Los Angeles Chargers?

richNjoisy

If LA gets the Chargers, doesn't that just move San Diego to the top of the list for would-be moves for the next owner of the Bills?

Paving the way for a repeat of the Buffalo Braves.

So I guess based on that logic, you would be ok if the Bills moved to Toronto?

It would be more like the Bills moving to Syracuse. Changing countries is still a big deal.

As much as we hate to think about it, it will be the LA Bills

Buffalo had 600,000 people in 1960 and now we have less than half that. The economy is garbage with no hope in sight. People who make 8 bucks an hour at call centers to supplement their government entitlements don't buy season tickets, and the owners of call centers do not buy luxury suites.

We are too geographically close to Pittsburgh and Cleveland and even Detroit. The Rust Belt only support so many teams, and we are the smallest of the NFL rust belt cities

How many of you fans on TSW no longer live in the Buffalo??? About 80% or more?

It would be more like the Bills moving to Syracuse. Changing countries is still a big deal.

Thank you for making that point. Yes if the Bills moved to Syracuse I wouldn't like it but I'd probably still go to games. Even if they went to Toronto I'd consider it. Much would depend on whether current season ticket holders would be allowed to keep their seats, if I felt the team was worth following, how much $, etc.

PTR

Seriously, this whole situation smacks of an ultimate letdown. Everything is laid out for a favorable outcome for the Bills yet somehow they snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. Choose your metaphor: 1990, 2000, 2004 or basically any close game involving DJ (btw, as a quick aside, Harbaugh totally Jauron-ed the Ravens on Sunday night by making Flacco pass on 3-and-medium with a late fourth quarter lead, echoing 2007 Dallas and 2008 NYJ).

Here, we have two franchises on the verge of giving the City of Angels a return to the NFL stage, yet I still have a sinking feeling that the Bills are the ones that will end up as the LA Kardashians. I don't know why, but this situation doesn't end in our favor. Call it two decades of psychological conditioning, but until Pegula or Golisano or Rich or Jacobs or a combination thereof have established a three-deep succession plan to keep the Bills in OP, I will cherish every down of Bills football as if they're packing the Mayflowers when the season's over.

I dont care if they tried 20 years or 50 years or 5 years ago they've had their chances and they've FAILED.. That city doesnt deserve to have its own football team. Leave the Superchargers be in SD where they belong. I dont know what they're obsession with LA is.

Interesting that you mention 50 years ago. 50 years ago, they actually WERE the LA Chargers

I dont care if they tried 20 years or 50 years or 5 years ago they've had their chances and they've FAILED.. That city doesnt deserve to have its own football team. Leave the Superchargers be in SD where they belong. I dont know what they're obsession with LA is.

Gotts ta git yer facts right, bubba. The LA Rams were one of the most successful franchises in the NFL for decades, often leading the league in attendance. Carroll Rosenbloom essentially traded the 'Skins for them because he saw them as a money machine. When he died, his wife, the Widow Georgia, and her flunkies tried to hold the city up for massive money, which led them to move to Anaheim where they still did okay even as Jawja worked overtime to make the team non-competive as part of the plan to move to St. Louie, where massive amounts of public money were shoved into her greedy hands (her machinations were the inspiration for the owner (female) in the movie, MAJOR LEAGUE). The Rams so "owned" LA at one time that the Los Angeles Chargers (named to promote Conrad Hilton's credit card business, btw)packed up and left.

The Raiders threatened to move to LA as a ploy by Al Davis to hold Oakland and Alameda County hostage. When that didn't work, he moved the team. Like the Rams, it too was quite successful in LA. But then Al started his "show me the money" games with various municipalities in SoCal. And when that didn't work, he pulled off a deal with the now compliant pols in NoCal. As a side note, the Raiders have never since matched the size of the crowds they had in LA (nor the success).

So, the NFL never did fail in LA. In fact, it was highly successful there. What happened was two scumbag ownerships tried to hold the city and county hostage to squeeze taxpayer money from them. They failed at that, and so found suckers in other parts of the country to pick up their tabs.

How many of you fans on TSW no longer live in the Buffalo??? About 80% or more?

Forget about TSW how many people actually are "FROM" Buffalo? Answer: 10X more than live there now. I still think the Bills might be safe, but if its a pure economics play Buffalo is the least appealing by a landslide (as an NFL team).

San Diego is a growing city with the best weather in the US. The city has one of the highest employment rates and income levels in the US.

The weather is nice in San Diego. Your view on San Diego employment and income levels is inaccurate. The rich are still doing okay. Many others are just getting by. Those people you keep hearing about needing the unemployment extensions, too many of those folks are struggling in San Diego. The bad joke in San Diego is that people are paid in "sun dollars" or "sunshine wages". If they are paid at all. There is some serious economic stratification going on in San Diego mostly because of too expensive real estate and subsistence wages. San Diegans do love their Chargers and would like to keep it that way. Even with the tight economics San Diegans still support the Chargers. No moving the Chargers and no scarfing up anybody else's team is necessary.