Some Observations

Stussy109

1) Kyle Williams was off the hook in the first half, played like a pro bowler

2) Donte Whitner played like a pro bowler the whole game. Laid some nice hits, played good in coverage, caused Megatron to have alligator arms on a big 4th qrtr play

3) Freddie J fights for every yard

4) Suh who? Good job Wood

5) They have Kelsay playing DE about 60% of the time and he looks MUCH more comfortable there.

6) Arthur Moats applied a lot of pressure and forced some throws

7) After that wide open completion to the slot receiver on 4th down in the 4th quarter for 20 some yards, you could see Florence chewing out Reggie Corner who must have missed his assignement.

8) Fitzpatrick's stats looks sub-par yesterday, but he was one or two drops away from having a TD or two and an extra 100 yards extra

2) Donte Whitner played like a pro bowler the whole game. Laid some nice hits, played good in coverage, caused Megatron to have alligator arms on a big 4th qrtr play

The only problem I had with his play was that stupid shoulder he gave Calvin Johnson after he was already in the end zone. He often tackles that way, WITH HIS SHOULDER. That's not tackling and it drives me nuts!!! :wallbash:

Edited by DanInSouthBuffalo

The only problem I had with his play was that stupid shoulder he gave Calvin Johnson after he was already in the end zone. He often tackles that way, WITH HIS SHOULDER. That's not tackling and it drives me nuts!!! :wallbash:

In a "textbook" tackle, you lead with your shoulder and wrap up. I'm not defending Donte, because I think he's average at best. What you might be seeing is that he's always looking for that "lights out" hit, rather than actually tackling.

1) Kyle Williams was off the hook in the first half, played like a pro bowler - Agreed2) Donte Whitner played like a pro bowler the whole game. Laid some nice hits, played good in coverage, caused Megatron to have alligator arms on a big 4th qrtr play - His missed assignment on the Megatron TD & the TE's combined for 100 yards, but OK3) Freddie J fights for every yard - Agreed

4) Suh who? Good job Wood - Interior O Line played well agaisnt a very good Lions front 4

5) They have Kelsay playing DE about 60% of the time and he looks MUCH more comfortable there. Still not living up to that contract, but played much better6) Arthur Moats applied a lot of pressure and forced some throws

7) After that wide open completion to the slot receiver on 4th down in the 4th quarter for 20 some yards, you could see Florence chewing out Reggie Corner who must have missed his assignement. If we had LB's that could cover anything, like you need for a good 3-4 D this would have been a non issue8) Fitzpatrick's stats looks sub-par yesterday, but he was one or two drops away from having a TD or two and an extra 100 yards extra...That is a homer quote if I have ever seen one... I like Fitz, a lot, cuz he's tuff and a gamer, but SJ's drop was the only one that would've picked up anything significant and he underthrew SJ, badly, twice down the sideline.

I agree, he had a very solid game but he needs to learn when to go for the hit and when to go with the textbook tackle (McKelvin could learn this too). He needs to understand situational football.

I don't have a problem him shouldering Megatron there, maybe he forces him to cough up the ball and the refs are forced to review the play, maybe they overturn the TD, who knows?

I have a problem when he goes with his shoulder and Pettigrew only has to jump him to gain 22 yards. It happens all over the league but the good teams are the ones that make sure the ball carrier doesn't gain extra yardage if they can prevent them.

1) Kyle Williams was off the hook in the first half, played like a pro bowler

3) Freddie J fights for every yard

4) Suh who? Good job Wood

5) They have Kelsay playing DE about 60% of the time and he looks MUCH more comfortable there.

6) Arthur Moats applied a lot of pressure and forced some throws

7) After that wide open completion to the slot receiver on 4th down in the 4th quarter for 20 some yards, you could see Florence chewing out Reggie Corner who must have missed his assignement.

8) Fitzpatrick's stats looks sub-par yesterday, but he was one or two drops away from having a TD or two and an extra 100 yards extra

ON Moats, in the Bears game I thought he looked more active and was getting close to pressuring Cutler. He is getting better. I don't now if he will be the longer term answer, but he could well be the best pass rusher we have at the moment.

Agreed, and this is the same technique that the league is trying to prevent in their recent crack-down.

It HORRIBLE tackling form, and the ONLY result is injury to the players (both O and D).

Kurt Schulz was our first Safety to use this technique and it's been driving me crazy ever since!!

He tried to jar the ball loose. It wasn't going to happen, but it was better then just tackling him.

As far as Fitz, he over threw Lee once, Stevie twice and under-threw him once as well. Not too much touch displayed but conditions did kinda suck.

Edited by stony