Jim/Thurman/Andre Headed Overseas

Gene Stallings and Bobby Bowden will coach.

"College Football Hall of Famer Gene Stallings will coach the other team, and former players who are taking part on the trip include Jim Kelly, Rodney Peete, LaVar Arrington, Zach Thomas, Thurman Thomas, Andre Reed, Antonio Freeman, Ron Dayne and Jevon Kearse."

As a retired military man myself, that is fantastic. Doesn't really surprise me, those guys are class compared to the majority of todays "stars." Maybe Steve Johnson should take a box of film from Andre's career and see how you play with class and act like you have been there before, not like the dumbass idiot he has been lately.

As a retired military man myself, that is fantastic. Doesn't really surprise me, those guys are class compared to the majority of todays "stars." Maybe Steve Johnson should take a box of film from Andre's career and see how you play with class and act like you have been there before, not like the dumbass idiot he has been lately.

Ummm...time may have softened your memories of Andre a little. He was anything but classy. In fact he was a bit of a douche.

Back then the Bills players actually played charity basketball games. I was in Auburn to see Steve Tasker (could dunk a ball flat-footed), Jerry Crafts, Jeff Wright and some other players including Reed. While the other players signed autographs and mingled with fans, Andre sat by himself pissing and moaning about having to be there. He's grown up a lot since but he was pretty immature in his playing days.

PTR

"College Football Hall of Famer Gene Stallings will coach the other team, and former players who are taking part on the trip include Jim Kelly, Rodney Peete, LaVar Arrington, Zach Thomas, Thurman Thomas, Andre Reed, Antonio Freeman, Ron Dayne and Jevon Kearse."

+100 'nuff said

Ummm...time may have softened your memories of Andre a little. He was anything but classy. In fact he was a bit of a douche.

Back then the Bills players actually played charity basketball games. I was in Auburn to see Steve Tasker (could dunk a ball flat-footed), Jerry Crafts, Jeff Wright and some other players including Reed. While the other players signed autographs and mingled with fans, Andre sat by himself pissing and moaning about having to be there. He's grown up a lot since but he was pretty immature in his playing days.

PTR

A few things on this post...

I met Andre while working at a pizzeria in Buffalo at about midnight on a Friday... He was feling no pain, but was very generous in signing some autographs for the peple working there. Just my run in with him, so I can't speak for how he was all the time.

Tasker... what a little athlete! I was at some kind of charity event Kelly hosted at UB's Stadium in 1992 or so. They were having a softball game there with a bunch of celebs and sports figures. Bruce Smith couldn't hit the ball out of the infiled, but Tasker was CRUSHING bombs into the temp seats they set up in the centerfield area about 350' away... way impressive!

Lastly, I am still a military guy... 22 years in the AF, and have had the pleasure of seeing/meeting some sports figures and celebs when they come visit us on our deployments, but have never been lucky enough to see any of the Bills players! Well, I know the Servicemen/women there will truly be honored to have those guys come over for a visit, and I know the celebs going over will not come back the same... they usually come back a bit humbled and blessed from the whole experience which is great for them.

Cheers!

thats awesome.... but are people forgetting kelly used to be a f*$*@*#$ jerk too from all the stories ive heard. he's even said himself that he grew up from hunter, now they go around speaking at churches and anywhere. good to hear athletes doing something positive though

Considering how athletes get treated growing up, especially star players, it's not surprising that some don't reach their emotional maturity until much later.

PTR

Very cool for the troops, when I was over seas during the first Gulf war we had the Dallas cowboy cheerleaders come over and and perform and hang out with us :thumbsup:0:)

After performing they asked who was a cowgirl fan and we went nuts, then they asked who was cowboy fans now and we all boo-ed that was classic and pretty funny.

I spent 2 years overseas when I was in the Air Force. The servicemen will definitely appreciate a visit from some former NFL greats.

:thumbsup: