Wikileaks under major attack

DrDawkinstein

DrDank doesn't seem to have an issue with him putting civilians in harms way, how about you?

Who is he putting in danger that the US Gov is not? He is not the one ordering troops to the front lines. Remember Bush's weapons of mass destruction? Obama's promise to get troops out ASAP? All the lies the US Gov has told us that have killed millions? Yeah. That's the danger. Imagine one day if a politician thinks, "Gee, I better rethink doing this because one day it could be found out on Wikileaks!" Wikileaks is not putting any danger on troops that these politicians aren't themselves. Go find me one one truly dangerous piece of info in that whole release. This is will really piss a lot of people off, but if a few more troops die as a result of this and in the end this works out for the better than I would be ok with that! There have been thousands of troops to die over such needless things as it is. Than again, I would pretty much carpet bomb the entire mideast.

I do not agree, though, that the banking industry should be a target. It is a private company, even though it is publicly traded. Stockholders are the only one who should be privy to the wikileaks findings, if anyone should.

Edited by jboyst62

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who is he putting in danger that the US Gov is not? He is not the one ordering troops to the front lines. Remember Bush's weapons of mass destruction? Obama's promise to get troops out ASAP? All the lies the US Gov has told us that have killed millions? Yeah. That's the danger. Imagine one day if a politician thinks, "Gee, I better rethink doing this because one day it could be found out on Wikileaks!" Wikileaks is not putting any danger on troops that these politicians aren't themselves. Go find me one one truly dangerous piece of info in that whole release. This is will really piss a lot of people off, but if a few more troops die as a result of this and in the end this works out for the better than I would be ok with that! There have been thousands of troops to die over such needless things as it is. Than again, I would pretty much carpet bomb the entire mideast.

I do not agree, though, that the banking industry should be a target. It is a private company, even though it is publicly traded. Stockholders are the only one who should be privy to the wikileaks findings, if anyone should.

Guess you missed this bit...

Link

A secret State Department cable released by WikiLeaks on Sunday, Dec. 5, provides in almost numbing detail a list of foreign critical infrastructure and key resources (CI/KR) vital to the national security of the United States. Though there's little in the way of analysis and no security information provided in the cable, it reads as a terrorist's holiday wish list.

The cable notes cobalt mines in Congo, munitions and chemical manufacturers in Germany, a smallpox vaccine plant in Denmark, Hitachi large electric power transformers in Korea, hydroelectric production in Quebec, and dozens of undersea cable landings around the world. It also includes strategically vital sea lanes such as Singapore's Straits of Malacca and Spain's Strait of Gibraltar; and key energy facilities, such as Russia's Nadym Gas Pipeline Junction ("the most critical gas facility in the world") and Qatar's Ras Laffan Industrial Center -- which the cable notes is vital because by "2012 Qatar will be the largest source of imported LNG [liquified natural gas]to U.S."

Those are civilian workers present in many of those places. Just people trying to make a living and doing nothing wrong in most people's minds. Not troops, not government installations, but regular businesses with regular people working there. Now that you know, how do you feel?

Here is another gem by Assmange® that adds to the evidence this guy is nothing but an asshat with delusions of grandeur.

Link

And when Assange’s autocratic leadership style was challenged by some staffers last year, he described his importance to the organization in no uncertain terms. “I am the heart and soul of this organization, its founder, philosopher, spokesperson, original coder, organizer, financier and all the rest.”

Edited by Booster4324

Guess you missed this bit...

Link

Those are civilian workers present in many of those places. Just people trying to make a living and doing nothing wrong in most people's minds. Not troops, not government installations, but regular businesses with regular people working there. Now that you know, how do you feel?

Here is another gem by Assmange® that adds to the evidence this guy is nothing but an asshat with delusions of grandeur.

Link

So, the heart and soul is the one paying the price right now. The only one who is on TV every day, on every channel.

You act like foreign governments do not know all of that information and that terrorists do not know that information, either. What on Earth is a terrorist organization going to do with information about Singapore's Straits of Malacca and Spain's Strait of Gibraltar? They cannot get a submarine to use these and all of those with access to submarines most likely already know this information thru use or spying.

All of this info is just a joke and the US Gov is acting like a bunch of drama queens. How would anyone not realize where such vital military targets are? Do you think Al Queda doesn't realize that there are 2 nuclear power plants within 35 minutes drive from Toledo that border Cleveland, Detroit and Indiana? I mean, this stuff is not that top secret. Don't drink the kool aid that this is all that bad. I am definately as whacko as ya'll call Connor but I just think people spend too much time listening to the Fox News and CNN than actually thinking for themselves.

