That damn Jerry Sullivan!!!

Lv-Bills

How dare he write a positive piece, and feel good about the Bills? So, what, none of the whiny bitches want to post today that Jerry was finally teabagging the Bills and Fitzpatrick in his column today? I'm surprised. For as many of you who whine about how WGR blows (yet you all still listen to it, despite claiming not to), and that Jerry sucks because he's critical of what has been pretty much the worst franchise in the NFL over the last decade, where are you today?

I thought, after reading today's piece, some of you would be throwing confetti, like you were at a Bills game in 1991. Or popping open the champagne, because Jerry wrote a feel good column today.

Come on whiners, rejoice, today is your day. Jerry seemed to have some fun watching the Bills yesterday. He even seems to be a little bit of a fan, which some of you want so dearly. Today is your day.

Speak up. Give Jerry his props. Just think if they beat New England! Jerry will be gushing with Bills pride. And then, all of you that wish he was Chris Brown instead of Jerry Sullivan would be ecstatic.

Go Bills. ONE WIN over the Pats would be sweet, for you, me and for our boy Jerry Sullivan.

:thumbsup:

Edited by Lv-Bills

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

eff WGR (dont listen ever), and eff Sullivan. Sorry, as far as I'm concerned he doesnt get to celebrate with the rest of us who are willing to stick with the team through thick and thin. Even when he may be "correct" about the poor state of the franchise, he is just stating the obvious and piling on.

dont really care what he has to say, good or bad.

eff WGR (dont listen ever), and eff Sullivan. Sorry, as far as I'm concerned he doesnt get to celebrate with the rest of us who are willing to stick with the team through thick and thin. Even when he may be "correct" about the poor state of the franchise, he is just stating the obvious and piling on.

dont really care what he has to say, good or bad.

Some of you just don't get it. It's not his job to celebrate. He's an opinion writer. It's worthless even trying to explain that again.

But hey, Chris Brown is such a good read!!! :rolleyes:

Some of you just don't get it. It's not his job to celebrate. He's an opinion writer. It's worthless even trying to explain that again.

no, i get it. and that is why i dont bother with him. he is an opinion writer. no different than anyone who posts here. there are plenty of "realists" on this board that write more interesting posts that i would rather read.

Bill in NYC tells it like it is, good or bad, every week. and he manages to do it without coming of like an a-hole. same with R.Rich.

the only difference between Sullivan and anyone here is that Sullivan can see the players naked if he wants, and he gets paid to post. considering most of us post while at work, the latter can be said for us as well.

Iam not that much of a fan Chris Brown but he works for the Bills so you have to expect him to be a homer and as for Jerry I don't know him that well as a sports writer because we don't get the Buffalo News down here in Steuben county.

no, i get it. and that is why i dont bother with him. he is an opinion writer. no different than anyone who posts here. there are plenty of "realists" on this board that write more interesting posts that i would rather read.

Bill in NYC tells it like it is, good or bad, every week. and he manages to do it without coming of like an a-hole. same with R.Rich.

the only difference between Sullivan and anyone here is that Sullivan can see the players naked if he wants, and he gets paid to post. considering most of us post while at work, the latter can be said for us as well.

No, the difference between anyone here and Jerry, is that Jerry's not a fan. And he doesn't have to be. Nor should we really want him to be, so we can get the other view, as much as we might not like it. Bill in NYC tells it like it is, with some twists of "you can tell he's still a fan" mixed in. Sullivan doesn't do that, because he's a pro. Bill in NYC can inject a simple "but man I love the Bills when they do that" kind of posting, because he's a fan, thus, still reiterating to all of us that he's a Bills fan (and that somehow makes us feel better). Sullivan doesn't need to do that. He's not, or doesn't have to be, a fan.

But hey, wouldn't it be nice, if they were all like Chris "lemming" Brown? Now THAT is some journalism.

How dare he write a positive piece, and feel good about the Bills? So, what, none of the whiny bitches want to post today that Jerry was finally teabagging the Bills and Fitzpatrick in his column today? I'm surprised. For as many of you who whine about how WGR blows (yet you all still listen to it, despite claiming not to), and that Jerry sucks because he's critical of what has been pretty much the worst franchise in the NFL over the last decade, where are you today?

