Three guys the Bills need to extend

nodnarb

1. Terrence McGee. The more I watch of this guy, the more I realize that it's not far fetched to say that there's a good possibility that we're witnessing the early days of greatness at KR. It's ironic that Bobby April reared two of the all time great returners, Sanders and Woodson. This third one is definitely a charm. He has that uncanny knack, that rare vision and speed that those guys had in their prime. Lock him up. He can only help this team's chances in the future.

2. Clements. Big, physical corners with great hands who love Buffalo and have no off field issues are difficult to find. Clements has made his share of boneheaded plays, not the least of which is the failure to win the first game for us with a simple knock down, but he's a top 12 corner in this league, at least. Lock him up.

3. Jonas Jennings. We give him schitt for getting knicked up a lot, but he has never missed long stretches of time. He plays hurt. And he plays well. When was the last time you saw Jonas get just flat burned? He's been Soooo solid for us against our critical AFC East matchups, Abraham and Taylor. He's consistent, smart, unselfish, and has great character. LTs like that are one of the hardest guys to find. Lock him up.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Terrence McGee. The more I watch of this guy, the more I realize that it's not far fetched to say that there's a good possibility that we're witnessing the early days of greatness at KR. It's ironic that Bobby April reared two of the all time great returners, Sanders and Woodson. This third one is definitely a charm. He has that uncanny knack, that rare vision and speed that those guys had in their prime. Lock him up. He can only help this team's chances in the future.

2. Clements. Big, physical corners with great hands who love Buffalo and have no off field issues are difficult to find. Clements has made his share of boneheaded plays, not the least of which is the failure to win the first game for us with a simple knock down, but he's a top 12 corner in this league, at least. Lock him up.

3. Jonas Jennings. We give him schitt for getting knicked up a lot, but he has never missed long stretches of time. He plays hurt. And he plays well. When was the last time you saw Jonas get just flat burned? He's been Soooo solid for us against our critical AFC East matchups, Abraham and Taylor. He's consistent, smart, unselfish, and has great character. LTs like that are one of the hardest guys to find. Lock him up.

154409[/snapback]

Great Post.

I agree with all three. Especially with Jennings, although he will be the hardest one to retain. It will be totally up to Jonas though, he knows the cap better than most GMs, if he wants to be in Buffalo, he will find a way to get it done. If not, then he will be a Falcon next year.

I think Nate will be locked up in the offseason. He isn't going anywhere.

I know TD tried to extend TM earlier this season (before the signing bonus got rolled over to '05) and had a 7 figure signing bonus on the table. However TM balked because of the length of the deal. He will be resigned I think, but I don't think it will happen till after '05 when he is a RFA.

154409[/snapback]

Excellent post. I agree on all three. Does anyone know how long we have signed Shelton for? I loved Sam Gash but in his second time around I noticed father time had crept up on him. Getting Shelton payed off big for TD

Finally someone with a friggen clue! Thank you nodnard. While I think McGee will never be a great corner he can be adequate but his return skills alone make him a keeper for a while. I agree totally with the other two player comments and only am bothered by Clements "playmaker" sign over his locker. Extend these three and hopefully Pat too and draft a G or C, CB, RB and things look good for years.

Finally someone with a friggen clue! Thank you nodnard. While I think McGee will never be a great corner he can be adequate but his return skills alone make him a keeper for a while. I agree totally with the other two player comments and only am bothered by Clements "playmaker" sign over his locker. Extend these three and hopefully Pat too and draft a G or C, CB, RB and things look good for years.

154422[/snapback]

I doubt any of them will resign unless they are willing to take less than the market. TD does not like to resign his players, but rather try to find bargin players.

I doubt any of them will resign unless they are willing to take less than the market.  TD does not like to resign his players, but rather try to find bargin players.

154427[/snapback]

Please, give me a detailed analysis of his draft choices Extended and choices Not Extended. Please (try to) back up what you're trying to say.

Dead on nod. There are not a lot of holes on this team right now if we can get these three done. We have some money to invest in the offseason--and for the first time in a long time--the smartest investment is probably in extending our own guys--that's a really nice feeling.

I am a little concerned about losing Pat Williams--if you can't stop the run, you are not going to have a good defense and I still have vivid memories of the time between the exit of Washington and the entrance of Adams when we were mauled in the middle...you need two hogs--not just one. Is Edwards ready to step into that role? and will Anderson be ready to be the third guy?

Look at the extensions the last couple of years--we have made some good moves--

1) Ross Tucker-3 years I think right before this season

2) Ron Edwards--another year on the cheap

3) Travis Henry--the low cap figure for next year makes him VERY attractive if the Bills decide to move him

4) Brian Moorman--great punter--good value--legendary track athlete like Ice :blink:

The only misstep was Marques Sullivan and it didn't really hurt that bad.

Please, give me a detailed analysis of his draft choices Extended and choices Not Extended. Please (try to) back up what you're trying to say.

154458[/snapback]

Let me see....in Pittsburgh his two big ones I can think of are:

Woodson -Let him go to Baltimore

Greene - Let him go to Carolina

Sam Rogers

Antowain Smith

John Holecek

Sam Cowart

Bryce Fisher

The names go on to the players who were drafted by Buffalo and never resigned by TD.