So, the heart and soul is the one paying the price right now. The only one who is on TV every day, on every channel.

You act like foreign governments do not know all of that information and that terrorists do not know that information, either. What on Earth is a terrorist organization going to do with information about Singapore's Straits of Malacca and Spain's Strait of Gibraltar? They cannot get a submarine to use these and all of those with access to submarines most likely already know this information thru use or spying.

All of this info is just a joke and the US Gov is acting like a bunch of drama queens. How would anyone not realize where such vital military targets are? Do you think Al Queda doesn't realize that there are 2 nuclear power plants within 35 minutes drive from Toledo that border Cleveland, Detroit and Indiana? I mean, this stuff is not that top secret. Don't drink the kool aid that this is all that bad. I am definately as whacko as ya'll call Connor but I just think people spend too much time listening to the Fox News and CNN than actually thinking for themselves.

So I will put you down as a no. This might result in civilian loss of life. Neither Assmange®, you, or I know how this will play out. Plenty of those places are open to attack. You totally downplay the consequences of the civilian areas with the references to the least likely targets. I just hope it is Assmange® who is the only victim. In no way did publishing this info foster any more wide open information society. If anything, the consequences will be less communication with the various important people.

So you think if we stop having secrets and everything is out in the open the rest of the world is just going to say "cool, let's eat." ?

You don't think that there are enemies out there willing to kill you and me and with secrets out in the open it would be easier for them to do so?

Care to venture a guess how WWII may have turned out had our enemies known how far along we were the the atomic bomb?

Do you wish for rainbow farting unicorns for Christmas?

So I will put you down as a no. This might result in civilian loss of life. Neither Assmange®, you, or I know how this will play out. Plenty of those places are open to attack. You totally downplay the consequences of the civilian areas with the references to the least likely targets. I just hope it is Assmange® who is the only victim. In no way did publishing this info foster any more wide open information society. If anything, the consequences will be less communication with the various important people.

Consequences will never be the same herp herp derp. For what? Someone knowing where the Kinko's is in Alabama? Someone knowing that we have large dams in certain places? I mean, really, I get your point. I guess, you're right, I mean we do lack the ability to communicate on a big scaled network of other people to share information in any means capable! Imagine, a way you could talk to someone across the world to share insight, maybe even use video and voice, too. Seriously, do you not realize terrorists and foreign countries have spy satellites all over us, spies in the gov, etc? Do you not realize you can go to any number of websites and figure out about how many bombers we have at some base in timbuckto because some guy who likes planes counts them and puts them on his fan page? I mean, there are thousands of pages devoted to train spotting! What is so secret about this stuff? Spare me that we do not know what will happen because of this, because it is not at all important.

So you think if we stop having secrets and everything is out in the open the rest of the world is just going to say "cool, let's eat." ?

No, not at all. I think if the Government stops lying to the people we will live a much healthier life. We will be able to elect our officials accurately based on the truth, we'll get rid of Rangel's, Steven's, Obama's, Bush's, Palin's. All people who lie every bit they can.

You don't think that there are enemies out there willing to kill you and me and with secrets out in the open it would be easier for them to do so?

There are 2 million people who would love to kill me by torture in a second and that will never change, even if the world knows we found out the President of X is cheating.

Care to venture a guess how WWII may have turned out had our enemies known how far along we were the atomic bomb?

3 days passed in the time we dropped the first and second on Japan and they were not ready to back out. Did you know that Germany was very close, as well. If the war had gone on another year the German army could have had jet fighters.

Do you wish for rainbow farting unicorns for Christmas?

Yes, and you cannot ride Lucy, she's all mine.

Consequences will never be the same herp herp derp. For what? Someone knowing where the Kinko's is in Alabama? Someone knowing that we have large dams in certain places? I mean, really, I get your point. I guess, you're right, I mean we do lack the ability to communicate on a big scaled network of other people to share information in any means capable! Imagine, a way you could talk to someone across the world to share insight, maybe even use video and voice, too. Seriously, do you not realize terrorists and foreign countries have spy satellites all over us, spies in the gov, etc? Do you not realize you can go to any number of websites and figure out about how many bombers we have at some base in timbuckto because some guy who likes planes counts them and puts them on his fan page? I mean, there are thousands of pages devoted to train spotting! What is so secret about this stuff? Spare me that we do not know what will happen because of this, because it is not at all important.

No, not at all. I think if the Government stops lying to the people we will live a much healthier life. We will be able to elect our officials accurately based on the truth, we'll get rid of Rangel's, Steven's, Obama's, Bush's, Palin's. All people who lie every bit they can.