I thought, after reading today's piece, some of you would be throwing confetti, like you were at a Bills game in 1991. Or popping open the champagne, because Jerry wrote a feel good column today.

Come on whiners, rejoice, today is your day. Jerry seemed to have some fun watching the Bills yesterday. He even seems to be a little bit of a fan, which some of you want so dearly. Today is your day.

Speak up. Give Jerry his props. Just think if they beat New England! Jerry will be gushing with Bills pride. And then, all of you that wish he was Chris Brown instead of Jerry Sullivan would be ecstatic.

Go Bills. ONE WIN over the Pats would be sweet, for you, me and for our boy Jerry Sullivan.

:thumbdown:

Jerry Sullivan sucks. He pisses and moans all year long like a troll, thumbing his nose at any positive note that may arise and tries to drag everyone down into the misery he wallows in. Then he writes one positive column and we're supposed to throw confetti in the air like we give two ***** what this horses ass thinks? Yeah :thumbsup:

The only value this guy's post have is that it's entertaining to rip on him for being a dick. And btw, WGR does suck, I've gotten an earful on more than one occasion which is why I don't listen anymore. Sorry to bash on your employer, but that's how I feel about it.

Iam not that much of a fan Chris Brown but he works for the Bills so you have to expect him to be a homer and as for Jerry I don't know him that well as a sports writer because we don't get the Buffalo News down here in Steuben county.

Sully is, easily, the most read sports writer for the Buffalo News. Easily. But a lot of people like to pile on, because he's usually negative on the Bills. I can't imagine why, right? Well, today, he wrote something positive. He's a few weeks later than most of us on appreciating this current Bills team, but he finally kind of admitted they've grown on him and did something relatively meaningful yesterday.

I was just pointing it out, since every whiner likes to point out all of his negative columns, which means they still read him every week.

A lot of people here would appoint Chris Brown as a pulitzer prize winner for his lemming stuff about the Bills. I just like to point out that when negative Nancy Jerry sees something he likes, he can be just as positive as he is negative.

I mean really, the last ten years and positivity surrounding the Bills is pretty hard to justify. So, today, it's the day of the whiner. Rejoice everyone, Jerry is happy!!!

Some of you seem to think Jerry is "bad" when he writes a negative piece and "good" when he is positive. Or, you think that's the position of the Sullivan detractors.

Let me be clear about this. Sullivan sucks when he writes about football. It doesn't matter if he is positive or negative, or if he gets lucky and makes a good point. He simply doesn't seem to enjoy or understand the game well enough to write intelligently about it on a regular basis.

:thumbdown:

Jerry Sullivan sucks. He pisses and moans all year long like a troll, thumbing his nose at any positive note that may arise and tries to drag everyone down into the misery he wallows in. Then he writes one positive column and we're supposed to throw confetti in the air like we give two ***** what this horses ass thinks? Yeah :thumbsup:

The only value this guy's post have is that it's entertaining to rip on him for being a dick. And btw, WGR does suck, I've gotten an earful on more than one occasion which is why I don't listen anymore. Sorry to bash on your employer, but that's how I feel about it.

Your honor, I'd like to admit this as evidence #2. And here I thought the Bills over the last ten years gave Jerry plenty of reasons to "pile on" and wallow in misery. I guess that Jerry's fault though, and not the Bills front office for being the worst franchise in the NFL in the 2000's.

But hey, feel good my man, sneak a peek at Jerry's article today while you listen to WGR (I won't tell anyone that you don't read it, OR listen to WGR, trust me), while you and Chris Brown pop open champagne bottles after what happened yesterday.

Jerry's positive for at least one day. He must be crazy. He kind of likes this 4-10 team, just like we do. I'll be damn.

If the Bills beat the Pats next week,

The Goal posts are coming down!!!

LOL :thumbsup:

That was some funny schitt right there.

Edited by Lv-Bills

OK, so every so often... perhaps once a year, Charles Manson goes before the parole board and does his very best to pass himself off as sane, if only for the day. Unfortunately for Charles, the parole board knows his history and has the advantage of viewing his behavior over a period of many years. Invariably, in unison, the board rolls their eyes and declare their unanimous conclusion that although the effort is appreciated, one day of appearing rational does make you fit to rejoin our society. We need to see much, much more of this over a much longer period of time, before we will even begin consider your request.

