RIP Steve Landesberg

The Senator

He was awesome on Barney Miller. I wasn't crazy about his standup act, when I saw him in person.

Still he provided me with many laughs over the years as a comic actor.

RIP Dietrich.

A couple of Chritmas' ago, my sister and I did a "Barney Miller" marathon...we both loved the show when were kids...I hadn't seen it in years...fashions were dated, but the show was still incredibly funny...Steve Landesberg was terrific...reminded, on Barney Miller, of way too many people I have worked with over the years. RIP!

Not yet available on Youtube, but walk with me down memory lane:

An alledged time traveller is arrested in Central Park and is in the cage. During the show he convinces Harris to dump his gold investments and move to zinc. (Harris quote: "Oh a couple of tons".)

At the outro, the time traveller finally hears Dietrichs' full name.

TT: "Dietrich? THE Arthur Dietrich?"

AD: "Yes."

TT: "My goodness, sir this is such an honor! I'd never thought that I'd meet someone as great as you!"

Rest of the ol' 12th precinct stands around with gaping jaws.

Dietrich: "Hey, I couldn't have done it without you guys."

Cue exit music.

Edited by ConradDobler

Not yet available on Youtube, but walk with me down memory lane:

An alledged time traveller is arrested in Central Park and is in the cage. During the show he convinces Harris to dump his gold investments and move to zinc. (Harris quote: "Oh a couple of tons".)

At the outro, the time traveller finally hears Dietrichs' full name.

TT: "Dietrich? THE Arthur Dietrich?"

AD: "Yes."

TT: "My goodness, sir this is such an honor! I'd never thought that I'd meet someone as great as you!"

Rest of the ol' 12th precinct stands around with gaping jaws.

Dietrich: "Hey, I couldn't have done it without you guys."

Cue exit music.

I remember that one. I even remember the quote he got for zinc. "36 cents?... A POUND!?! I guess I can spring for a coupla tons." [Time Traveler in cage gives him two thumbs up]

Good stuff. :D

The Inspector Luger bonus! Two of my favorites.

Lugar was awesome! I can't remember his name in real life...but he was a long-time character actor...always looked about the same, and always seemed three sheets to the wind...

"You might not have that problem of Gerry Ford was still in the White House...I didn't vote for Mr Peanut, so don't go taking it out on me..." :lol: Funny stuff! I think that show, Mary Tyler Moore and Taxi were very ahead of their time...they all hold up well...