Totally unimpressed by Mallet right now

The Big Cat

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just dont want to take a QB for the sake of taking one.......

If Luck is the only guy worth taking out of this frigging draft...then DONT TAKE A QB.....we have a servicable starter right now.....biuld up the defense....fix the RT spot....and draft one the following year.

For a Lakers fan, you make a lot of sense

I just dont want to take a QB for the sake of taking one.......

If Luck is the only guy worth taking out of this frigging draft...then DONT TAKE A QB.....we have a servicable starter right now.....biuld up the defense....fix the RT spot....and draft one the following year.

Since September 12th, The Senator has been saying...

Gabe Carimi

After Wisconsin's 83-20 blowout against Indiana last week (29-straight running plays) and today's 70-23 rout of Northwestern, all eyes will be on Gabe in the Rose Bowl - if it's an OT we want, we'll have to use our first-round pick to get Carimi.

Oy vey!

Did you watch the game?

EDIT: 13/23 for 320 yards. Two long catch and runs, one of 80 yards (suspect pass against a professional secondary) and one for 85 yards (two defenders took each other out).

take away those 165 yards and he's 11/21 for 155. Wow. Sweet stat line. And you people gripe about Fitz being 0.2% under 60...

And if Norwood angled his feet 2 degrees to the left, it's a field goal.

Nice that you picked up the Fitz stat BS since I've been saying that the 2-3% difference in completion percentage is meaningless.

320 yards. 3 TDs. Against the 5th ranked team in the country. And that's just one game.

I'm not saying the Bills should pick him. I just think it's funny any Bills fan dislikes him based on that performance and what we've seen the last 15 years at QB.

Mallet will be unlikely to declare after he isnt given a 1st round grade from the advisory commitee.

PS I bet that DE Bowers goes in the top 2-3 and we wont be trading down to get him. And no LT is worth a top pick bc they arent that great this year. Carimi/Love would look great at RT in rd 2 though. Maybe M. Austin in rd2 at DE.

No thank you.

I'd rather have Christian Ponder in the 4th.

All I needed to see was the game he gave to the Tide. Up by two touchdowns he turned it over twice, late, to end the Hawgs upset bid. When you have a tiger by the tail......

Edited by iinii

All I needed to see was the game he gave to the Tide. Up by two touchdowns he turned it over twice, late, to end the Hawgs upset bid. When you have a tiger by the tail......

I know exactly what you mean - I felt the same way about Luck when he blew the Oregon game in the last 2 minutes.

Mallet will be unlikely to declare after he isnt given a 1st round grade from the advisory commitee.

And that's just fine - take Gabe Carimi with the first-round pick, make the o-line even stronger, give Fitz all day to throw, then sit back and smile as he breaks every NFL passing record.

(There'll be a new TSW-darling QB every single year, and always better than the previous TSW-darling QB. After this year's BCS Championship game, it'll be Oregon's Darron Thomas that everyone drools over - and trust me, there'll also be at least one TSW idiot posting massive missives on why the Bills would do well to lose every game in 2011, just to get him!)

Edited by The Senator

I know exactly what you mean - I felt the same way about Luck when he blew the Oregon game in the last 2 minutes.

And that's just fine - take Gabe Carimi with the first-round pick, make the o-line even stronger, give Fitz all day to throw, then sit back and smile as he breaks every NFL passing record.

(There'll be a new TSW-darling QB every single year, and always better than the previous TSW-darling QB. After this year's BCS Championship game, it'll be Oregon's Darron Thomas that everyone drools over - and trust me, there'll also be at least one TSW idiot posting massive missives on why the Bills would do well to lose every game in 2011, just to get him!)

Carimi in the top 10? I love the guy but thats an enormous reach. On I do not like in the least. And no thanks to teh Oregon QB, .

Yes it has. But football games are longer than 2 quarters and LSU is a top 3-7 defense (#3 pass D). This isn't an easy game for anyone, nor should it be.

Mallet still threw a perfect pass on that TD. I think that has something to do with the 14 points they have put on the board. That was a quick and excellent drive.

I guess one man's perfect throw is another's "boy that rainbow would be eaten alive in the NFL". The windows in the NFL are a lot smaller. If you stripped a name of that QB, I thought he sucked.

Carimi in the top 10? I love the guy but thats an enormous reach. On I do not like in the least. And no thanks to teh Oregon QB, .

I disagree, especially after the Badgers 3 consecutive blowouts - Indiana 83-20(29 consecutive running plays), Michigan 48-28, and Northwestern 70-23.

