Keep an Open Mind

JESSEFEFFER

the problem is that before this season fitz had 21 td's to 27 int's so people are wondering if this is an apparition. derek anderson had a nice year a couple years back and there have been other qb's with solid seasons that have made people wonder.

Fitz has even came out and said that some of the throws he is making now he would have even attempted before is a result of the game time he has been recieving on Sundays.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will you guys forget about Luck? The Bills are not going to get him because they are no longer the bottom dwellers in the league and he will not be coming out next April anyway.

Like I said a month ago, it's way too early to be talking about who the Bills should draft. A lot can and will happen before this season ends.

I like the way Fitz is playing. He takes occasional chances, he's fearless and he's got the respect of his teammates. One thing that impressed me this game, was that he didn't seem to have a tired arm late in the game (as he been apparent in the past). Other observations:

1. Kelsay continues to play better at defensive end.

2. Fred Jackson's last two games should silence those who wondered if he was starting to decline.

3. Steve Johnson continues to show he has the ability to be a solid receiver.

Fitz reminds me of Rich Gannon but I have no time to go back and look at stats. Gannon was a journeyman with an average arm until mid-career when he had learned enough to be a decnet qb and got in the right system and was great for about five years. He had heart and learned how to win. Why can't Fitz just be figuring it out at age 27? He's been with some really bad teams don't forget. With Gailey and Fitz the O is good enough. Fix the D and we might be good enough to challenge.

For the offensive philosophy that the Bills are currently employing, Fitz is doing a fantastic job.

The question is, did Gailey and crew design this offense solely based on personnel? That was a strong point in him becoming the new head coach.

The reason that I ask this, is because if Gailey is employing our current attack because it's all that we've got strength-wise, will it be scrapped in 1-2 seasons when we hopefully have more talent?

If that does happen, what would a different style of play and formation do to Fitzy?

Fitz looked awfully pedestrian with Mauron. That bread-and-butter offense was a hinderance. Hearing the coaches and players talk, it sounds like Fitz has some degree of authority out there to call his own plays ala a mini-K-gun. I read recently where he was the reason things turned around against Detroit in the 2nd half, because he was calling the plays.

We might be on to something here. I think Fitz, in this offense, can be the leader we need for the next 2-5 seasons.

I just don't know if we stay with this style of offense as we get better.

Fitz reminds me of Rich Gannon but I have no time to go back and look at stats. Gannon was a journeyman with an average arm until mid-career when he had learned enough to be a decnet qb and got in the right system and was great for about five years. He had heart and learned how to win. Why can't Fitz just be figuring it out at age 27? He's been with some really bad teams don't forget. With Gailey and Fitz the O is good enough. Fix the D and we might be good enough to challenge.

I agree. Gannon was a nobody in Minnesota, and did not become a big time player until he found Rice and Brown in Oakland.

Why not Fitz?