Let me see....in Pittsburgh his two big ones I can think of are:

Woodson -Let him go to Baltimore

Greene - Let him go to Carolina

Sam Rogers

Antowain Smith

John Holecek

Sam Cowart

Bryce Fisher

The names go on to the players who were drafted by Buffalo and never resigned by TD.

154484[/snapback]

Oh, man....how easy is this?

Woodson - (he was beaten up at the time and wanted merc dollars. Big deal)

Greene - Let him go to Carolina (are you talking about Joe Greene? BWAHAHAHA! Donahoe wasn't even in charge of the gatorade back then!)

Sam Rogers - OVERRATED, inflated Butler contract that he wasn't worth. Never made another play in the NFL.

Antowain Smith - Any player in Belichick's hands fares better.

John Holecek - OVerrated player, inflated Butler contract that he wasn't worth. Never made another play in the NFL.

Sam Cowart - coming offf an injury, never was the same. BEST DECISION IN HIS FIRST YEAR. Where's COwart now? He's healthy and riding the pine in NJ. Wake up.

Bryce Fisher - BWAHAHAHAAA! oh, man...you're hilarious.

The one tough release he HAD to make was TEd Washington...but to spare the team's cap, it had to be done. He rebuilt the team from scratch, and it's a far better team than anything Butler assembled.

(Polian assembled the superbowl teams)

154409[/snapback]

That's not the meaning of irony. Irony is when something happens that is the exact opposite of what you'd almost surely expect to happen. Like, the Pope admitting on his deathbed that he was a pagan the whole time. April developing another good returner isn't entirely unexpected.

Grammar lesson over, McGee is one of the best kick returners I've ever seen. The article on the TBD frontpage says that he limps in practices during the week but brings it on gameday. He's injured and he's doing all this? We can only hope that he isn't like the Chiefs returner who burned it up last year and now this year he's been so good that I can't even remember his name.... TD needs to lock him up. If he hits the RFA market, someone will gladly give up a 4th rounder for him.

Also agree on Clements. Nice post. As for Jennings, I'm just not convinced he's worth the offers he's likely to get elsewhere. Buffalo is not his first choice, it's just where he went in the draft. He hasn't grown into the area and longs for Ga. Buh-bye.

That's not the meaning of irony. Irony is when something happens that is the exact opposite of what you'd almost surely expect to happen. Like, the Pope admitting on his deathbed that he was a pagan the whole time. April developing another good returner isn't entirely unexpected.

True, but it's obviously acceptable to be a bit lazy in a fan message board, no?

Grammar lesson over...

Actually, that issue had nothing to do with grammar.

Usage lesson over... :blink:

Agreed with your post Nodnarb. Well backed as well. I also feel as the previous poster said that PW is as important as the three you mentioned. That defense is built from the inside on out to the LB's and EVERYTHING that goes on from down to down is dependent on the 2 boulders we have in SA and PW. Edwards is improved and even great on passing downs but still does little to resemble PW vs. the run.

No way on Jonas. Pat Williams is more important to this team than most of those players, especially Jonas Jennings. In a choice btwn Pat and Jennings, the decision is easy. You go with the anchor of your defense.

I agree that keeping all four would be huge but if we had to let go of either PW or jonas, you would have to make a decsion who is more ready to start between marcus price or ron edwards (possibly tim anderson). Seeing that our depth is weaker at OT, I would make an attempt to keep jonas first.

Solid O-Linemen are easier to find than dominating tackles. Pat Williams is a DOMINATING tackle. And you don't let dominating players go.

Jonas is good, but not as good as Pat.

Send him packing and find a solid replacement.

I agree that keeping all four would be huge but if we had to let go of either PW or jonas, you would have to make a decsion who is more ready to start between marcus price or ron edwards (possibly tim anderson). Seeing that our depth is weaker at OT, I would make an attempt to keep jonas first.

154544[/snapback]

Oh, man....how easy is this?

Woodson - (he was beaten up at the time and wanted merc dollars. Big deal)

Greene - Let him go to Carolina (are you talking about Joe Greene? BWAHAHAHA! Donahoe wasn't even in charge of the gatorade back then!)

Sam Rogers - OVERRATED, inflated Butler contract that he wasn't worth. Never made another play in the NFL.

Antowain Smith - Any player in Belichick's hands fares better.

John Holecek - OVerrated player, inflated Butler contract that he wasn't worth. Never made another play in the NFL.

Sam Cowart - coming offf an injury, never was the same. BEST DECISION IN HIS FIRST YEAR. Where's COwart now? He's healthy and riding the pine in NJ. Wake up.

Bryce Fisher - BWAHAHAHAAA! oh, man...you're hilarious.

The one tough release he HAD to make was TEd Washington...but to spare the team's cap, it had to be done. He rebuilt the team from scratch, and it's a far better team than anything Butler assembled.

(Polian assembled the superbowl teams)

154507[/snapback]

I believe he was referring to KEVIN Greene.

True, but it's obviously acceptable to be a bit lazy in a fan message board, no?

Actually, that issue had nothing to do with grammar.

Usage lesson over...  :blink:

154529[/snapback]

Actually, there is a touch of irony in Bobby April. He was let loose as a scapegoat by St. Louis last year. Now he is in charge of the best ST in the NFL? I believe that is irony -- especially from the perspective of the Rams who got beat by TM's returns.