TE Shawn Nelson is done for the year

Jerry Jabber

Every pick is like a lotto ticket. The first round should have a 50% hit rate, while 7th round should have a 5-10% hit rate. Modrak is WAY, WAY below the first round expectations. Maybe he's on target for later rounds. Whooopeee!

I come to this Board to vent about my frustrations as a Bills fan, but instead of empathy I often get "hey, actually this guy who's most responsible for making your life miserable with crappy talent evaluation is really good."

In the latest incarnation, this argument is that while Modrak routinely blows top picks, he's great at late round/UFAs.

No he's not.

Does anyone really know who's making the picks for the Bills. There have been rumors that Levy & Jauron wanted Whitner. Also, Levy & Jauron wanted Revis, but Ralph wanted Lynch. The way things sound from Nix about Maybin, is that Maybin was a Jauron pick (Nix stated he likes to stay away from one year wonders in college). The Bills have had 10 years of bad draft picks, there's no denying that, but is it due to a meddling owner and/or coaches/GM decisions on these picks?

Does anyone really know who's making the picks for the Bills. There have been rumors that Levy & Jauron wanted Whitner. Also, Levy & Jauron wanted Revis, but Ralph wanted Lynch. The way things sound from Nix about Maybin, is that Maybin was a Jauron pick (Nix stated he likes to stay away from one year wonders in college). The Bills have had 10 years of bad draft picks, there's no denying that, but is it due to a meddling owner and/or coaches/GM decisions on these picks?

Good post and all great points.

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2010/12/14/1875879/bills-te-shawn-nelson-will-miss-remainder-of-season

Nelson only had 3 catches for 25 yards this year...DAMN!!! I wonder if he will be cut loose in the offseason?

I have several friends who have major uncontrollable migraines that make them unable to do anything ... can't even imagine trying to play football with them. Sadly there are no reliable meds to truly stop them.

Nelson may have had the potential but if the migraines can't be controlled he is not worth having take up a roster spot.

That's a shame, thought we had a good one in Nelson.

Time maybe to think

Lance Kendricks

in Round 3?

2010 JOHN MACKEY AWARD FINALIST: Lance Kendricks leads Wisconsin with 39 catches for 627 yards and five touchdowns. In addition, Kendricks has proven invaluable as a blocker for the Badgers’ high-powered rushing attack, which currently boasts three players with over 800 rushing yards and at least 13 rushing touchdowns. Kendricks ranks third among all FBS tight ends in receiving yards, is tied for sixth in touchdowns and is tied for seventh in receptions. Earlier this season, Kendricks became the first Badger since Travis Beckum in 2007 to record back-to-back 100-yard receiving games when he tallied 103 receiving yards and one TD on six catches vs. Austin Peay one week after a career-high seven receptions for 131 yards and one score in win over Arizona State.

I believe there to be a zero percent chance we draft a TE as early as the 3rd round.

Good post and all great points.

He didn't make any points. He asked a question.

Every pick is like a lotto ticket. The first round should have a 50% hit rate, while 7th round should have a 5-10% hit rate. Modrak is WAY, WAY below the first round expectations. Maybe he's on target for later rounds. Whooopeee!

I come to this Board to vent about my frustrations as a Bills fan, but instead of empathy I often get "hey, actually this guy who's most responsible for making your life miserable with crappy talent evaluation is really good."

In the latest incarnation, this argument is that while Modrak routinely blows top picks, he's great at late round/UFAs.

No he's not.

Man, after your first rant (out of nowhere by the way), I wanted to mess with you. And now, after your 2nd post, I kinda feel sorry for you. You come here to vent and we give you no lovin. In all seriousness though, we do feel your pain as far as blowing draft picks. Me personally, I don't have enough information to blame Modrack. I DO NOT have any definitive proof that he was who made the pick or recommended any of the bad picks. No one really knows for sure where he had , say maybin, graded? I really do believe it was others that pushed for the stupid picks. So, I hear where you're coming from, but until I get some facts that prove it was modrack and not Mauron or Levy, and the fact that we do hit on the later picks where I think coaches have less of a say so or knowledge of a player, I can't throw him under the bus.

That's sad, dude. Hey at least there's a few guys here you can exchange pm's with.

Ain't that the truth!

....Oh, and where did the maryjane comment go? the mods delete it? I was gonna say maybe that explains why I never have a migraine? <_< ..oh, my bad. That comment was on buffalorumblings.

Edited by EastRochBillsfan

No he's not.

here..

Print this out. It should be enough paper to give you a tissue.

Edited by over 20 years of fanhood

You monitor him. If he can't overcome the migraines, release him. If he does, bring him back to compete.

And newly-added TE Scott Chandler played a lot this past game and was excellent in the run game. Looks like the Bills finally found a decent blocking TE. And given that he was 2nd all-time in receptions at Iowa, he's got the ability to catch the ball. Hopefully they work him more into the passing game.