I thought the mosque in NYC "wasnt part of Ground Zero"

RkFast

Doh! :doh: The mosque builders are either complete idiots, or, they are as cynical as possible.

Applying for 9/11 rebuilding $$$? WTF? Are they trying to get owned? Or, do they think that they are entitled to it, or worse, do they think that we are just too weak to refuse to let this nonsense continue?

Once again, I call BS on this thing being a "community center", since it has no "community" that requires it. The simplest explanation is that this is about proving to us that they can do whatever they want with impunity. How else can you explain applying for 9/11 funds, while telling us that they aren't near ground 0, at the same time?

Edit: It will be highly entertaining to see GG and Tom try to defend their already weak-ass position in light of this new development. :D I doubt they will even try very hard.

Edited by OCinBuffalo

:lol: You're an idiot. By the ridiculous argument you seem to be making here, Chinatown should be considered Ground Zero because the LMDC gave them $7M too.

I've worked for two different companies that received "9-11" grants from the LMDC. Amazingly, neither was located at Ground Zero, unless 'Ground Zero' now extends to the South Street Seaport as well as Chinatown.

:doh:

Rk -- This was a really conneresque attempt to revive this pathetic issue.

Edited by KD in CT

Evidently, some dont agree....the developers.

Defend it GG and Tom....give it your best shot.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/manhattan/gz_mosque_in_cash_grab_zgPtEj6W8mPjB9WTTwIxUN

I know it's before 10AM, so has Tom called you an idiot yet?

Let me see, defend this one - Lower Manhattan Development Corp = Ground Zero? Really?

Why go on your own fact finding mission, when there are others who will gladly point out how ridiculous you look:

Lower Manhattan Development Corporation (LMDC) will administer the Lower Manhattan Community and Cultural Enhancement Program (Program) to provide up to a total of $17 million in grants through a competitive process to not-for-profit and government organizations engaged in cultural or community programs or projects that benefit the residents, workers, and communities of Lower Manhattan. Lower Manhattan as defined by LMDC is the entire area of the island of Manhattan south of Houston Street.

Ah...Tom goes right to the name calling. For a "smart" guy, to rely on such a tactic...... Lame.

The idea that becuase of the fact that any business in lower manhattan can apply for these funds is completely irrelevant. YOU and your ilk stated that "this center isnt part of ground zero, has nothing to do with ground zero, nor has any connection whatsoever to 9/11." YOU said those things and made those points.

You cannot say "we arent part of 9/11" and then apply for money set aside to rebuild businesses affected by 9/11.

Period.

You lose.

Ah...Tom goes right to the name calling. For a "smart" guy, to rely on such a tactic...... Lame.

The idea that becuase of the fact that any business in lower manhattan can apply for these funds is completely irrelevant. YOU and your ilk stated that "this center isnt part of ground zero, has nothing to do with ground zero, nor has any connection whatsoever to 9/11." YOU said those things and made those points.

You cannot say "we arent part of 9/11" and then apply for money set aside to rebuild businesses affected by 9/11.

Period.

You lose.

Yes, connor. You are right. We lose.

Period.

You lose.

:lol: Oh, lordy.

Period.

You lose.

Debating and name-calling are not mutually exclusive. I can very easily call you an idiot AND debate your sorry ass into the ground. I am that good.

And where are you getting the idea that it's 9/11 rebuilding funding they're applying for. Oh, that's right...from a HEADLINE, that isn't even an accurate description of the story, much less the LMDC and its funding principles. Again...if it's Ground Zero funding, then why the hell is Chinatown getting it?

Yes, connor. You are right. We lose.

Make that font even bigger. He has his cycling helmet on over his rock head. It will take a while for your post to penetrate.

Lower Manhattan Development Corporation (LMDC) will administer the Lower Manhattan Community and Cultural Enhancement Program (Program) to provide up to a total of $17 million in grants through a competitive process to not-for-profit and government organizations engaged in cultural or community programs or projects that benefit the residents, workers, and communities of Lower Manhattan. Lower Manhattan as defined by LMDC is the entire area of the island of Manhattan south of Houston Street.

As the kids say, pwned.

• 2 months later...

I know it's before 10AM, so has Tom called you an idiot yet?

Let me see, defend this one - Lower Manhattan Development Corp = Ground Zero? Really?

Why go on your own fact finding mission, when there are others who will gladly point out how ridiculous you look:

South of Houston Street? Doesn't he play for the Rockies? Isn't that a bit of a moving target?