This is why we are 2-9

Bufcomments

You have only 2 choices of action:

1. Stop watching

2. Stop complaining and relax

Bitching and moaning from the fans doesnt change anything. Ever. Anywhere.

We've shown some major improvement in what was already a dead, horrible season.

Moving on to next week!

dude I love the Bills

Since I am a Bills fan over 30 yrs I have earned the right to vent...we have feelings.

We have improved sure, I love what Gailey is doing.

But I can vent and then recover then relax.. Im always pissed off after they lose...arent you?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, what were people expecting out of this season?

I wrote it off in training camp. All I wanted to do was watch the games on Sunday and pray the Bills made it entertaining. After 3+ years of Jauron putting me to sleep with his boring arse "Play not to lose" mentality and Captain Checkdown and his 2 yard outs, I really enjoy what the Bills are doing this year. They've taken teams like KC, Baltimore and Pitts to the limit and now teams don't look at the Bills and this "easy W". It's a far cry from when teams would actually LAUGH at Jauron's offense.

I'm seeing a lot of parallels to the 86 and 87 seasons. This team is trying to purge itself of its losing culture. It's going to take some time. Yes, I know it's been 10 years of futility but can you honestly say you felt good about this team at any point during the last 5 years like you do now?

I wrote it off in training camp. All I wanted to do was watch the games on Sunday and pray the Bills made it entertaining. After 3+ years of Jauron putting me to sleep with his boring arse "Play not to lose" mentality and Captain Checkdown and his 2 yard outs, I really enjoy what the Bills are doing this year. They've taken teams like KC, Baltimore and Pitts to the limit and now teams don't look at the Bills and this "easy W". It's a far cry from when teams would actually LAUGH at Jauron's offense.

I'm seeing a lot of parallels to the 86 and 87 seasons. This team is trying to purge itself of its losing culture. It's going to take some time. Yes, I know it's been 10 years of futility but can you honestly say you felt good about this team at any point during the last 5 years like you do now?

Yes– after they beat the Chargers at home to go to 5-1 two years ago. That's why it's hard for me to be confident in any Bills team until they clinch that playoff spot. I hope you are right, and I do feel good about the direction of this team, but I've gotten confident before and seen it all crumble.

that is why you should take it one game at a time rather than just having these big time expectations. It is too hard to predict anything in the NFL. You should never expect anything. The begining of the year, pretty much everyone thought we would be picking 1st in the Draft. Now it looks like we almost won't be. We don't know what is going to happen to this team in the short term or the long term. Hell, we might even have a new owner a year from now for all we know.

You have to take it a game at a time. If you don't, your thoughts and feelings are just going to be eratic and confusing.

Some bills fans are at least happy the team is improving each week and actually has the balls to scare superbowl contenders. No one expect THAT this season. Anyone that had these expecations of us having a winning record this season was truly living in a dream world.

and all the bull crap aside, that was one great football game to watch.

2-9 is worse than 7-9.... damn did i just say that ?

maybe they win out and go 7-9...who knows...

Maybe purging losing players like Evans, Whitner, ,McCargo, first round underachievers who have lost so much they are used to it...

I dont see it, we had Bruce, Dre, just had got Biscut. No we don't have that talent on hand as much as i would like to believe you.

Don't know about you guys but I'm mad. Mad that they are good enough to beat anybody they play, but find a way to lose.

No moral victories.... already seeing posts about Chan has this team playing better, Al Davis was right.... just win baby.

Tired of hearing about Kyle Williams for Pro Bowl when the Defense still cant stop the run. How is he going to the Pro bowl when they give up 150 or more a game on the ground??

Tired of hearing about Lil Donte getting a contract extension when he makes tackles 10 yrds down the field.

Why are we paying Lee Evans 9 mill a season but can't make a catch that can win you a game. When Fitz says Stevie is our go to guy... I think Lee should give back some the money he hasn't earned . David Nelson plays better than him. :wallbash:

Speaking of Stevie..he will be alright after he goes home and have a good cry.... he had his worst game of the season . But I still will take him over Lee anyday.

They had the Steelers beat. They clearly outplayed them in the second half. They have heart, character, still willing to fight. But I'm tired of losing, watching them every week find a way to lose.

You can easily see they are better coached football team.

Bottom line is they are 2-9. They just don't have enough talent yet. If they can get 2 or 3 more impact players like Troy P that can take over a game, we will be on to something .

