Fitzgibbons is a Qualty QB

Bills99999

Guys,

I know back before the year started there was alot of discussion on whether the Bills should go after Michael Vick. Most folks were against it not only for moral reasons of what Vick did, but because we weren't sure whether or not he'd ever return to his more productive self. As it has turned out, he is even better than he was in Atlanta.

Given that, in looking at what both Vick and Fitzgerald bring to the table I am not convinced that Vick could have performed in Buffalo as well as Fitzy has this year. Although Vick has great escapability, it's his pocket performance and his ability to remain there that is making him great in Philly. For most of the year the Bills really have not had any pocket performance because if the ball isn't out very quickly it's not coming out. Fitzy's strength is his making quick decisions and getting the ball out. Holding the ball in the pocket is not an option in Buffalo. I'm not sure Vick would have done better than Fitzy on the Bills this year.

That said, as the team improves Vick would have certainly been a better long term QB solution, but right now I'm happy with Fitz.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys,

I know back before the year started there was alot of discussion on whether the Bills should go after Michael Vick. Most folks were against it not only for moral reasons of what Vick did, but because we weren't sure whether or not he'd ever return to his more productive self. As it has turned out, he is even better than he was in Atlanta.

Given that, in looking at what both Vick and Fitzgerald bring to the table I am not convinced that Vick could have performed in Buffalo as well as Fitzy has this year. Although Vick has great escapability, it's his pocket performance and his ability to remain there that is making him great in Philly. For most of the year the Bills really have not had any pocket performance because if the ball isn't out very quickly it's not coming out. Fitzy's strength is his making quick decisions and getting the ball out. Holding the ball in the pocket is not an option in Buffalo. I'm not sure Vick would have done better than Fitzy on the Bills this year.

That said, as the team improves Vick would have certainly been a better long term QB solution, but right now I'm happy with Fitz.

Does anyone know our QBs name? Fitzgerald is a WR for the Cardinals. Fitzgibbons is the QB for Buffalo.

Guys,

Your crazy! What make me right is you don't even know his got damn name! FITZPATRICK.... LMAO! But you say he's better for the bills than MV7...You deserve a sticker for best thread of 2010!