Now can we all agree that Fitz is not the guy.

Nope...didn't see it..but I did see the Bills/Steelers game. I think the term "should have won the game" is a nice way of saying we lost. I stand by the position that the offensive line is the weakest part of the team which is an assessment based on pre-season and all of the games played so far.

The "should have won" referred to the perfect pass to Stevie Johnson that he dropped. It's not like the pass was defensed, he just dropped it, which is why I said the Bills shot themselves in the foot. And the larger point is they took the Steelers to OT, whereas the Ravens, considered one of the top teams, lost to them in regulation.

The O-line was a mess yesterday, and Bell couldn't handle Allen and was given no help. I don't know why, but that's what happened. And it's not like any other part of the team played well. IOW it was a total team meltdown.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fitz is the guy. More important is that our trenches are the biggest weak spot on the team and we need quality offensive and defensive linemen and linebackers more than anything. Drafting a qb would be like drafting a running back when you have a crappy team except for two running backs....ohhhhhh.....

OR we could draft a QB and sit him and build the o-line while our QB rides the bench and learns. Yeaaa. I like my idea better than yours. Why cant we draft a QB and develop a QB and build the o-line at the same time? Us getting a shot at a QB like that doesn't come often.

I agree Fitz is not the guy, but it certainly wasn't from today's performance. Fitz is playing at a "very good" level this season with a real bad team. The man has had many chances to start in the league, and has never really kept a starting job. There is a reason for that. He is a very "decent" quarterback. Teams that want to win need a FRANCHISE QB. The sooner we finally draft this guy, the sooner we can go through the growing pains, and build the team around him. It seems as though the Bills are always trying to STEAL that QB. Lets get Trent in the 3rd round, or JP after all the other good first round QBs are taken, waste a draft pick on Levi Brown in the 7th, try and get Brian Brohm in here maybe he will shock us. BITE THE BULLET AND DRAFT THE GUY THAT CAN LEAD THE FRANCHISE!! Does a top 3 pick guarantee us a GREAT QB?? No it doesnt. Does it make our odds a hundred times better?? YOU BET! Draft the guy, develop him, and try moving on. The Lions didnt have a great oline, the Rams didnt have a great oline, but amazingly they still draft the franchise QB when given the opportunity. That is how franchises turn around, and not by seeing who you can steal in the 5th round. Give me a break already.

Quite possibly the single greatest post in this or any other universe.

Of course I don't mean that. Just thought I'd put the topic out there because admit it - some of you are thinking it. IMHO no way you put todays debacle on Fitz.

To put things in perspective, I it hasn't looked like Peyton Manning is the guy when surrounded by inferior talent.

can we all agree that payton manning sucks? 2 interceptions by him today... wow this guy sucks, and look at last weeks game?! wow, this guy will never be a franchise QB. (sarcastic to the fullest)

Just 'cause you stole my sarcastic response, I'm gonna have to correct your spelling. It's P E Y T O N Manning...not Payton. Perhaps you're confused with Shawn Payton...or is that Sean? Dang...now I'm confused...thanx, er thanks!

I agree Fitz is not the guy, but it certainly wasn't from today's performance. Fitz is playing at a "very good" level this season with a real bad team. The man has had many chances to start in the league, and has never really kept a starting job. There is a reason for that. He is a very "decent" quarterback. Teams that want to win need a FRANCHISE QB. The sooner we finally draft this guy, the sooner we can go through the growing pains, and build the team around him. It seems as though the Bills are always trying to STEAL that QB. Lets get Trent in the 3rd round, or JP after all the other good first round QBs are taken, waste a draft pick on Levi Brown in the 7th, try and get Brian Brohm in here maybe he will shock us. BITE THE BULLET AND DRAFT THE GUY THAT CAN LEAD THE FRANCHISE!! Does a top 3 pick guarantee us a GREAT QB?? No it doesnt. Does it make our odds a hundred times better?? YOU BET! Draft the guy, develop him, and try moving on. The Lions didnt have a great oline, the Rams didnt have a great oline, but amazingly they still draft the franchise QB when given the opportunity. That is how franchises turn around, and not by seeing who you can steal in the 5th round. Give me a break already.

And the crowd moans, "GREAT...Bledsoe is hurt...now we gotta put in this 6th rounder. I wonder what this clown is gonna do?"

Edited by Enuf-is-Enuf

To put things in perspective, I it hasn't looked like Peyton Manning is the guy when surrounded by inferior talent.

I'll tell you what...I'll take Manning and you take Fitz and we'll see who wins faster OK?

Nothing like TBD entertainment... B-)

Chan is a supposed to be some QB and Offensive genius, and it took until yesterday's game to figure that out? If so he really was scraped from the bottom of the barrel.

But but Chan's the answer and and and he's the best coach we could have hired, better than Billick who won a superbowl and and the halftime adjustments and and and....

But but Chan's the answer and and and he's the best coach we could have hired, better than Billick who won a superbowl and and the halftime adjustments and and and....

:lol: Billick? :lol: The dude lost to Marla Marshall on Match Game PM in 1977, after which Richard Dawson remarked "Football: Failed. Game show: Failed".

The "should have won" referred to the perfect pass to Stevie Johnson that he dropped. It's not like the pass was defensed, he just dropped it, which is why I said the Bills shot themselves in the foot. And the larger point is they took the Steelers to OT, whereas the Ravens, considered one of the top teams, lost to them in regulation.