But until then...we will watch them lose games they can win.

Buddy please hurry... we cant deal with this too much longer.

OK done venting :)

Completely agree. After a decade of this I'm in no mood to feel good about any moral victories - a win's a win and a loss is a loss - if you think we should be praised for playing well and still losing then I think Pop Warner may be your game - I hear they get snowcones and Sunny D just for playing hard.

Do I believe all is doom and gloom with this team? No way. I believe there are plenty of things to be hopeful and maybe even excited about. But we can't lose focus of the bottom line, and the bottom line is that this is the NFL where the big boys play and the only thing that matters is winning.

I see Bills fans who are so far removed from a winning culture that they are happy to revel in the positive things on this team, no matter how small. There have been so few real victories that they settle for moral victories and to go crazy over any players who show promise for surely they are the building blocks of the future. Except that the future never comes - the core never materializes, the Bills never get any better, our misses in talent far outweigh or hits and about the only thing we CAN root for are moral victories.

I'm desperately tired of people telling me that I should be happy for all the moral victories and the positives, that I should understand that these things take time to turn around (love that one - it's be a freakin' DECADE and counting) and that I have no right to complain. As a Bills fan of 40 years it's my RIGHT to be unsatisfied with what I see and to say something about it. I will not be told I'm not a real fan and the day I stop complaining about the things I don't like is they day I'll just hang it up and stop watching football altogether. I call BS on moral victories - just give me real wins.

That is why you draft and sign new talent in the offseason.

They will and Buddy got to get some players like Troy P, who can take over a game on D.

once we do we will be a great team...not just good because I think they are good now...

Completely agree. After a decade of this I'm in no mood to feel good about any moral victories - a win's a win and a loss is a loss - if you think we should be praised for playing well and still losing then I think Pop Warner may be your game - I hear they get snowcones and Sunny D just for playing hard.

Do I believe all is doom and gloom with this team? No way. I believe there are plenty of things to be hopeful and maybe even excited about. But we can't lose focus of the bottom line, and the bottom line is that this is the NFL where the big boys play and the only thing that matters is winning.

I see Bills fans who are so far removed from a winning culture that they are happy to revel in the positive things on this team, no matter how small. There have been so few real victories that they settle for moral victories and to go crazy over any players who show promise for surely they are the building blocks of the future. Except that the future never comes - the core never materializes, the Bills never get any better, our misses in talent far outweigh or hits and about the only thing we CAN root for are moral victories.

I'm desperately tired of people telling me that I should be happy for all the moral victories and the positives, that I should understand that these things take time to turn around (love that one - it's be a freakin' DECADE and counting) and that I have no right to complain. As a Bills fan of 40 years it's my RIGHT to be unsatisfied with what I see and to say something about it. I will not be told I'm not a real fan and the day I stop complaining about the things I don't like is they day I'll just hang it up and stop watching football altogether. I call BS on moral victories - just give me real wins.

Somebody gets IT

Thanks

Thats whats wrong with Bills fans...we love em too much, almost blind love but today I had to get it off my chest.

Tired of hearing about Kyle Williams for Pro Bowl when the Defense still cant stop the run. How is he going to the Pro bowl when they give up 150 or more a game on the ground??

Most of the runs were away from Williams, and when they were at Williams he limited their gains, got holding called on the OLine or stuffed them. Of course you aren't gonna make every play. Yeah the Steelers got a lot of yards, but they took 45 carries to get there. Anyone who runs the ball 45 times is gonna get a lot of yards, even if you are only averaging the normal 4.0 YPC. Bills put the Steelers in a number of 3rd and long plays because they stopped runs on the 1st 2 downs.

If you watched that performance by Williams and question how is he a pro bowler, either you don't know football, were smoking crack, are clueless, or a combination of the 3. The dude was getting double teamed and was shoving both players right back in Roethlesberger's face on passing downs. He got 2 sacks, a few stuffs and numerous holding penalties, since that was the only way the Steelers had an answer for him. That was a seriously dominant performance by an interior DLineman

Edited by matter2003

Most of the runs were away from Williams, and when they were at Williams he limited their gains, got holding called on the OLine or stuffed them. Of course you aren't gonna make every play. Yeah the Steelers got a lot of yards, but they took 45 carries to get there. Anyone who runs the ball 45 times is gonna get a lot of yards, even if you are only averaging the normal 4.0 YPC. Bills put the Steelers in a number of 3rd and long plays because they stopped runs on the 1st 2 downs.

