New England, so what's it gonna be this time?

McD

It will be a dose of reality: New England 38, Bills 10

We aren't very good against the run, our OT's aren't good enough and our QB isn't accurate enough

That's the thing with this years team... I can see this score happening, and yet I can see it being close. You just never know what you're going to get from them.

I won't go for the "moral victory" thing, but I will be ok with a good hard fought tight game. If we win, AWESOME! If we don't I'll still sleep fine Sunday night. I want the Bills to BELIEVE they are in the same realm as the Pats... even if they're not just yet. But I also want the FO to realize we still have plenty of holes to fill/upgrade.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It will be a dose of reality: New England 38, Bills 10

We aren't very good against the run, our OT's aren't good enough and our QB isn't accurate enough

The Pats defense is 31st in the league in passing yards against and 25th in TD passes allowed. In other words, they will suck against us.

This Bills team has taken on the cool swagger of their leader in Fitzpatrick. They aren't afraid of this team even though we all know that they're going to score against us.

Expect a high scoring game that will be decided on a turnover in the fourth or whoever has the ball last.

This is going to be a great game and I give the Bills a fighting chance to pull off the upset. The stadium will be off it's hinges if this one is within reach in the fourth.

I'm hoping for the best and expecting the worst. My guess is a safety on some kind of ridiculous statue of liberty play. Bills lose by 2.

NICE!! A Statue of Liberty play utilizing a hook and lateral. As they complete the pass we'll hit and knock their WR out cold, forcing him to fumble, but since the ball will be "grazing" his leg as he lays motionless, NE will keep the ball... then Brady will throw a 4th and 9 pass that goes for 7.5 yards, and the refs will just "give it to 'em"... this will of course lead to a pass into the endzone where the Bills will be flagged for a phantom pass interference call and will ultimately lead to a NE TD... this will of course only put NE down 2, and they'll summarily kick off to us and both McFumbles and Spiller will both have their hands on the ball but wont keep it, and NE will kick a 59 yd FG will no time on the clock to win the game...

Yeah, I can see this happening... Lol.

More than likely, the Patriots will blow us out of the water.

I don't think any team is looking past us anymore, so I bet they will show up prepared. The Patriots have a much better all around team.

That being said.

I hope we kick their asses all over the field. :devil:

I agree with your assessment. The Pats will be looking to secure the division and home field advantage as the Jests are still with in striking distance of them so there will be no sliding. But that will make a victory even sweeter. Go Bills

The pats* won last night because of a fluke kickoff return by a lineman. The pats* didn't win it, the pack lost it.

Pressure on Tom Lady is the key. I loved the pack blitz where he got smoked for a huge loss. I had to rewind that one a few times in addition to the replay.

The pats* won last night because of a fluke kickoff return by a lineman. The pats* didn't win it, the pack lost it.

Pressure on Tom Lady is the key. I loved the pack blitz where he got smoked for a huge loss. I had to rewind that one a few times in addition to the replay.

That's all well and good, but in case you didn't notice, they won. They are a lot mentally and physically tougher than we are. We are getting better, but we aren't there yet.

Cmon guys! I for one have been looking forward to this game since early in the year. The "bad" Bills teams from the last three Pats games have been competitive. I know that everybody here remembers how we almost won at Foxboro last year, and then in December the Pats came in to town and only put up 17 on us...Brady couldn't do anything that game and he had Moss running down the sidelines. This year we had a late lead only to curl up and hand them a W...I'm telling you, Bills win this one 27-24.

NE's offense is a lot better than Buffalo's defense. Buffalo's offense could, I say could possibly hold down the fort with NE's defense. Say what you want about Belichick, he is the master at making the best of what he's got. NE's offensive firepower and Brady's precision trumps Buffalo's competitive spirit and the Pats win the game 38-20. NE basically plays to stay healthy.

The Pats defense is 31st in the league in passing yards against and 25th in TD passes allowed. In other words, they will suck against us.