The O-line was a mess yesterday, and Bell couldn't handle Allen and was given no help. I don't know why, but that's what happened. And it's not like any other part of the team played well. IOW it was a total team meltdown.

When the O-line is bad, you go three and out and the defense spends most of the time on the fiel. When the O-line is at least mediocre as it was in the Steeler game, a Fitzpatrick (or gibbons or grerald or william)gets a chance to throw and Johnson gets a chance to drop a winning pass. Unless the O-line is fixed we go nowhere. The next thing is to get their offense of the field. That means get a great defensive front 7. Drafting a qb to ride the bench (and keep Spiller company I guess) is not the way to build a great team.

Just 'cause you stole my sarcastic response, I'm gonna have to correct your spelling. It's P E Y T O N Manning...not Payton. Perhaps you're confused with Shawn Payton...or is that Sean? Dang...now I'm confused...thanx, er thanks!

And the crowd moans, "GREAT...Bledsoe is hurt...now we gotta put in this 6th rounder. I wonder what this clown is gonna do?"

Classic! Fitz is the guy.. lets get the line fixed and all will be well in the world.

A few monster LBs wouldnt hurt either..

Classic! Fitz is the guy.. lets get the line fixed and all will be well in the world.

A few monster LBs wouldnt hurt either..

Amen Bro...surround Fitzwilly with some studs, & we'll be watching his beard grow for an extra month!

And RIP Dandy Don...you were awesome!

Drafting a qb to ride the bench (and keep Spiller company I guess) is not the way to build a great team.

Amen. This idea of drafting a QB high in the first round and sitting him for 2 years ain't gonna happen in the 21st century NFL. When you draft a guy that high, he plays, period. With the kindof scratch these guys hawl in you can't afford not to. So, that would put us right back where we were the last 4 years before this. Put the whole team on hold while the QB develops and gets used to the speed of the game etc.

Draft someone that plays a position we're not already decent at. There are plenty, OL, DL, LB ...

Fitz is ready. Put some talent around him and let's make a run at this thing.

When the O-line is bad, you go three and out and the defense spends most of the time on the fiel. When the O-line is at least mediocre as it was in the Steeler game, a Fitzpatrick (or gibbons or grerald or william)gets a chance to throw and Johnson gets a chance to drop a winning pass. Unless the O-line is fixed we go nowhere. The next thing is to get their offense of the field. That means get a great defensive front 7. Drafting a qb to ride the bench (and keep Spiller company I guess) is not the way to build a great team.

I don't disagree with you about the QB, and Luck figures to be taken by Carolina (although Newton, who is shooting up draft boards, could be an intriguing selection). But would you consider the Ravens' O-line "mediocre?" At home they only scored 10 points against the Steelers.

As for O-line, I've said they need a RT, unless Wrotto develops. I'm fine with Bell at LT, Levitre at LG, and Hangman, Wood, and Urbik fighting it out for the center and RG spots. But with Hangman and Urbik out, the O-line takes a major hit and depending on the severity of their injuries, the Bills may need to find their replacements.

Thanks for the kind words Gumby! Another thing I dont understand, is why people on this board are acting like we have no chance to draft Andrew Luck?? I'm no math teacher, but don't we have the second worst record in football? The Bengals are close and WONT draft Luck, and the Panthers are the team ahead of us and they MAY or MAY NOT draft him depending on how they feel about Clausen. Not sure why Andrew Luck is so far out of reach. Lastly, I am sure I will take heat for this but lets PLEASE DROP ALL OF THE PEYTON MANNING COMPARISONS! The man has a Super Bowl ring, wins his first 10 games of the season almost every year, is a sure fire hall of famer, and will hold every QB record EVER when he is finished. Lets please give it a rest already. It is the most ignorant discussion ever. Peyton does not even belong in a conversation with Jim Kelly LET ALONE Ryan Fitzpatrick.

Thanks for the kind words Gumby! Another thing I dont understand, is why people on this board are acting like we have no chance to draft Andrew Luck?? I'm no math teacher, but don't we have the second worst record in football? The Bengals are close and WONT draft Luck, and the Panthers are the team ahead of us and they MAY or MAY NOT draft him depending on how they feel about Clausen. Not sure why Andrew Luck is so far out of reach. Lastly, I am sure I will take heat for this but lets PLEASE DROP ALL OF THE PEYTON MANNING COMPARISONS! The man has a Super Bowl ring, wins his first 10 games of the season almost every year, is a sure fire hall of famer, and will hold every QB record EVER when he is finished. Lets please give it a rest already. It is the most ignorant discussion ever. Peyton does not even belong in a conversation with Jim Kelly LET ALONE Ryan Fitzpatrick.

Cosey...you may have missed the point that my beloved friend brenty was making. Nobody was comparing Fitzwilly to Peyton Manning. Just giving a shout-out to anyone that thinks the onus may be on Fitzwilly for our debacle in the dome... that even the great Peyton Manning can't get the job done when the supporting cast is wounded. That's as far as the comparison goes. I think every single person on this board would trade Fitz for Manning straight up.

2 things

1- I have a new source deep in SEC country. This source is sayign Cam Newton is NFL bound this year 100%. No word yet if that has anything to do with the NCAA violations but he is declaring is what I here.

2- The Bills are gonna trade for Tebow. The Broncos new coach likely wont like him when he already has a very good Orton. The Bills can trade on the cheap for they guy they wanted all along. Conspiracy!!!!