Jackson gets a new Agent

'64 Bills

Fred Jackson fired his previous agent and hired a new one this week. If this has been posted previously I apologize!

Fred was quoted as saying he wasn't happy with the extension he signed in 2009 and the way it was handled with the Bills. Let's be fair here. He's being treated by the Bills as a guy who is turning 30, has no big-time history in the NFL and is holding down the spot until CJ is ready to take over.

He's way too good to lose or make unhappy. Remember original free-agent Bills Pat Williams and Jason Peters?

If Fred thought he was getting screwed then he shouldn't have signed the deal he got. BOOOOO f---ing HOOOOOO.

I do not remeber the exact circumstances, but pretty sure Freddy was a exclusive rights type of guy, not quite sure he was a "free" agent. Freddie was making the minimum, Bills had all the leverage, and they used it.

Did the Bills have the right to do that..absolutely

Did they have to..no

Should the man be paid like other players of his ability ..yes

What that number is and what the differeance is in his salarey I do not follow close enough to know..but if they can be paying Kaelsey because he is part of the core, I gotta believe Freddie is just as important that room

Edited by plenzmd1

If Fred thought he was getting screwed then he shouldn't have signed the deal he got. BOOOOO f---ing HOOOOOO.

Then he should have the best year possible and when training camp comes if he doesn't have a new deal ask for a trade with a new deal or hold out. He is way more valuable to the team than Kelsey ever was. He was screwed.

I do not remeber the exact circumstances, but pretty sure Freddy was a exclusive rights type of guy, not quite sure he was a "free" agent. Freddie was making the minimum, Bills had all the leverage, and they used it.

Did the Bills have the right to do that..absolutely

Did they have to..no

Should the man be paid like other players of his ability ..yes

What that number is and what the differeance is in his salarey I do not follow close enough to know..but if they can be paying Kaelsey because he is part of the core, I gotta believe Freddie is just as important that room

"Though the financial details of the contract were not immediately available, the extension is considered far superior than the one-year, $460,000 tender the Bills offered Jackson to retain his rights this offseason."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4163858