Carimi one of three finalists for the Outland Trophy - Award given to nation's best interior lineman

In fact, after everyone sees him in the Rose Bowl, the Bills may have to trade up to get him in the 1st round!

(Since we'll be drafting somewhere between #12 - #15 spot B-) )

I disagree, especially after the Badgers 3 consecutive blowouts - Indiana 83-20(29 consecutive running plays), Michigan 48-28, and Northwestern 70-23.

Carimi one of three finalists for the Outland Trophy - Award given to nation's best interior lineman

In fact, after everyone sees him in the Rose Bowl, the Bills may have to trade up to get him in the 1st round!

(Since we'll be drafting somewhere between #12 - #15 spot B-) )

Are you convinced he can be a LT? Im not, I think he bends too much at the waist which gets him off balence. Plus the Bills may grade him lower bc Gailey is so pass happy and Carimis strength is teh running game. Dont get me wrong I would love for him to be manning the RT spot for us but I think we will pick no later than 9 and I dont think he is going to go any higher than Oher and Bulaga did.

And if Norwood angled his feet 2 degrees to the left, it's a field goal.

Nice that you picked up the Fitz stat BS since I've been saying that the 2-3% difference in completion percentage is meaningless.

320 yards. 3 TDs. Against the 5th ranked team in the country. And that's just one game.

I'm not saying the Bills should pick him. I just think it's funny any Bills fan dislikes him based on that performance and what we've seen the last 15 years at QB.

So, no?

You didn't watch the game.

You just looked at the stat line. Superb analysis.

Are you convinced he can be a LT? Im not, I think he bends too much at the waist which gets him off balence. Plus the Bills may grade him lower bc Gailey is so pass happy and Carimis strength is teh running game. Dont get me wrong I would love for him to be manning the RT spot for us but I think we will pick no later than 9 and I dont think he is going to go any higher than Oher and Bulaga did.

I agree with Thoner. Carimi is a RT/G at the next level. He has great physical strength, he just doesn't have the feet to play LT at the next level.And when he gets out of position in pass protection he tends to lunge, because he doesn't recover fast enough.

Haha, I'll give you a third chance to answer the question: did you watch the game?

Big Cat, dont you know college stats are the best way to evaluate QBs and project them to the next level? Thats why Graham Harrell, Chase Daniels, and Colt Brennan are on their way to HOF careers after putting up Monster #s in college. Heck, Thats why Brian Brohm was able to unseat Aaron Rodgers as the starting in GB and not the Bills 3rd string to start this season - he had better college stats than Rodgers so GB decided to draft him. After throwing for over 4000 yards, 29 TDs to 12 INTs, with 65% completion % GB knew he was the guy. (Mallet, with one game remaining, has just under 3600 yards, 30 Tds, and 11 INTs in the same college system Brohm played in, their production is nearly identical)

Stats are the only way to grade out QBs, which is why next years top prospect and likely #1 overall pick is Mallets backup, Tyler Wilson, who in 1 half vrs the #2 team in the country Auburn, threw 332 yards and 4 TDs!!! Thats over 850 yards and 8 TDs if he played the whole game!!!! I cannot figure out why He doesn't start over Mallet - Mallet has never come close to those #s. Since #s are all that matters Tyler Wilson should start over Mallet and we should trade up to draft him #1 overall next year!!!!! :ph34r:

I agree with Thoner. Carimi is a RT/G at the next level. He has great physical strength, he just doesn't have the feet to play LT at the next level.And when he gets out of position in pass protection he tends to lunge, because he doesn't recover fast enough.

IMO Carimi is ar RT, but not as good coming out as Bulaga and Oher were. They went 23-24 overall. Carimi in more of a Phil Loadholt type guy, although Carimi is better. Loadholt went 54th overall which is the 22nd pick in the 2nd round. Both of those drafts where much stronger at the T position than this draft, so that makes me think he will be over-drafted

Even still I think he could go anywhere from 27th overall to 42nd overall. That would be my prediction. We will be right at the end of that range so maybe he is still around.

I say no worries !! Nix is smart enough to see he has a QB to build around --- That's not saying he will be our future for the next ten years or more i'm just saying to build around . Meaning this year they will focus on building the D through the draft this coming year why because every body knows Defense Wins Championships !!

I think Luck will not declare this year for the draft & will stay in school , so that will give us next year to fill out the D while Fitz carries us next year and then the following when Luck does come out he will see the Bills with a better record & better players giving him more of a reason to not, not want to go to a team like the Bills .

Then when Luck does come here we will have our future rapped up Fitz can teach Luck & after he teaches him what he knows we'll have the best back up plan we can have .....