This Bills team has taken on the cool swagger of their leader in Fitzpatrick. They aren't afraid of this team even though we all know that they're going to score against us.

Expect a high scoring game that will be decided on a turnover in the fourth or whoever has the ball last.

This is going to be a great game and I give the Bills a fighting chance to pull off the upset. The stadium will be off it's hinges if this one is within reach in the fourth.

The problem is they score 31 points a game. We've only score more than 20 points in a game once since Halloween. 13-17 points are plenty to beat Shaun Hill, Henne and Delhomme. You need more than 30 to beat the pats--we've only done that once. GB rocked Brady pertty good last night and Flynn looked fantastic (no wonder they picked him as their backup)--yet NE still won.

The problem is they score 31 points a game. We've only score more than 20 points in a game once since Halloween. 13-17 points are plenty to beat Shaun Hill, Henne and Delhomme. You need more than 30 to beat the pats--we've only done that once. GB rocked Brady pertty good last night and Flynn looked fantastic (no wonder they picked him as their backup)--yet NE still won.

If we can put up 34 points on the road against Baltimore, I have to believe that we can put up 34 points against the Pats at home. Baltimore has a much better defense than the Pats and our receivers are playing even better than they were back then. There's a lot of confidence gelling in that locker room right now. The story of Fitz and his receivers should be called the "Revenge of the Rejects.

That's all well and good, but in case you didn't notice, they won. They are a lot mentally and physically tougher than we are. We are getting better, but we aren't there yet.

Good assessment. Good teams find ways to win. Buffalo is getting closer, but until they turn the corner, close doesn't put check marks in the win column. Tom Brady is no Chad Henne and Belichick is no Sparano. I would be happy to see the Bills play it close and scare the bejeezus out of Belichick.

So... New England week... What will our Bills do this time? Do we have enough to pull off a win, or will the Bills break our hearts by losing in the final minutes, or not show up at all? This has been really the only two options the Bills have given us for the past 8 years with this team.

Bills Lose again...

Edited by mattsox

If we can put up 34 points on the road against Baltimore, I have to believe that we can put up 34 points against the Pats at home. Baltimore has a much better defense than the Pats and our receivers are playing even better than they were back then. There's a lot of confidence gelling in that locker room right now. The story of Fitz and his receivers should be called the "Revenge of the Rejects.

My concern is that we really are struggling to score points, minus the Cincy game, for the past 8 weeks. The pats's 31 points last night equals their lowest total since week 9. They average 38 ppg since that loss to Cleveland, whereas we average 21 (added significantly by the 49 against cincy).

Trying to figure out how we do it. "Pressuring Brady" ultimately didn't work last night--and GB has a much better pass rush than we do.

NE has a much better offense than Bal'mer and Flacco isn't even in the same solar system as Brady. I hope we keep it close.

NE has a much better offense than Bal'mer and Flacco isn't even in the same solar system as Brady. I hope we keep it close.

With all things being equal, our defense having got better kind of mitigates the comparison to what Baltimore did and what the Pats would do to us two months ago. I fully expect the Pats to score between 30-36 points on us. I expect the same kind of game as what happened in Baltimore, hopefully with a big "W" result this time.

Edited by 1billsfan

With all things being equal, our defense having got better kind of mitigates the comparison to what Baltimore did and what the Pats would do to us two months ago. I fully expect the Pats to score between 30-36 points on us. I expect the same kind of game as what happened in Baltimore, hopefully with a big "W" result this time.

IF..... NE plays ball control and TOP, we are going to playing from behind. That is NOT a good spot to be in against NE. If NE scores quickly, we are still going to be playing from behind. We need to score first and be up by 11 with 4 minutes left in the 4th quarter. If we can't put pressure on Brady, it is going to be a long game.

If Belichick plays ball control, heavy run offense and short, quick passes to cut down the possibility of Brady getting injured, we have a shot. If Belichick turns Brady loose, there is a good chance it could be over by mid 3rd quarter.

As long as we can keep it close and Belichick isn't playing to win at all costs, we have a shot.