In Fitzy We Do Trust

jdubs

I'm getting a wee bit tired of all this drafting Andrew Luck talk when I think we already have our QB.

Luck hasn't even thrown an NFL pass yet, let alone that he's coming out for the draft. He could turn out like JaMarcus Russell. He is an unknown at this point.

1. Why take another gamble when it's obvious that Fitz is working for us? QB's are notorious for being hit or miss and we have other holes to fill that can be a "can't miss" pick.

2. Fitzy has "it" - the intangibles, the moxie, the brains, athleticism, and a good arm. The guy is fearless and will take the gamble to make the play. So he's not accurate. Brett Farve wasn't accurate either but will probably be in the hall of fame as arguably the best quarterback of all time. I think Fitz will only get better the more time he gets. Even Drew Brees in SD wasn't that great, look at him now.

Fitz is our guy and we should be behind him 110%. He has given us hope and the will to win when we've had nothing but indecisive quarterbacks and losing seasons for as long as I can remember. He may throw some ill timed picks, but he's shown you cannot knock us out.

Screw Andrew Luck, let someone else take the gamble.

I'm getting a wee bit tired of all this drafting Andrew Luck talk when I think we already have our QB.

Luck hasn't even thrown an NFL pass yet, let alone that he's coming out for the draft. He could turn out like JaMarcus Russell. He is an unknown at this point.

1. Why take another gamble when it's obvious that Fitz is working for us? QB's are notorious for being hit or miss and we have other holes to fill that can be a "can't miss" pick.

2. Fitzy has "it" - the intangibles, the moxie, the brains, athleticism, and a good arm. The guy is fearless and will take the gamble to make the play. So he's not accurate. Brett Farve wasn't accurate either but will probably be in the hall of fame as arguably the best quarterback of all time. I think Fitz will only get better the more time he gets. Even Drew Brees in SD wasn't that great, look at him now.

Fitz is our guy and we should be behind him 110%. He has given us hope and the will to win when we've had nothing but indecisive quarterbacks and losing seasons for as long as I can remember. He may throw some ill timed picks, but he's shown you cannot knock us out.

Know what the biggest problem is with hindsight? You can't do anything about it.

I agree with you that Fitz is doing great, but I wouldn't be opposed to grabbing a QB like Luck for the future. The guy would most likely be sidelined watching/learning next season anyways. The problem is, as you said, some rookie qbs draft high and bust early. But you have absolutely no way of knowing whether that would be the case. In the case of Russell, I doubt anyone seen the bust that would be. Look at the Mannings and the things they have done?

Do you have any idea whether Luck will be a Russell or a Manning? I sure don't but the gamble would be worth the effort considering what an elite QB will do for a team.

That having been said, I love Fitz. I love the way he plays, the way he talks and the guts he shows every week.

Though during the draft, come our turn, he'll be at home saying to his family...."Should we stand up for this one?"

Fitz is either the greatest thing that has happened to the Bills franchise in a long time or the worst thing. We'll know in two or three years. He's either going to continue to improve and hopefully hone his accuracy a bit (he'll never be Brady, though), or he's going to be a one-year wonder that knocked the Bills out of prime drafting position and delayed their opportunity to draft a franchise QB. Nobody can say for certain which way this will go yet. But he has made the 2010-11 season interesting and certain games very exciting to watch so we'll owe him a debt of gratitude regardless.

Well said Jdubs!!

It'd be crazy not to be behind Fitz.

And Luck, looks like the real deal, but moot point. We will not be drafting high enough to take Luck anyway. time to move on.

How bout some of those top D-linemen?

Oh, and I wouldn't worry about drafting Andrew Luck at this point.

So many things have to happen.

Fitz would have to play poor the rest of the season and have his coaches and teammates fall out of love with him.

The Bills would have to somehow catch Carolina and hold off Cincinnati and others for the #1 overall draft pick.

Luck would have to declare.

Too many things have to come together and Andrew Luck in a Bills uniform is a pipe dream at this point. A pipe dream that I used to have but not anymore. I'm letting go. Fitz is the QB of the future now, for better or worse.

Now let's draft some offensive linemen. How's Derek Sherrod looking?

Well said Jdubs!!

It'd be crazy not to be behind Fitz.

And Luck, looks like the real deal, but moot point. We will not be drafting high enough to take Luck anyway. time to move on.

How bout some of those top D-linemen?

I'm glad you brought that up. I would very much like to see them draft Robert Quinn DE form UNC. The guy is an absolute monster. Seriously, watch some film on this guy and you will be sold. He's big and athletic enough to play either DE or OLB in the 3-4. The guy reminds me a lot of Julius Peppers. Sick!! If he had not been suspended this season for a STUPID NCAA violation, he would be a sure-fire top five pick.

Edited by Captain Winkie

Ever think we could, say...have both on the team for a while?

Fitz is the best quarterback we've had in here in a long time. I say lets stick with him for a bit, see what happens, and try to get someone else in the later rounds/for cheap and have them waiting in the wings for when fitz decides to retire (see: aaron rodgers/favrebrettfavre)

This season has suddenly become exciting. 8-8 seems reachable now, complete with spoiling some playoff hopes along the way. Lets keep the same quarterback for 2 consecutive years, shall we? no more "quarterback race" during camp. Give the team some consistency for once.

Assuming the Bills win at least one more game, Luck will be a non issue. He will go in the top 2, likely number 1 overall and so when the Bills pick (currently they'd be 4th) he'll be gone, IF he even declares for the draft. With that in mind I think the Bills will likely be taking a DE with their top pick, and trying to grab whoever falls (Mallett, Locker, Newton etc) at the top of the second round. Given that Fitz can provide an excellent bridge and mentor, at the worst, and might actually be capable of being "the guy" himself Bills fans should be pretty happy with this scenario.