Denard Robinison question

I know this question isn't about the Bills, but I figured there are alot of smart folks here that might know the answer to this question:

Why hasn't Denard Robinison of Mighigan garnered any Heisman Trophy consideration? He's passed for over 2300 yards & 16 TDs as well as rushing for over 1600 yards and 14 more TD's. I know his team hasn't been great, but he can't help it if they have a defense that can't stop anyone. Is Michigan on some sort or probation?

I know this question isn't about the Bills, but I figured there are alot of smart folks here that might know the answer to this question:

Why hasn't Denard Robinison of Mighigan garnered any Heisman Trophy consideration? He's passed for over 2300 yards & 16 TDs as well as rushing for over 1600 yards and 14 more TD's. I know his team hasn't been great, but he can't help it if they have a defense that can't stop anyone. Is Michigan on some sort or probation?

Michigan sucks. Thats the reason.

Great question. This guy was Cam Newton for the first month of the college season.

Rest assured, if Auburn was having the same year that Michigan is having, Newton would have been declared ineligible (because he clearly is) weeks ago.

Except Robinson is not even a decent QB. He is a glorified WR/RB

Is he listed as a QB? If so, then he is a QB. Doesnt matter HOW he plays. Its that system. In Rich's offense, QB's run. He's still a QB. So I guess Pat White and Tim Tebow never played QB in college. :rolleyes:

Edited by DreReed83

When was the last time you saw a Heisman winner from a team that wasnt in the top 25? That's like giving an NFL MVP trophy to a decent qb on a losing team.

Yeah, I know that argument and it does hold some water, but Mighigan would have been a bottom 25 team without Robinson. He was just as valuable to Mighigan as Newton was to Auburn -- he just did not have the supporting cast. It's time to look at the player and what he accomplished rather than the team and what they accomplished. It's an individual award.

Except Robinson is not even a decent QB. He is a glorified WR/RB

You have not seen him play much, I guess. He thru for over 2300 yards which was alot more than Cam Newton thru for

Yeah, I know that argument and it does hold some water, but Mighigan would have been a bottom 25 team without Robinson. He was just as valuable to Mighigan as Newton was to Auburn -- he just did not have the supporting cast. It's time to look at the player and what he accomplished rather than the team and what they accomplished. It's an individual award.

The top 25 teams are the only teams that matter in college football. And I'm sure there are TONS of players in the top 25 that are great. So why should they even care about a player outside the top 25? You can't have 30 candidates for a Heisman.

So should Sam Bradford be considered for an NFL MVP simply because he has decent numbers and the Rams would be in worse shape without him even though they're barely winning games?

Edited by DreReed83

You have not seen him play much, I guess. He thru for over 2300 yards which was alot more than Cam Newton thru for

Take a look at Cam Newton's stats before posting false information

Rate Yds TDs INT %

129.6 2589 28 6 67.1

I HAVE SEEN HIM PLAY.He's the Pat White of their offense. I guess cuz Rich Rodriguez coached both and they have the same skill sets. Don't tell me I know. Yes he runs a lot but he's still listed as a QB so it doesnt matter what you say. You can say he plays like a RB but guess what. He's listed as QB so he's a QB.

Cam is playing for the national championship. What's Robinson doing these days? I'll tell u what he's doing. PRAYING TO GOD Rich Rodriguez doesnt get fired or he'll have to find a new position or transfer to a program that runs a spread option.

Cam is playing for the national championship. What's Robinson doing these days? I'll tell u what he's doing. PRAYING TO GOD Rich Rodriguez doesnt get fired or he'll have to find a new position or transfer to a program that runs a spread option.

Im pretty sure he got injured for a game earlier this season which somehow has effected voting. Bottom line is he has not won the big games when he needed to, has turned the ball over more than the other QB's, and is not a part of a top 25 team(not his fault). Earlier in the year people were talking about him as the next heisman winner but week after week he faded. The other QB's have done more for their teams to deserve the honor, comeback wins and such.

Robinson 16TD 10Int only over 65% completion Pctg 3 times. (All against average to bad teams "lesser talented")

Newton 28TD 6Int over 65% completion Pctg 7 times.

Robinson completes most of his passes to wide open receivers because he rolls out and the D commits to the run. Yea it works in Michigan, it wont work in the NFL. Plus everytime I watch him he always seems to be hurt. He's to small to do what he does.

He's one of the best passers in college football. Great accuracy, arm, and touch, and seems to be able to read defenses really well.

What? I'm a huge Michigan fan and I couldn't disagree more. Anything behind the line of scrimmage, or within 10 yards is a good pass with great velocity. Almost anything past 10 yards is overthrown by 5 yards. Terrible accuracy.

The top 25 teams are the only teams that matter in college football. And I'm sure there are TONS of players in the top 25 that are great. So why should they even care about a player outside the top 25? You can't have 30 candidates for a Heisman.

So should Sam Bradford be considered for an NFL MVP simply because he has decent numbers and the Rams would be in worse shape without him even though they're barely winning games?

Except the Heisman isn't an MVP award- it's for the "most outstanding player."

What? I'm a huge Michigan fan and I couldn't disagree more. Anything behind the line of scrimmage, or within 10 yards is a good pass with great velocity. Almost anything past 10 yards is overthrown by 5 yards. Terrible accuracy.

I guess we'll have to disagree. I've seen every game this year, and I think he throws an outstanding and very accurate deep ball.

It also isn't easy throwing those run-stop passes to streaking receivers; he hits those guys every time in stride, in the hands, allowing them to gain major YAC.