There are 2 million people who would love to kill me by torture in a second and that will never change, even if the world knows we found out the President of X is cheating.

3 days passed in the time we dropped the first and second on Japan and they were not ready to back out. Did you know that Germany was very close, as well. If the war had gone on another year the German army could have had jet fighters.

Yes, and you cannot ride Lucy, she's all mine.

I guess this ok with you as well.

Nato allies have drawn up a secret plan for defending several eastern European countries in the event of aggression by Russia for the first time since the end of the Cold War, diplomatic cables released by WikiLeaks disclose.

The plan, which is code-named Eagle Guardian, was secretly agreed in January and covers the defence of Poland, Estonia, Latvia, and Lithuania by troops from the US, Britain, Germany and Poland.

It expands an existing plan to cover the Baltic states and was initiated by Germany after years of diplomatic wrangling within the western alliance over the defence of the region.

The move was welcomed by Latvia and Estonia, cables sent back from those countries show. But Poland was concerned about having its security lumped in with the other states.

Diplomats from the US, which is supposed to be enjoying a "reset" in relations with Russia since the election of Barack Obama, stressed that the plan must be kept secret to avoid angering Moscow.

In a memo distributed in January 2009, Hillary Clinton, the Secretary of State, wrote: "The United States believes strongly that such planning should not be discussed publicly.

"A public discussion of contingency planning would also likely lead to an unnecessary increase in Nato-Russia tensions." Other cables show that the US has agreed to enhance Poland's defences against Russia by sending F16 fighter jets to the country and deploying naval forces to the ports of Gdansk and Gdynia.

However, another memo discloses the Polish government was furious that the much-vaunted US Patriot missile systems that have been rotated into the country earlier this year were not actually armed.

Face it, some of you are so entrenched in your views, that no matter how damaging the leaks are you will still overzealously defend wikileaks decision to post U.S classified intelligence.

Now explain to me how that there is jusified cause to post this particular piece of information.

Scumbags of the world, UNITE!

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/fasterforward/2010/12/4chan_knocks_mastercard_offlin.html

------------------------------------------------------------

I guess this ok with you as well.

Face it, some of you are so entrenched in your views, that no matter how damaging the leaks are you will still overzealously defend wikileaks decision to post U.S classified intelligence.

Now explain to me how that there is jusified cause to post this particular piece of information.

There's nothing I can, or want to say that jboy hasnt already said, and probably better.

Just like there is no convincing us that this is a bad thing, there is no convincing you that it's not so bad.

Edited by DrDankenstein

I don't believe anyone is disputing the release of this sort of information, at least I'm not. What we've said clearly on more than a couple occasions was the release of classified U.S intel should be off limits.

Did you not catch that part?

It's as if we are talking about topic A, then you post something that has to do with topic B, to disprove our point regarding topic A :wacko:

Edited by Magox

I don't believe anyone is disputing the release of this sort of information, at least I'm not. What we've said clearly on more than a couple occasions was the release of classified U.S intel should be off limits.

Did you not catch that part?

It's as if we are talking about topic A, then you post something that has to do with topic B, to disprove our point regarding topic A :wacko:

Not sure what part you're reacting to since you quoted the part that wasnt aimed at you... but anyways, I don't think anything should be off limits if thats the kind of site theyre trying to run. Once you start making categories of "Ok" and "not Ok" it ruins the entire thing. Post everything.

As jboy said, there isnt anything that these other countries and terrorists dont already know. WRT the Russia thing, so what? Someone needs to tell Russia "Well, given your past history, the smaller countries around you can't be too careful in case something crazy happens over there".

You act like these countries are run by 13 year old girls who have to lie and manipulate because they cant stand the truth. And if that IS the case, then they all need to be run out of power as it is.

Air it out.

Not sure what part you're reacting to since you quoted the part that wasnt aimed at you... but anyways, I don't think anything should be off limits if thats the kind of site theyre trying to run. Once you start making categories of "Ok" and "not Ok" it ruins the entire thing. Post everything.

As jboy said, there isnt anything that these other countries and terrorists dont already know. WRT the Russia thing, so what? Someone needs to tell Russia "Well, given your past history, the smaller countries around you can't be too careful in case something crazy happens over there".

You act like these countries are run by 13 year old girls who have to lie and manipulate because they cant stand the truth. And if that IS the case, then they all need to be run out of power as it is.

Air it out.

there isnt anything that these other countries and terrorists dont already know.
Wow! :wallbash:

Nothing should be off limits? Ok :rolleyes:

Edited by Magox

Air it out.

