This game in Detroit tonight

zow2

I'm gonna try to tread lightly here,,,and not streotype people in too negative a way. But word out of Detroit is that the league/Team made a mistake in handing out free tickets. Lets just say the majority of tickets went to people (who stood in huge lines) that don't necessarily want to go watch the game. This ain't going to be a wholesome family crowd. IMO, they should arrest anyone trying to sell one of those "free" tickets near the stadium or on craigslist or wherever(impossible i know). And how many of those Free ticket holders are going to be in a good mood if they shut the doors early? They cut off the Free ticket gievaway after about 1pm today after many more people showed up than they thought.

Here's the estimated ticket distribution as per a Detroit website...

the following tickets will all be recognized for admission tonight:

1) 25,000 free tickets (may not all be let in depending on how many of #2 & #3 below get in)

2) 60,000 packer/lions tickets (stubs from yesterdays game)

3) 60,000+ viking/Giant tickets (if those folks can make it to Detroit they are guranteed a 50 yd line seat)

If 100% of 1) are used and 75% of 2) are used and 25% of 3) are used, that comes to about 70,000 folks who should be let in.

I believe Ford field has about 60,000 seats...

What an F-up.

The Vikings will have insurance to cover their losses from gate revenue, I am not sure how Detroit will cover their losses - especially since the city pays for so much of the utilities, if not all. The Metrodome was publicly funded. The games there were disgusting. Anyone who can stand in line at 1pm on a Monday afternoon is already suspect to me...and I would have been there.

The way people are making it sound I am half expecting it to look like Escape from L.A. in the stands there tonight.

I am assuming Rays post was deleted, which is sad cause it is such a great post on so many levels. Are we that scared of offending someone that even sarcasm is not allowed anymore?

BTW, would be awesome to see some fires in the stands tonight ala the Bills-Jets game 20 years ago. :thumbsup:

So how many people are watching this game tonight, that weren't planning on watching it before, just to see the mayhem?

ME!!

Edited by plenzmd1

So how many people are watching this game tonight, that weren't planning on watching it before, just to see the mayhem?

Aye.

The perfect situation would be a huge blowout, a bored fan base that gets completely out of hand (plenz -- I was just thinking of that MNF game) and Dan Dierdoff working the game and expressing his outrage over the situation through the entire second half.