We have our QB

coldstorage5

Do you know what Fitz's problem is? He wasn't a #1 pick. That's all. If he was a #1 pick no one would be talking about his size or accuracy.

PTR

For once I agree with you. And I agree with everything 1billsfan said above. If Fitz, not Spiller, was last year's first round pick, he would already have been given the keys to Buffalo based on this year's performance. Because he bounced around for awhile before this season, folks are "not yet sold."

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The better question is what teams would rather have Fitz than their current starter.

Cleveland, Carolina, San Fran, Arizona, Miami ... maybe the Jets. That's about it.

Out of the chute that is 7/32. Add the Vikings and 'skins. Denver, Detriot, Dallas should be there too. Talk to Giants, Jag and Chicago fans and they are not sure they have their guy. For all the good things Flacco does, leading the team is not one of them. Palmer has been abysmal and Fitz might start in Oakland too.

I bought into the no upside matra too this summer, but Fitz keeps getting better. Every week he makes a different throw I have not seen him make before. If Stevie Johnson catches that Pass in OT vs the Steelers he is the offenive player of the week. Probably against b'more too.

He is about 3-4% completions away from being an Elite QB. TD#'s are already up there.

If a QB needs to be drafted it is to fill in the back up spot. Draft to fix the O-line and linebackers.

I believe Coach Gailey realized he'd struck QB gold (without qualifiers) some time ago, but knew he'd have to bring his owner and fanbase on-board in gradual doses, beginning the process back on Fitz's birthday. The general public and NFL media are much warmer to the idea now, sometimes with caveats and qualifiers (for 2011, to teach a rookie, etc.). Of which I think Chan shares none.

Time changes perspective. In 1994, you were probably right. Nowadays, I think you'd be surprised at the answer you'd get.

You're right. I bet they'd be MORE willing to trade it all in for a ring. Because that's all anyone remembers. Winners. How is a player's greatness cemented? In championship rings. End of story.

If you think otherwise, then you're living in fairytale land.