Peter King Writes Regarding Fitzpatrick

"What would you call Harvard product Ryan Fitzpatrick? Journeyman, insurance policy, good Scrabble partner? I'd call him this: A man with a real chance to keep the job longer than any of his post-Kelly predecessors."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/peter_king/12/10/brett-favre-ryan-fitzpatrick/index.html

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fitz IS NOT THE ANSWER!!!

Especially if Pete King is talking good about him.

Look what happened when King posted good remarks about Buffalo last week. The Bills got slaughtered.

This Peter King is one powerful sonofabitch. He must be stopped.

Fitz is a good fit right now. I don't see him as the long term solution though. I believe we need Andrew Luck. I believe him to be the answer at QB, but I don't think he's coming out and with the uncertainy of the 2011 season, I don't think it will happen. That being said. If He comes out you get him, if he doesn't go with Fitz and build your TRENCHES UP!!!!

You're right, because quarterback ISN'T THE QUESTION.

+1, sure we can always improve...but that in itself is the problem we can improve anywhere and everywhere MAYBE with the exception of DT for one spot.

I sort of imagine us as the kid who walks in to a candy store and sees all the amazing different possibilities of what we could have and how amazing (and yes it would be amazing) for this all to take place. The problem is that we only have a $10 allowance and we're just incapable of getting everything we want. With what we have at QB I'd say that unless we somehow get an amazing bargain (Luck) then we probably should invest in something else.

Edited by Swift Sylvan

Fitz is a good fit right now. I don't see him as the long term solution though. I believe we need Andrew Luck. I believe him to be the answer at QB, but I don't think he's coming out and with the uncertainy of the 2011 season, I don't think it will happen. That being said. If He comes out you get him, if he doesn't go with Fitz and build your TRENCHES UP!!!!

Luck is not the answer, especially if Pete King is talking good about him. :rolleyes:

+1, sure we can always improve...but that in itself is the problem we can improve anywhere and everywhere MAYBE with the exception of DT for one spot.

I sort of imagine us as the kid who walks in to a candy store and sees all the amazing different possibilities of what we could have and how amazing (and yes it would be amazing) for this all to take place. The problem is that we only have a $10 allowance and we're just incapable of getting everything we want. With what we have at QB I'd say that unless we somehow get an amazing bargain (Luck) then we probably should invest in something else.

I also don't buy the Andrew Luck hype. May be I'm wrong, who knows?

I also don't buy the Andrew Luck hype. May be I'm wrong, who knows?

Well that's always a possibility, I think from playing on a team sport it just becomes so obvious of what you can and can't accomplish in a year. Of course if madden were like the real NFL who would play?

Chan has taken an AVERAGE QB in the NFL and made him legit. Just imagine what he can do with a legit QB with even more tools.

And yet all of Fitz's stats (including his averages which aren't impacted by games played) put him somewhere 18-20 in just about every category but TD'S.

And yet all of Fitz's stats (including his averages which aren't impacted by games played) put him somewhere 18-20 in just about every category but TD'S.

Except that TD's are pretty important, since it's a game of points scored versus points surrendered. At it stands right now, Fitz would be tied for 3rd in TD's/game (2.0) with Rivers and Manning. Despite not getting the majority of reps in the off-season, training camp, and pre-season.

Except that TD's are pretty important, since it's a game of points scored versus points surrendered. At it stands right now, Fitz would be tied for 3rd in TD's/game (2.0) with Rivers and Manning. Despite not getting the majority of reps in the off-season, training camp, and pre-season.

His TD% is also INSANE. Believe me, I hear ya. :thumbsup:

Fitz IS NOT THE ANSWER!!!

Especially if Pete King is talking good about him.

Look what happened when King posted good remarks about Buffalo last week. The Bills got slaughtered.

No....they got slaughtered because I forgot to run around my house three times exactly 6 hours before the game.