and undeniably need an elite quarterback.

Does drafting a quarterback with a high first round pick guarantee that you'll get elite-level play from that position for a decade? Absolutely not.

Does drafting a quarterback with a high first round pick give you a better shot than acquiring one through any other means? Absolutely yes.

Should that scare you from trying to fill the most important position in all sports, no, it shouldn't.

Reject institutional mediocrity. Reject a guy that is just good enough. Reject the notion that we don't deserve the chance at superstar quarterbacks.

The Bills have taken 2 first round picks in the entire Super Bowl era.

The Bills have basically been irrelevant for the entire Super Bowl history era except for the time that 1 of those QBs led them to 4 Straight Super Bowls.

JP Lossman was clearly a mistake.

Ryan and Flacco have been playing well since they entered the league. There's no convincing argument otherwise. You should stop attempting this.

A first round QB can come in and help the Bills, we agree--your previous statement (Past 1st Round QB picks are used as a comparison to the possibilities they can offer to the Bills") and your comments that followed seemed to suggest otherwise.

I never said they won't play well either.

I am trying to figure out why people are shoving Ben R. and Flacco down our throat when they know full well they had very good defenses backing them up.....ESPECIALLY Ben R. who made his share of mistakes in that first year but the defense just kept handing him back the ball.....and yes he has developed into a very good QB but he was up and down in that first year.

If we tried that experiment with the defense we have now? I am pretty sure we end up with the number 1 overall the next year.

Yeah, that Sam Bradford guy is sure terrible as a rookie. Matt Ryan and Big Ben were even worse.

THe three haad decent defenses and lots of big body picks alrready in place. Nice try! :wallbash:

Trent Dilfer and Jeff Hostleter were MVP QB's too. They both where Superbowl Rings. Fitz is just as good if not better than them.

THe three haad decent defenses and lots of big body picks alrready in place. Nice try! :wallbash:

Trent Dilfer and Jeff Hostleter were MVP QB's too. They both where Superbowl Rings. Fitz is just as good if not better than them.

Wow, you're delusional.

Bradford inherited a 1-15 team and has led them to playoff contention in his first year. It helps that they play in the worst division in football, but there is less talent on the Rams than there is on the Bills. By a mile. He's a difference maker.

And Dilfer and Hostleter won almost a decade ago. A DECADE. The game has changed. You cannot win a super bowl without an elite QB.

LOL. Well, we can either wait for a once or twice in a century dominant defense, or maybe do it the way that most teams win with the other 90% of the time.

The Patriots have a WORSE defense than the Bills. Think about that. The Colts perennially compete for championships while having among the worst defense in the league.

What's the difference?

It's ok to want a superstar quarterback. We are worthy. I know you don't think we are, but seriously, one perfect draft choice of an elite quarterback, and people across the country instantly will remember we actually have an NFL team.

I've wanted a QB more than anyone, but I've only wanted Andrew Luck, but we're clearly out of the running, so I wouldn't mind taking a shot at Jake Locker if he falls to the 2nd round. He has all the physical tools that a team can want in a QB. Take him in the 2nd, sit him behind Fitz for 2 years. I think Chan could work wonders for this kid.

LOL. Well, we can either wait for a once or twice in a century dominant defense, or maybe do it the way that most teams win with the other 90% of the time.

The Patriots have a WORSE defense than the Bills. Think about that. The Colts perennially compete for championships while having among the worst defense in the league.

What's the difference?

It's ok to want a superstar quarterback. We are worthy. I know you don't think we are, but seriously, one perfect draft choice of an elite quarterback, and people across the country instantly will remember we actually have an NFL team.

Untrue. The Patriots have a VERY young defense and they've gotten SO much better the last couple weeks. The last 4 games, they;ve held their opponents to an average of 10 points per game and have forced about 17 turnovers in that span. Playing against the Packers, Jets, Bills, and Bears.

They started off horribly, but they're getting A LOT better. This makes me wanna vomit.

Untrue. The Patriots have a VERY young defense and they've gotten SO much better the last couple weeks. The last 4 games, they;ve held their opponents to an average of 10 points per game and have forced about 17 turnovers in that span. Playing against the Packers, Jets, Bills, and Bears.

They started off horribly, but they're getting A LOT better. This makes me wanna vomit.

And this is how they did it:

Year Rnd Pick Pos

2010 2 42 Rob Gronkowski TE

2010 2 53 Jermaine Cunningham LB

2010 2 62 Brandon Spikes LB

2009 2 34 Patrick Chung DB

2009 2 40 Ron Brace DT

2009 2 41 Darius Butler DB

2009 2 58 Sebastian Vollmer T

Trading down and making 7 second round picks the last 2 years.

Wow, you're delusional.

Bradford inherited a 1-15 team and has led them to playoff contention in his first year. It helps that they play in the worst division in football, but there is less talent on the Rams than there is on the Bills. By a mile. He's a difference maker.

And Dilfer and Hostleter won almost a decade ago. A DECADE. The game has changed. You cannot win a super bowl without an elite QB.

Football never changes. Defense wins titles. Ask Dan Marino and Dan Foutts, your ELITE QB's. Would you call Jim McMahon an an elite QB? How about Mark Rypian? It's not Bradford who's leading the Rams to there spectacluar 8-8 season, it's the defense, check the stat's.

Football never changes. Defense wins titles. Ask Dan Marino and Dan Foutts, your ELITE QB's. Would you call Jim McMahon an an elite QB? How about Mark Rypian? It's not Bradford who's leading the Rams to there spectacluar 8-8 season, it's the defense, check the stat's.

Your examples of QBs are from the 70's and 80's prove the point that football has changed. And it did change. You can point a finger directly at 2003's Pats Colts Championship game and subsequent illegal contact on WRs rule change.

Since then? Kurt Warner, Tom Brady, and Matt Hasselbeck are the only QBs to play, win or lose, not drafted in the top 32 picks. Warner and Brady are clear HOFers. The only random to make it to the Super Bowl is Hasselbeck.

If you want to further see proof, just look at this year's playoffs if they started today. EVERY NFC team would be lead by a top 32 pick QB (Rodgers, Vick, Brees, Bradford, Ryan, Cutler) and four of six AFC teams (with HOF Brady and Matt Cassel being the exceptions)

10 of 12 teams. 83%. It's not the NFL of Dan Fouts. Today's NFL needs an elite QB. And those QBs are coming in the first round of the draft.