Disclaimer for the analogy impaired: I am not comparing poor journalism with the atrocities put forward by a psychotic mass murderer... </outrage>

Let me be clear about this. Sullivan sucks when he writes about football. It doesn't matter if he is positive or negative, or if he gets lucky and makes a good point. He simply doesn't seem to enjoy or understand the game well enough to write intelligently about it on a regular basis.

This.

And I dont follow Chris Brown either, as his position is an obvious one. But at least Chris is an outlet for some actual news once in a while.

Edited by DrDankenstein

Sully is, easily, the most read sports writer for the Buffalo News. Easily. But a lot of people like to pile on, because he's usually negative on the Bills. I can't imagine why, right? Well, today, he wrote something positive. He's a few weeks later than most of us on appreciating this current Bills team, but he finally kind of admitted they've grown on him and did something relatively meaningful yesterday.

I was just pointing it out, since every whiner likes to point out all of his negative columns, which means they still read him every week.

A lot of people here would appoint Chris Brown as a pulitzer prize winner for his lemming stuff about the Bills. I just like to point out that when negative Nancy Jerry sees something he likes, he can be just as positive as he is negative.

I mean really, the last ten years and positivity surrounding the Bills is pretty hard to justify. So, today, it's the day of the whiner. Rejoice everyone, Jerry is happy!!!

I think when the Bills start winning most of the negativity will go away.

Some of you seem to think Jerry is "bad" when he writes a negative piece and "good" when he is positive. Or, you think that's the position of the Sullivan detractors.

No, some of us just think it's hilarious how worked up a lot of people get when someone, god forbid, writes something critical about this team.....which has been run awful for more than a decade.

I could actually care less if Jerry is negative or positive, but the whining about Buffalo's most popular writer is laughable. And whether you admit it or not, it's mostly because this team has been so abysmal.

So, today, just for one day, all the whiners can rejoice, and act like Jerry is a fan of the Bills just like we are. Today should be a great day for all the Chris Brown lovers out there.

It's like our very own Buffalo Bills woodstock with this lovefest going on.

This.

And I dont follow Chris Brown either, as his position is an obvious one. But at least Chris is an outlet for some actual news once in a while.

LMAO. Your honor, the defense rests!!!

....Sullivan doesn't do that, because he's a pro...

:lol::lol::lol:

I could care less if he praises the Bills or bashes them...the guy is a hack. In my opinion, most if not all sports "writers" who's claim to fame is writing sports commentaries are really no different from the thousands of morons like myself that post in threads on message boards...wait, he gets paid to do it, so I guess he's a "pro". <_<

I think when the Bills start winning most of the negativity will go away.

A lot of it will, but not all of it. Nor should all of it. For instance, in next season's AFC Championship game, when Gailey has poor clock management skills at Pittsburgh, it should be brought up. Because most likely, that is the only mistake that cost us from going to the Superbowl in 2011. LOL.

But yeah, when this team shows signs of turning the corner, a lot of negativity will go away.

your post is as confusing as Sullivan's articles. Are you a fan of his writing or are you being condescending? You really never commit to either side as you call out the Sullivan haters. Are you trying to motivate dialogue for his benefit or are you being a smart a** bc you dont like him. Your conclusion "our boy Jerry Sullivan" is it condescending? I dont mean to offend but clarity would be nice. If you read that article closely you could read bewteen the lines that he is heavily discounting the team and ends the article with a condescending:

"OK, it wasn't like beating Don Shula in his final game, or Jim Kelly outdueling Dan Marino in the snow. But they knocked out Miami, and when has that ever been a bad thing? Go ahead. Ask the person at the water cooler if it mattered." -Sullivan

My take is that he believes most at the water cooler wouldn't think that THIS bills win over the fins doesn't matter. Which he is wrong and being a tremendous hater bc he has to eat crow. we sat Miami Down and we nearly beat the pats last time. We are due and its a home game. Sully is just weaslin his way in on the fun after nearly begging the Bills to lose so he could get his new "Jim Kelly" and pontificate that a single man brought the org back as oppose to the COMPLETE team effort that is unveiling itself before our very eyes. Shame on sully for using quill trickery as oppose to and old fashion apology or admitting he was wrong.