If you watched that performance by Williams and question how is he a pro bowler, either you don't know football, were smoking crack, are clueless, or a combination of the 3. The dude was getting double teamed and was shoving both players right back in Roethlesberger's face on passing downs. He got 2 sacks, a few stuffs and numerous holding penalties, since that was the only way the Steelers had an answer for him. That was a seriously dominant performance by an interior DLineman

Dude..chill

Williams is a beast...he should be in the Pro bowl ,but he wont because we have the worst run D in the league...he is a part of that D no matter how good he plays.

that was my point...

Williams is a huge gift to help make up for all the 1st round losers we got. Our front 7 could have so much potential if we actually build around him.

Carrington seems like he could be showing some promise...not sure why it has taken this guy so long to get into the lineup..he looks like he can be a player...

They are good enough to outplay Balt, Pittsburg..the better teams in the league.

If they are playing above the paygrade that's coaching . They have some solid coaches, we need better players at 2 key places, DE and LB. They hang with these teams and hand them games , that what pissing me off.

We also have a mediocre starting QB and a mediocre offensive line.

I can relate to the misery of the losses as they pile up (year after year), but I still insist on seeing the positives in our play of late.

Consider the 5 games before the bye. We were getting beaten soundly - by an average of 14.8 points a game.

Since the bye, things are a lot better. 2 wins (admittedly against teams with weak records, but one of those had a huge come from behind victory). 4 losses, but they were ALL by 3 points, and 3 of those went to overtime. Those were NOT teams anyone expected us to even be competitive with, much less tie in regulation. Consider their records: Steelers (8-3 division leader), Ravens (7-3 contender), Chicago (8-3 division leader), Chiefs (6-4 division leader). We took all those teams to the brink. Yes we didn't win, but I'll take what I'm seeing post-bye as a serious sign of improvement.

Go Bills!

We also have a mediocre starting QB and a mediocre offensive line.

Still showing Fitz no love.....that was a major league pass that Stevie dropped. We dont need a QB...we need players to pair up with Williams on the D line, some playmaking LB's with Poz, another OLineman we will be ok.

Still showing Fitz no love.....that was a major league pass that Stevie dropped. We dont need a QB...we need players to pair up with Williams on the D line, some playmaking LB's with Poz, another OLineman we will be ok.

Fitz also threw a terrible interception and threw too many bad throws. I like the guy, but he isn't going to be a top ten QB. If we want to be the best, we need to get someone with more pontential to develop.

But I don't mind having fitz start for one or two more years at least while we develop a young guy. I think he might actually be able to take us to the playoffs. But I don't see him taking us all the way, which is what we SHOULD aim for.

And as bad as it is losing every year in every conceivable way, we Bills fans have to contend with selling a home game each year and the possibility this team won't exist after RW passes. There is no more dedicated fan base that is forced to deal with more on and off field failures.

Fitz is Frank Reich. I didn't say that I don't want him on the team. I agree about a couple guys on both lines and at LB.

Carrington seems like he could be showing some promise...not sure why it has taken this guy so long to get into the lineup..he looks like he can be a player...

I think he could be great for us and I liked the pick. I think that it will take a bit of time for him to actually reach his full potential, but I like what I am seeing. Personally, I think it looks like they are trying to work all of the rookies in slowly whether they outplay someone or not. I mean, I think carrington can outplay stroud at this point. So I guess the coaching staff just feels it is better to work the rookies in slowly rather than throwing them into the fire. I am not sure if I agree with that or not, but whatever. If next year Troup, carrington, and spiller contribute a lot, then I will for sure agree with them. But if they are mediocre or have trouble getting on the field next year, then I would be very worried.

But for me, it is too early to be hating on these rookies and how the coaching staff is handleing them. I want to see how they develop first.

And as bad as it is losing every year in every conceivable way, we Bills fans have to contend with selling a home game each year and the possibility this team won't exist after RW passes. There is no more dedicated fan base that is forced to deal with more on and off field failures.

It almost feels like prison. And every offseason is like we are up for parole but get denied. Then we get sent back to the cell. Then our lawyer (Russ Brandon) comes to us and says we just might get granted an appeal, but of course he is just blowing smoke so we pay him more money to fight a losing battle :(