ESPN Main NFL Page

/dev/null

I thought this was an interesting take, and wonder if anyone closer to Atlanta media can confirm part of this...

The former No. 2 wideout in Buffalo, where he benefited from the presence of Eric Moulds and the double coverages the Bills' top pass-catcher regularly commanded, Price has been a square peg in a round hole. He is not possessed of blazing speed, doesn't always work as hard as he should to make himself available to Vick and has inconsistent hands.

Peerless Price- 2004 Atlanta 12 29 458 38.2 15.8 50 2.2 21 2

Lee Evans- 2004 Buffalo 12 29 554 46.2 19.1 69 4.2 24 5

Same amount of catches. More Yards, More Yards per game. Better average. A full 2 yards better after the catch and more td's. Ones a rookie and ones been in the league for 6 years. WOW, and considering we got mcgahee out of that price deal. Simply leaves me speechless

Peerless Price- 2004 Atlanta 12  29 458 38.2 15.8 50 2.2 21 2

Lee Evans-      2004 Buffalo 12  29 554 46.2 19.1 69 4.2 24 5

Same amount of catches. More Yards, More Yards per game. Better average. A full 2 yards better after the catch and more td's. Ones a rookie and  ones been in the league for 6 years.  WOW, and considering we got mcgahee out of that price deal.  Simply leaves me speechless

155614[/snapback]

add to that, Evans WILL block on running plays and WILL make those catches in the middle of the field, plus he's a hard worker with great attitude, and probably WILL try to run a defender that just recovered a fumble on his way to the enzone.

Peerless Price- 2004 Atlanta 12  29 458 38.2 15.8 50 2.2 21 2

Lee Evans-      2004 Buffalo 12  29 554 46.2 19.1 69 4.2 24 5

Same amount of catches. More Yards, More Yards per game. Better average. A full 2 yards better after the catch and more td's. Ones a rookie and  ones been in the league for 6 years.  WOW, and considering we got mcgahee out of that price deal.  Simply leaves me speechless

155614[/snapback]

Alot of the blame lies on the QB who is NOT a pocket passer. He still has no clue what's he doing. I smell another incarnation of Randall Cunningham. :P

I think it's funny to read that we would be better off with a much more "athletic" guy under center.

Isn't this a team game?

and probably WILL try to  run a defender that just recovered a fumble on his way to the enzone.

155671[/snapback]

Ding ding ding we have a winner. That was one of the most disgraceful moments in Bills history. From Don Beebe running down Leon Lett from 40 yards away to save a touchdown in an unwinnable game, to Peerless Price jawing at Dewayne Washington from two feet away for 40 yards in a close game... that just symbolized how far the franchise had fallen in just a few short years.

I'm so glad he's gone.

My favorite Price number?  63 yards after the catch.  On 29 receptions.

Meanwhile, Evans has 122 YAC on the same number of receptions.

155700[/snapback]

That's pretty much to be expected from Pillow Soft Price. Dude never met a tackler he wouldn't duck under or run out of bounds from. I'm still waiting for him to throw his first meaningful NFL block on a running play.