Italicized - So how do you feel about a Saudi prince using his influence to break the law? Sure they are dumb laws, but he did and they redacted his name. Sure seems to be making a choice to me...

Link

Bolded - That statement is absurd. Believe it or not, prior to this, we did manage to keep a lot of this stuff secret. Was some of it known? Sure, but there is no way everyone that we would be concerned about knew all of it.

Edited by Booster4324

Air it out.

Question. How would D-Day had turned out had the Germans known we were coming in through Normandy and not Calais?

Lets compare Russia to Michael Jackson.

Russia has a bad history and been caught in places it should not have been. So was Michael Jackson.

Russia is old and not looked or acted the same since the 80's, at the latest. Same with Michael Jackson.

Russia was an amazing power that the world could not deny. Same with Michael Jackson.

Russia got lucky it was not destroyed and forgotten. ...Michael Jackson.

Russia (USSR) is still doing well despite that it doesn't exist. ...Michael Jackson estate.

Russia had Ivan Draggo. Michael Jackson had thriller.

In my very goofy example you can draw the conclusion that once something with that much power fades you never look at them the same. Jackson is one of the best artists, ever, and he is still a complete nut job you wouldn't let your kids around. Russia is the same way. Both Jackson and Russia know how they are viewed. As long as you curtail to those little whims it propels that fear. "The best way to get rid of a dog is to give it a bad name," was a quote I heard today. You bash Russia enough, make us fear it, convince us of terror you give it a bad name.

You can accuse me of being entrenched in my views but I would rather be able to make my own viewpoints of the world based on real actions than have Bill O'Reilly lie to me, or Glenn Beck draw up a neat picture on a chalk board about Soros being the antichrist, or Wolf Blitzer waking up from a nap to babble something, or any other media figure. Whether you like it or not, a soldier is always the pawn of a large political machine sent to do things that many are too weak to do. These kids dying every day die to protect the lies and conspiracy that this nation embraces, letting the truth be known would not make their deaths in vain but give them purpose, the last of a dim-witted follow-the-leader society. This is the information age, embrace it.

PS: Why doesn't anyone get that all of these governments are inside each others servers and databases already, regardless of what is going on with WikiLeaks?

Question. How would D-Day had turned out had the Germans known we were coming in through Normandy and not Calais?

This response needed a seperate response. I thought the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

For real, back than, messages were being encrypted as quick as can be, and we did not even know when we were going to attack Normandy. We waited for many months for the perfect weather, conditions, etc, IIRC. We had 3 likely targets that we could attack and the Germans knew that, I do not remember them, though.

How would it have turned out? A lot different, but I think we would have still overcome the obstacle, Normandy was a blood bath the allies were bent on winning. Amazing day

Today, that type of information is not so secret to hide, with the satellites, the mass media, Geraldo mapping out plans in the dirt, social websites, and technology. Nothing is secret any more and only a fool would think otherwise. The only thing I can imagine that is secret any more is a submarine, because in most cases no one knows where the nukes are at any given time. Wikileaks is just another step in progression in what will a free-information society, for better or worse. Copyrights will mean even less in 20 years than they do now just like privacy. The government is as much in our home as ever and we should be even more in the governments.

You know, to compliment every one here - we are not the average American. We use the internet capably, follow the news, are probably above average inteligence, and are informed. The average American probably does not think like us or have the capacity to see what we do. Call me an elitist, but it is true.

consequences will never be the same, herp derp.

Anon is legion, they do not forgive, they do not forget. This is what I am telling you about the future. What is even more sad, Anonymous is not the actual do'ers of this, Anonymous is just a front and they have people running scared from everything, and that is just it. The goal is not to ruin peoples credit or use their card, their goal is to destroy Mastercard for determining where our money goes. I would tell you more but that only makes it more difficult on me.

I buy they are out to destroy Mastercard, but I would think they were out doing it for a sick joke. I highly doubt it is for some altruistic reason which will lead to this perfect society you dream of.

Lets compare Russia to Michael Jackson.

Russia has a bad history and been caught in places it should not have been. So was Michael Jackson.

Russia is old and not looked or acted the same since the 80's, at the latest. Same with Michael Jackson.

Russia was an amazing power that the world could not deny. Same with Michael Jackson.

Russia got lucky it was not destroyed and forgotten. ...Michael Jackson.

Russia (USSR) is still doing well despite that it doesn't exist. ...Michael Jackson estate.

Russia had Ivan Draggo. Michael Jackson had thriller.

That was lame